EvilAngel

Near Death Experiences

6 posts in this topic

I was wondering what Leo thought about NDE's, cos they may contradict some of the ideas he has about God. I was watching his video on 'actuality' and he says God is: direct experience/consciousness/you/me/EVERYTHING 

This is something I used to believe, however I've studied NDE's for a while now and the millions of documented reports seem to indicate that IN THEIR EXPERIENCE, God is something OUTSIDE OF THEMSELVES, that they make their way towards after the death of their physical body. I mean, the experience often starts with them looking down upon their bodies, then moving upwards towards a great light. I personally believe I am OF God, but I would never claim that I AM God. 

I'm not sure if Leo believes in the 'soul', but I sure do, as I have had out-of-body experiences (one in which I was being pulled upwards and heard voices saying "you're safe now" and "you've made it"... at which point I resisted and told them it wasn't my time yet). 

Has Leo looked into this topic much? I'd love to see an episode on this.

What religious background do you have ?

And when you were a kid ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

In my opinion, to say "I am OF God" or "I AM God" is exactly the same thing from a non-dual point of view (a point of view where the illusion of separation is transcended). Do you see what I mean here ?

To talk about the existence of "soul", I also like to believe in it, and use this concept when I talk. But I am aware that at the end the soul is nothing else then a psychological construct. I think that there's nothing "actual" to it.

3 minutes ago, Shin said:

What religious background do you have ?

And when you were a kid ?

I was raised with no strict religious dogma from my parents - my father is an ex-Catholic (now very Buddhist oriented) and my mother, now deceased, was a New Age type (think Reiki, crystals, spirit guides etc) . At school we said the Lords prayer every morning, and occasionally learned about Jesus. However, I only attended church maybe twice before I was 20.

3 minutes ago, iPurpl3x said:

In my opinion, to say "I am OF God" or "I AM God" is exactly the same thing from a non-dual point of view (a point of view where the illusion of separation is transcended). Do you see what I mean here ?

To talk about the existence of "soul", I also like to believe in it, and use this concept when I talk. But I am aware that at the end the soul is nothing else then a psychological construct. I think that there's nothing "actual" to it.

I disagree. I think the soul is as 'actual' as you can get... i.e. the real you, as opposed to the ego which is what you THINK you are. Look into astral projection, you might find that you can directly experience being conscious OUTSIDE OF the mind and body. 

Have you considered whether you are now in a body? Where are you? Are you in your eyes, or your head (the usual suspects)?