Silvester

Accepting evil

42 posts in this topic

New video confused me a bit. When I do inquiry on things I find evil, I usually realize that it’s me projecting. But now considering what Leo talked about, should Ialso accept it as evil, as evil being part of me? 

Realizing that both good and evil is part of me, of the true self, seems a different approach than questioning both concepts and realizing that they both don’t exist. Or does it it ultimately end in the same result? He talked about accepting and loving unconditionally. Is that different from questioning everything through inquiry? Because in inquiry the usual approach would be to realize that the thing I am looking at is only a projected concept. So what do I love then? Also, when questioning beliefs, most of the time I would work on the ones that create negative emotion (eg:the world is unfair) rather than positive beliefs (the world is fair). Both are conceptual. Would it be better to just question both negative and positive ones? Because after watching the video it seems sort of non- holistic to only work the negative ones... Lol I think I am overthinking this a little bit haha

Btw no hate on Leo I loved the episode. Really nice ears.

The confusion arises if mind is trying to comprehend ideas/concepts about this. There is really no accepting or condemning Evil at all. This reactionary response is division based and a reflection of contradiction/thinking/the thinker.  All that is still a conditioned response of the chooser/self/mind. I say it’s dangerous to communicate this to people because thought misinterprets it. It cannnot be understood by mind itself. Mind has to come to a “state” of NONBEING. 

The best thing I ever did was stay away of explanations of this seeing through nonbeing. The less conditioned activity of mind the clearer it all becomes. Plus we don not destroy the brilliance of the mysterious by trying to explain it away with thought/psychological compulsion. Much more direct and glorious dudes.

Edited by Jack River

@Sahil Pandit as far as I can tell with my inquiry practice it sort of doesn’t exist. In fact, whenever I truly look at somethig, all attributes fall away

@Jack River you are probably right haha, maybe I should not overthink this so much. I do like how these spiritual concepts can motivate one to do the work but other than that they can be very confusing. Sometimes I can’t decide if I should contemplate something or observe it as in meditation. Although those two practices blend into one another sometimes. 

Anyway, thx for the response guys 

On 10/28/2018 at 11:22 AM, Silvester said:

New video confused me a bit. When I do inquiry on things I find evil, I usually realize that it’s me projecting. But now considering what Leo talked about, should Ialso accept it as evil, as evil being part of me? 

Realizing that both good and evil is part of me, of the true self, seems a different approach than questioning both concepts and realizing that they both don’t exist. Or does it it ultimately end in the same result? He talked about accepting and loving unconditionally. Is that different from questioning everything through inquiry? Because in inquiry the usual approach would be to realize that the thing I am looking at is only a projected concept. So what do I love then? Also, when questioning beliefs, most of the time I would work on the ones that create negative emotion (eg:the world is unfair) rather than positive beliefs (the world is fair). Both are conceptual. Would it be better to just question both negative and positive ones? Because after watching the video it seems sort of non- holistic to only work the negative ones... Lol I think I am overthinking this a little bit haha

Btw no hate on Leo I loved the episode. Really nice ears.

In regards to one of your questions about questioning whats good/positive in your beliefs/life.  I think its not that important.  If your happy, your happy, if theres a reason why, maybe its useful, maybe not.  But if there are things that cause you pain and ruin your energy, just focus on that, let the good be as it is. 

Then in regards to your first question, whats good and whats bad/evil at some point may just appear to be neither one or the other, it simply is the case and unlabeled (and generally there is a profound peace with this).  But ya jack may be right, this can just be more to get confused over, lol.

On 10/28/2018 at 11:22 AM, Silvester said:

Realizing that both good and evil is part of me, of the true self, seems a different approach than questioning both concepts and realizing that they both don’t exist.

If you realize good and evil is a construct of the mind and don't exist - what's the problem?

It's like realizing Foenst and Acotri don't exist.  At that point, who cares if someone said we are part Foenst and part Acotri? Neither exist, so it becomes irrelevant - a non-issue.

Love dissolves "evil" like light erases shadow.

What is shadow but miniscule light?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Profound... But this will take me a good week or two to fully grasp the significance of this frase. (Much love from Brazil) 

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Love dissolves "evil" like light erases shadow.

What is shadow but miniscule light?

Leo, could you please clarify a few things....You confused and scared the shit out of me with that video.

You say I'll experience everything including all the "horrors and pains" (from the ego perspective) that you mentioned, yet I won't be experiencing it from the ego perspective, so what will that be like? Will that be like watching a movie on a screen or dissolving all of it with Love? Have you already gone through this experience personally, experiencing everything?

Journal of Jesus Christ - https://journalofjesuschrist.com

5 hours ago, Vladimir said:

Leo, could you please clarify a few things....You confused and scared the shit out of me with that video.

You say I'll experience everything including all the "horrors and pains" (from the ego perspective) that you mentioned, yet I won't be experiencing it from the ego perspective, so what will that be like?

Don't worry about it because you will be dead by then.

The Void Self will live through a trillion lives. But you are not going to know it because you are one of those lives now. You don't have enough elevation to see the full picture.

Imagine that you already died a bunch of times as Napoleon, Hitler, etc. You just don't have access to those memories in this incarnation. So it's no problem for you.

The issue here is that who you think you are, are your memories. Those memories will get wiped. Those memories are not the ultimate you, they are the illusory you. Any fear you have is also part of the illusory you.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Don't worry about it because you will be dead by then.

The Void Self will live through a trillion lives. But you are not going to know it because you are one of those lives now. You don't have enough elevation to see the full picture.

Imagine that you already died a bunch of times as Napoleon, Hitler, etc. You just don't have access to those memories in this incarnation. So it's no problem for you.

The issue here is that who you think you are, are your memories. Those memories will get wiped. Those memories are not the ultimate you, they are the illusory you. Any fear you have is also part of the illusory you.

In an earlier episode, you said that ‘incarnation’ is just a paradigm. Do you still hold that view?

Edited by How to be wise

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

4 hours ago, How to be wise said:

In an earlier episode, you said that ‘incarnation’ is just a paradigm. Do you still hold that view?

I wondered about that myself, because there are so many episodes now and the statements of Leo contradict each other from time to time. So it would be really interesting, if there are any changes in Leo's View comparing to other episodes. It would be really cool, if there was a function in youtube, where you can add a little update onto the Video after a while. What are your thoughts on that Leo?

Edited by MrMog

Been juggling ideas around on an abstract level. Pretty sure that Evil is not a concept, sometimes confuse it as concept (should probably try to affirm that as a truth, meat brain or soul). However the word still exists. To resist Evil is to fight it, at least on the level of a purely internal mind game, this is futile. 

Pretty sure good is related to, or at least broken down into multiple concepts, but for the sake of universality to have any meaning the Good must either exist as God or an Aristotelian golden mean. The distinction itself is irrelevant, it's meaning however is profound. Whether as a mean or God, the empirical self will try to attain the mean or necessary good, the Ego in it self is not necessarily good, but useful in the concentration of power. Memory is a projection of the past and future, and is not real.

15 minutes ago, RichardY said:

To resist Evil is to fight it, at least on the level of a purely internal mind game, this is futile. 

Yeah, as to resist is reaction. When we resist evil, which is an inncoherent action, we are arenstill moving within that incoherence. The evil and the resistance are part of the same structure of incoherence as psychological movement(illusion). 

26 minutes ago, RichardY said:

the Ego in it self is not necessarily good, but useful in the concentration of power. Memory is a projection of the past and future, and is not real.

The evil tends to arise when self sees itself as real. When it does this it moves towards or away from good/evil. Both in this case are still time/ego/self bound. As in still incoherence remains. 

To make a distinction here, I see goodness as actually being coherent action, and evil as incoherent action. When this reaction in either direction psychologically ends then there is coherence/goodness, and that goodness is not born of its opposite, evil. 

If that makes sense. 

Edited by Jack River

@Jack River

Yeah I avoid Coherentism. I think it's like the Justified Belief Theory of Truth(as a process), except that instead of having one core belief that may or may not be conscious, you have two conflicting ones. I think it is more likely if you have a collectively dominant Ego, where as JBT tends to be more individualistic. Infinitism would require dropping all beliefs, well good luck with that. Both Hegel and Spinoza, that seem to have a coherence theory of truth, end up contradicting themselves.

I don't agree with the concept of the self, I do however agree with the term ownership. Not sure what either really means, I guess you could view the Ego as a filter(obscuring), polluting or concentrating what it perceives. Not really sure on the whole mechanism.

The best metaphysic I've found so far is Leibniz Monadology, also seems to be very similar to Jung's Aion, so in the absence of better suggestions I'll stick with that.

Talks about Coherentism a bit in the following video.

24 minutes ago, RichardY said:

Yeah I avoid Coherentism. I think it's like the Justified Belief Theory of Truth(as a process), except that instead of having one core belief that may or may not be conscious, you have two conflicting ones.

I’m not following you dude. :)

This coherence I’m talking about is not avoidance or acceptance of ideas, concepts, theory’s. All that is this coherence. 

You see what I mean?

I mean coherence as in a word pointing to order/harmony, as in no psychological seeking through thought itself. Not a concept that self/ego conforms too. 

Edited by Jack River

There is no coming to this order/coherence by accumulating and conforming to any “isms” or thought inventions. 

But instead understanding directly the nature of thought/felling/emotion as a process. Does that make sense?

Edited by Jack River

This order/coherence/goodness comes not with accumulated thought inventions, but understanding the whole of thought itself.