robinmk4l

Emptyness and anxiety from enlightenment work?

5 posts in this topic

For as long as I can remember I have been pretty unhappy and unsettled (as most ego-driven humans) and the small amount of positive feelings i've felt have almost exclusively come from the ego. Very rarely have i felt real pleasure from doing something in the present moment except from some very temporary entertainment like drugs, sex, masturbation, having fun and i guess some very rare glimpses of some kind of genuine peace. 

I have been meditating daily for a couple of years but never with the real intention of actually becoming enlightened. However, lately as i have made some progress and actually starting to raise awareness i have come to realise that my mind is no friend of mine and i genuinely want to become free. So i've started becoming much more serious with my awareness work, started self-inquiring and trying to be present and aware as much as i possibly can. My mind is definetly a lot more still but this has left me with an unpleasant feeling of emptyness inside aswell as alot of negative sensations and emotions as anxiety, sadness, mild depression etc. 

Have anyone else experienced this? Is it normal and do you have any tips on how to deal with this? 

Thank you :)

@robinmk4l Self actualization can be uncomfortable at times. Sometimes one needs to put Truth above security and comfort.

31 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

@robinmk4l Self actualization can be uncomfortable at times. Sometimes one needs to put Truth above security and comfort.

Thank u :)

Freedom from the conflicting self with its clinging to what delivers a sense of safety needs to end first. Truth is never come about when we are caught up in divisive action/reaction. And reaction to that empty feeling is just that. Don’t worry about truth, put order in living first. All that anxiety, depression, stress, is all reactionary and self movement. From the place of self/conflict,  truth can never come about. Freedom from the conditioned responses first dudes. You don’t do anything about truth. Truth is when all that baggage has ended.