Baotrader

Leo starts to believe in past lives

25 posts in this topic

Hi all, I'm back from 300mg armodafilnil. It hurt though. I want to ask whether Leo is starting to believe in past lives and next lives now? Leo once said he never experienced past lives before but in his latest video he certainly seems to have begun to have faith in the past lives theory.

Are past lives and next lives real? Has anyone here experienced past lives?

I think its just easier to explain to ego´s cause we believe in past and the future...we came up with the concepts. Actually there is no time as we know it, everything is happening now. But that is so hard to wrap your head around it´s easier to speak as if we were having lives that follow eachother in a linear manner.

@Baotrader

Leo does not believe in past lives, the very function of belief implies that the truth is you really don't know, otherwise if you really did know, it wouldn't be a belief would it? Its like me saying to you " I believe in the sun!" you would look at me stupid wouldn't you, why? Because there is no need to believe there is a sun, what good does it do if you believe in the sun? None. It doesn't have any meaning at all. 

My advice would be this.. Don't believe in linear reincarnation, instead CHALLENGE your belief about linear Time. Its always been the present, has it not? Are you not reading this now? And when you posted this, wasnt that now? And when you go to bed tonight won't that be now? And when you die won't that be now? Now is an absolute, no need to believe it, it really won't do no good for you if you did, but now is boundless silents, be quiet for a moment you can hear it between your ears.  Or you could say that the absolute you is being reincarnated in every moment of time. You died trillions of time today and you got birthed into existence trillions of times today aswell.. That's alot of drowning in pussy juice for you lol.

10 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

@Baotrader You are looking at it from the perspective of a self. Remove the self and take another look.

Of course I'm talking from the self. What is the point of talking about reincarnation if we are not looking at it from the perspective of the self? If everyone else is me there's no point talking about reincarnation

Leo didn't start to "believe" in this now. He has mentioned this in his 'paranormal phenomena' episode; and basically, his point is that there is overwhelming anecdotal evidence supporting this. Of course, from the perspective of God there is no such thing as a past life, but from the perspective of an individuated consciousness, there may be.

past_lives.PNG

Edited by legendary
Attaching better pic

We are enslaved by anything we do not consciously see. We are freed by conscious perception.

- Vernon Howard

14 hours ago, Baotrader said:

Of course I'm talking from the self. What is the point of talking about reincarnation if we are not looking at it from the perspective of the self? If everyone else is me there's no point talking about reincarnation

That’s cool. It’s fun to talk about it from a self perspective too ?

There is also a trans-personal perpective. From this perspective, the self is illusory. Reincarnation beyond the self is fascinating.

Although it gets thrown around that you're everything, and at the highest level this can be the case, the awareness that is aware of your/that body and your/that mind is a point of consciousness. Even if you achieve self-realization and the distinction between self, other, and seen fades, it is all being perceived from a single point of consciousness. Perhaps when points of consciousness experience what seems to them like past lives, this might be them tapping into a larger point of consciousness that isn't the Totality, but a larger Self than the individualized consciousness currently experiencing right now.

Think of it like a Russian nesting doll. You are the smallest point of consciousness, which broke off from a larger point of consciousness for whatever reason, and this continues on until you reach the Absolute. If this were the case, this overarching consciousness above you could be where the experience of your past lives goes. But if time is not linear, it would be more proper to say this is where your other lives go, even lives that would be considered future in linear time. 

37 minutes ago, Elysian said:

Even if you achieve self-realization and the distinction between self, other, and seen fades, it is all being perceived from a single point of consciousness. 

That assumes separation. What separates “my” consciousness from the consciousness of the person I’m talking to? How do you know these are two different points of consciousness?

That idea becomes transcended into a more holistic consciousness.

On 31/10/2018 at 1:47 PM, Baotrader said:

Hi all, I'm back from 300mg armodafilnil. It hurt though. I want to ask whether Leo is starting to believe in past lives and next lives now? Leo once said he never experienced past lives before but in his latest video he certainly seems to have begun to have faith in the past lives theory.

Are past lives and next lives real? Has anyone here experienced past lives?

If you are not separate from reality then you are not separate from every past life that has ever occured. Every life that has ever occurred is a past life. Whether you're conscious of any of those lives is another matter of course.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

This wasn't my experience when I went non-dual, the distinction between self and other disappeared, but perception only happened from one point in this experience, Not two. Recognizing two points of consciousness as one whole and experiencing two points of consciousness simultaneously are two different things (ie. From two points of view).

I've only experienced two points of consciousness simultaneously in the Astral. I can tell you, this is extremely disorienting and difficult to process. I've heard more than two can be done but that's not something I've achieved yet.

Edited by Elysian
Add

54 minutes ago, Elysian said:

This wasn't my experience when I went non-dual, the distinction between self and other disappeared, but perception only happened from one point in this experience, Not two. 

Did more than one point of consciousness exist during the nondual experience?

Yes, assuming that another person in my perception is indeed conscious and not just a hallucination/simulation.

But the point of view I call my Self, simply can never experience another point of view with this amount of awareness. Are you saying regardless of not being able to directly experience those other points of view that they are the same consciousness? Being a part of the same whole is different than saying they are exactly the same.

This still wouldn't negate the possibility of multiple levels of subdivision of awareness I was originally talking about. Just like we've forgotten what we are, so too could a higher Self be separated in some way from the Absolute.

Leo has also mentioned that you've got to choose whom you will become in a new life...

who would deliberately choose to become a serial killer's victim??

and i would imagine multiple people wanting to become a superstar, but there's limited number of superstars out there at all times...

16 hours ago, Elysian said:

Yes, assuming that another person in my perception is indeed conscious and not just a hallucination/simulation.

But the point of view I call my Self, simply can never experience another point of view with this amount of awareness. Are you saying regardless of not being able to directly experience those other points of view that they are the same consciousness? Being a part of the same whole is different than saying they are exactly the same.

This still wouldn't negate the possibility of multiple levels of subdivision of awareness I was originally talking about. Just like we've forgotten what we are, so too could a higher Self be separated in some way from the Absolute.

Yes, being one consciousness as nothing/everything. It's not being part of a whole. It is being the whole - no distinctions. It's a bit freaky going there and returning.

As well, there is the experience of the self dissolving and being a point of awareness within a larger consciousness.

I would consider both as mystical experiences. IME, neither has a sense of separation. For the latter experience, I've heard a teacher describe it as shining light into a paper bag with many holes. The light shines through individual holes, yet they are all part of the same bag and all share the same light.

11 hours ago, General 2 said:

Leo has also mentioned that you've got to choose whom you will become in a new life...

who would deliberately choose to become a serial killer's victim??

and i would imagine multiple people wanting to become a superstar, but there's limited number of superstars out there at all times...

Be mindful of the True "You" and the illusory "you". 

I think you are looking at it from the rational perspective of the illusory "you". The post-rational perspective is a very different understanding - that is reached through nonverbal, intuitive and post-rational direct experience.

22 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Yes, being one consciousness as nothing/everything. It's not being part of a whole. It is being the whole - no distinctions. It's a bit freaky going there and returning.

As well, there is the experience of the self dissolving and being a point of awareness within a larger consciousness.

I would consider both as mystical experiences. IME, neither has a sense of separation. For the latter experience, I've heard a teacher describe it as shining light into a paper bag with many holes. The light shines through individual holes, yet they are all part of the same bag and all share the same light.

It seems that my non-dual experience was more like a glimpse into the beginning of nonduality then, and that's why it's hard to understand, since I've never directly experienced the way you're describing. The distinction between Self, other and environment was much more difficult to see, but I still retained individuality. Speaking to other felt as speaking to other even if physically the boundaries were not as apparent.

Note: Maybe the experience I had was really meant to highlight the illusion of associating with ego and body, and instead to associate with awareness itself. This is what stuck out most to me, and the fading of borders was more of a preview.

Edited by Elysian
Add

25 minutes ago, Elysian said:

It seems that my non-dual experience was more like a glimpse into the beginning of nonduality then, and that's why it's hard to understand, since I've never directly experienced the way you're describing. The distinction between Self, other and environment was much more difficult to see, but I still retained individuality. Speaking to other felt as speaking to other even if physically the boundaries were not as apparent.

Note: Maybe the experience I had was really meant to highlight the illusion of associating with ego and body, and instead to associate with awareness itself. This is what stuck out most to me, and the fading of borders was more of a preview.

I've experienced various "flavors" of mystical / nondual experiences. In one flavor, the timeline dissolves and there is only the eternal now. Another flavor is the one you describe in which the self and many distinctions dissolve - and there is a sense of awareness from a point. The regular "me" dissolves, yet there is still some type of "me" present that is aware. Yet, it still feels weird to describe the experiences using terms like "I" and "me" - since this "regular" self wasn't present. Most of my mystical experiences are in this genre. They can be very profound and intense.

I've only ventured deeper one time. Into the null void - absolute nothingness - in which all distinctions dissolve. I dont't think I have experienced the other side of the coin - absolute everything.