The_spanish_guy

Massive Action Or Just Enlightenment Work?

11 posts in this topic

Hi everybody, my name is Jose and I am from Spain (so please, forgive me if my english is not good enough). For my surprise (hehe) I am 32 years old. This is my very first post in this forum, so It´s a massive pleasure for me.

The thing is that I have been struggling in life since my early 20s: anxiety, drepression and some OCD episodes. The whole deal, right? In any case, my major issue is dealing with fear and insecure. I also have problems to get what I want in life: girls, money, good health...I also grew up in a dysfunctional family that did not encourage me in any way, didn´t provide me self steem at all neither. I had lived without meaning or purpouse since I remember. Not doing to much in order to not stand out among my classmates and friends...

Once I was treated by a therapist. The one I trusted the most (I also went to another two, quite forgettable...) That guy gave me some tools to work with: It was all about be ambitious, passionate and stay hungry for life. Sounds good, doesn`t it? It partially worked for me. I suppose I didn´t get the results I needed because I did not do my best. Well, now my question is...

In order to transced all my neurotic behaviours, what would it be my best option?

To take Massive action, referred by Leo on his early videos in order to develop a strong ego, what also resonates with what my therapist told me to do. 

OR

To make enlightment work, release the ego and finally become a new human being

I really have no clue which one will work better for me, because they are (or at least, they seem) like two different worlds. 

By the way, I have had some enlightment experiences, really vivid and beauty. I am also highly emotional and rational, always tending to overthink any situation (145 IQ also, if it helps)

I defenitely need a change in my life, so please, I will be eternally grateful if someone spark a light on me. 

To my opinion you`ll first have to find a better balance in life. To arrive at a certain attitude where there is a bit more peace and relaxation.

Now it`s like you are assuming you have two options, but that`s not the case. In life there are always countless options.

A better balance is always about training body, mind, heart and soul. Pick up some physical training, for example hatha-yoga, some mind stuff you are passionate about and choose a meditation practice you like. The heart stuff is always the most difficult, particularly when you are a guy who can become stuck in the head (as I am). 

So do you have a preferable school of thought or belief or passion to answer this last one?@The_spanish_guy

Yes, take massive action but on the inner work. And I feel it's so painful much more outter work. Your brain, heart and body gonna hurts although you just sitting around and contemplating (conflicting thoughts, beliefs is fuckin pain :D) 

Whatever happens..
The Truth will free my soul

Inner work is your key to solving all your problems. As you fix your mind, your actions will automatically change, with you needing less and less 'willpower', 'discipline' to get things done. 

You're going to have a lot of  doubts, but if you keep going, your life will start to change. 

Say you are working 8hour shifts on a product in a dark room without a light, without seeing anything and you are not satisfied with the product... so your plan is now to try to improove the results by working 3 shifts and 10times as fast ...would the product really increase in quality?

Or would it help to first think about what you produce and why you stick to this product in the first place...also start switching on the lights in the room might help the work ;)

*super-awesome-metaphor-mode-off*

@The_spanish_guy Have you ever experienced pure being? That which lies beyond what you think of as "you" as mind. It will change you forever.

On 4/4/2016 at 0:22 PM, Makis said:

@The_spanish_guy

What about trusting your intuition?

Well, sometimes I've heard Leo giving not much credit to intuition as part of the illusion of the mind. In the past I also made some quite big mistakes because of that. Not sure what think about it...

17 hours ago, cetus56 said:

@The_spanish_guy Have you ever experienced pure being? That which lies beyond what you think of as "you" as mind. It will change you forever.

A few times, yes. But I randomly get to that state from time to time, almost never. 

@The_spanish_guy Do this, slow your mind down by turning your attention to nothing but your breath. When you feel relaxed and quiet, imagine a place of infinite silence and stillness. I mean infinite. Focus on that Infinite emptiness. Does your perception shift suddenly and awareness comes to a point of perfect focus that you never knew was possible.

Thanks for the advice, my friend. I will put it into practice just today ;-)

They are two completely different orders of things. 

If you just want to be happier and create a better life with cool people and nice things, then take the massive action and never think about enlightenment again. 

But if you are prepared to lose everything you've ever known and are familiar with, and have the primary motivator for everything in your life destroyed and replaced with a sense of contentment, peace and love, then go for enlightenment and give it everything you've possibly got.