Mada_

"heroic" dose for my first trip?

25 posts in this topic

I'm looking to do my first psilocybin mushroom trip next week but am unsure on how much I should take, I was considering doing Terrence Mckenna's famous 5 grams in silent darkness/heroic dose. I'm 17 years old and have been having some substantial insights from self-observation and meditation: My meditation practice has evolved over a year and my self observation methods pretty frequent for a few months - I feel my consciousness is expanded and I am starting to comprehend actuality as opposed to believed, conceptual reality. My psychedelic experience is limited, I have only done a 150uq acid trip quite a while ago which was interesting but at this point in my journey I was 'looking for answers' and my meditation practice was much more focus based which translated into an interesting yet rather pointless experience, although there were good intentions underlying the 'insight' gained, I would characterize the trip as a "virtuous" delusion.

I feel my experience will clearly be different to those I observe on Youtube who give their 'heroic dose' trip reports, some instances people reporting not being able to distinguish hallucination from reality and I infer this is where most psychological distress stems from. On the psychonaut subreddit I get a straight no when I ask whether I should begin with a 5 gram trip. So from a 'high consciousness' perspective, I'm not saying this to brag about supposedly fitting into this category, but from people who genuinely explore actuality, would I get a lot out of a 5 gram mushroom trip in silent darkness of simply distress? 

I would be cautious with pschedelics at your age. Your frontal cortex is still developing.

For a breakthrough experience, I would take just the amount to ensure a breakthrough experience. Going higher than that can cause blackouts and the experiences become extremely difficult to integrate into life.

Dang, you're young. I don't want to give an underage person any advice on this, other than to say that my first mushroom dose was around 5g. But I was quite a bit older than you are.

33 minutes ago, Nahm said:

and don’t call the police / paramedics when you’re dying. 

:ph34r:

Why dont you bench press 100kg first try?

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

5 minutes ago, NoSelfSelf said:

Why dont you bench press 100kg first try?

I *almost* did that. I got sooo close!

Thats utterly dumb, get acquinted with the psychedelics you take...

With a new psychedeloc start at a low dose , experience, integrate, review, then up the dose very gradually  

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

You're in for a world of hurt you can't even imagine.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Serotoninluv you are not human confirmed :D

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

Would you go skydiving without an instructor attached to you the first time you jump?

Best case scenario you have a high natural tolerance and nothing happens. Worst case scenario you seriously injur yourself or someone else, possibly landing yourself in jail or a mental institution. 

Psychedelics aren't a game, nothing is that can radically alter your consciousness. Start with a low dose, and incrementally work your way up to be as safe as possible. Make sure someone you trust that is familiar with psychedelics is babysitting you in a place you feel safe. 

Just to back up what everyone else is saying: Theres nothing to be gained by doing this, only downsides/risks. You need practice first.

You'd be better off waiting a couple years also.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

@Mada_ Learn from my mistakes.

You're in for a world of hurt you can't even imagine. - Leo Gura

I'm 18, worked my way up gradually on LSD and had some very deep insights into myself, my psychology and reality. Eventually got to a higher dose, 600ug in silent darkness, which I took on Thursday.

I lost touch with reality to such a degree, that I essentially blacked out, trashed my place because the physical world no longer seemed to exist. Had an ego death experience, couldn't distinguish between myself and anyone or anything else. Time stopped existing. But I completely lost consciousness and walked downstairs, out of my flat and into a neighbours place. They called the cops, and I was taken to the hospital to be checked out.

They let me out after an hour or so. Got back to my place, caused hundreds of dollars in damage to some of my personal property and spent the next 3 hours cleaning the place up. Nearly got evicted, had to have a good discussion with my landlord and the neighbour to calm everything down and take responsibility for my actions.

You could say I got some deep insights into psychedelics and their seriousness from the last trip, though not the type of insights I was expecting.

If you feel compelled to do it, and there is no talking you out of it. Learn from my mistake. Have a sober trip sitter if it's a high dose because even if you can handle the ego-death fine and go into it comfortably, when you've blacked out and lost touch with reality you can still do stupid things like walk around without realising it.

In particular, I decided to lay off the psychedelics for a while. I realised there is so much more for me to do and the emotional state I was in after the trip having to deal with the consequences of my negligence was not worth the short few hours I spent going deep.

I will certainly come back to these substances at some point, but for now. I'll stick with meditation, vipassana, life purpose, health, psychology and self-education.

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Edited by Bluebird
improved

@Bluebird Damn. Stick to low doses. You don't need more than 200ug to have all the deepest insights. It's not the size of the dose, it's how you use it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You're in for a world of hurt you can't even imagine.

What dosage would you recommend for my first psychedelic mushroom experience?

@Bluebird Glad everyone ended up being ok.

I've been where you were. I only took what I thought to be 200ug once, with a lot of psychedelic experience under my belt. I did it alone, and ended up wandering into a hotel lobby. Thought I was having a heart attack and scared a lot of people. Had to be taken to a hospital and given something to counteract the effects. I felt very ashamed by how I had inconvenienced and worried so many people, including my family. I'm not planning on taking psychedelics ever again.

I had gotten this from someone I trusted and knew that they had the integrity to actually get me LSD instead of some random chemical. But the truth is, unless you make it your self, grow it yourself, or someone you trust with your life, you just don't really know, even with a test kit. And even when from one of the sources, there is a host of reasons for variability in dose. Even just on one sheet of blotter, there could be hotspots which could lead to one dose having 20 times what another dose has. Mushrooms can also vary in potency from the same batch, based on a variety of factors.

If someone is determined to use them, the more natural the better (think mushrooms, morning glory), when you get some from a new batch start at a baby dose and work your way up, and preferably grow it yourself or only get it from someone who grows it.

I wish it were legalized and highly regulated so psychedelics were handled in a way like weed is in the states, where active compounds are listed by their percentages and a person can get a tailored dose for their individual needs. Until something like that happens, absolute precaution should be taken by a determined seeker. Even with all the talk about mind being against you, it is one of the most valuable assets one has in the physical world. Don't treat it like a test dummy.

Edited by Elysian
Grammar

i wouldn't.

I have attended couple of Ayahuasca ceremonies with Shamans. Couple of nights ago, i had a home Ceremony with Magic truffles with a friend who is more experienced than me. It was my first time with Mushrooms, so I only did around 3 grams, which is equivalent to 1 gram of Golden Teacher Mushroom i think. So it was a light does. Even though i am not a complete novice, It was still very tough.  I had to deal with a lot of pain and anxiety. I ended up having a lot of insights about Compassion, love, surrender, depression, oneness, relation of Pain to creativity and productivity, life as infinite number of trips, ... 

Mushroom are way more cleaner than Ayahuasca, especially on the body, at least for me. Ayahuasca is a Tough teacher, so the lesson you learn are deeper. Mushroom is a sweetheart in comparison. That being said, mushroom can be tough as well and can take you for a hell of a ride.

So you don't need to start with a high dose. You can still learn so much from low dosage. I wouldn't even do it alone for the first times.

But it's up to you. Its your journey :) 

That’s crazy, man... Psychedelics are not toys. Bad trips can be extremely scary and traumatizing.

I agree with Leo.

@Elysian Yeah, it certainly wasn't a good feeling coming down from the trip.

Definitely got my lesson. I would be hesitant to say I'll never go back to psychedelics, but I'm staying clear for a while and if I do go back it'll be with a much lower dose as per Leo's suggestion. I've had 200ug trips before that were amazing and so clear, I retained almost no insights from this one because it was just so fast acting and too strong.

Felt very guilt around my actions, and definitely the scare it caused my family as well.

Anyway, the journey is still beginning and I'm trying to grow with and through this experience.