Bryan Lettner

Midichlorian Count: A new paradigm for resource allocation

26 posts in this topic

**Note that i do not definitively espouse any of these views outright or with any strong degree of certainty.  I am merely presenting some good ideas, to be weighed against other good ideas and valid counterexamples.  Strong convictions, held loosely, etc.

**And I do not necessarily think any civilization necessarily needs to exist or be sustained and continued.  Civilization itself may be a bad idea.  Pure nothingness/ non-experience is just as well.  But... if we are going to perpetuate our civilization, we might as well set things up strategically, and as optimally as possible.

**Written kinda bullet-pointy, doesn't flow well.  Take what you will from it.

The fact that someone can work hard and strategically to increase their level of consciousness is wonderful.  But the fact that someone can work hard and strategically to increase their bank account, despite their level of consciousness, is a travesty.  And a recipe for a dysfunctional poopshow of a society.

It's possible that how much money you get paid should be based solely on your spiral dynamics level.  Not even on your contributions.  Reward on the front end, before you make anything of value, without any expectation of having to make anything at all, ever.  Now, from a certain perspective, this is actually reward on the back end, because talent and spiral-dynamics-level (or "midichlorian count") is soul labor already accomplished, crystallized and calcified into the soul.

And maybe a more nuanced and pragmatic model would be to use level of consciousness as a primary determining factor of monetary income, with some other factors weighed in as well.

One could argue that the reason Anakin Skywalker went off the rails is mostly because he was forced to trudge through the archaic conventions of people dumber and less advanced than him, who wouldn't let him use his power until he satisfied their dumb criteria.  If he had just been given an open platform to express himself, commensurate with his innate, inborn level of ability (his "midichlorian count"), then no frustration would have arisen, and he would have remained a force for benevolence.  Of course it's just a movie, but a decent example nonetheless.

One problem with this model is, lower spiral dynamics level players will not permit this, and will do everything in their power to prevent it.  And another problem is... who would implement and maintain and enforce the model?  Well, those with the highest levels of consciousness, of course.  In the same way that the current financial system was a lot of work to create, but has nearly unstoppable momentum.... this new model will be a lot of work to implement, but once up and running, very stable over time, and resilient to perturbation.  Perhaps only implementable through enlightened dictatorship, or a team acting in that capacity.  

Leo brings up some great points about value creation in this blog video. The major problem I have is:

Our economic system only rewards innovation within a category.  It doesn't reward innovations on the category, which are of course FAR MORE VALUABLE.

Our system only rewards solutions which are "a little new". Only mildly innovative. 

Take cars for example.  Sure, you can make millions with a new type of car or a flying car. Or with a little nicknack which makes moving a piano easier.  Or with "revolutionary" software or hardware for an airplane.

But let's be real:  A car, even the best Lamborghini or Tesla or Apple vehicle, is a primitive little metal cockroach with round rubber shoes.  Absolutely ridiculous Flintstones nonsense to anyone with half a noodle.  Now I love cars as much as the next guy, but let's put it in it's proper place: recreation and hobby, and not our primary means of transportation.

And Antigravity is not just some overly-specific example.  It's a cornerstone of a functional society. 

Real innovation makes existing industries obsolete.  This is, of course, a problem for the collective ego we call an economy, which feels a need to survive as such.

Real innovation cuts to the core, and fast.  What passes for innovation in our economy is shallow and frivolous, and slow.

Real innovations bring non-dual solutions, which obsolete the need for an economy at all 

I'm talking about nothing less than... real innovation reprograms the universe and reverses entropy, such that nobody is a leaky-bucket energy system with unmet needs.  An economy presupposes unmet needs. Real innovation takes us to a place where there is no such thing.

True innovation obsoletes the need for "careers".  The notion of a career is substrated by lack and undesirable circumstances.  By wanting to be over there in that other better situation, and needing to do something over a time period to get to there.  That's what a career is: a vehicle which transports you from "meh" to "yay".  However, when we pass a threshold of yay-ness, which we are currently in the process of doing now, the opportunity arises to raise the floor from meh to yay.  And by yay, i mean nothing less than: instant manifestation of anything.  Even a magic genie is unsatisfactory and too slow.  The very desiring of something must manifest the thing.  And if it doesnt, then the "CAREERS" which make the most money should be those which are geared towards bringing that new state of affairs into existence.  

Also, note that: The greatest minds are ON FIRE in many different fields.  Regardless of who came up with them, the best ideas deserve to be implemented.  That's not what our economy facilitates.  Buckling down on only one thing is inefficient for some minds and personality types.  Those wild Leonardo da Vinci types, should be given CEO status on the merit of their spirit alone, not on their results.  Then, the results will come 100x.

The highest paid musicians should be the ones who write the best riffs and songs.  Period.  Regardless of work ethic, or networking prowess, or career strategy.  No architect should be able to fashion a strong career unless they are visionaries.  Period.  Money is currently blind, but that is a tragedy.  Money should be blind to the lower spiral-dynamics levels, and heavily favor the higher spiral-dynamics levels.

Money = power over others, as Leo pointed out.  But, the only people who deserve to have power over others are those with dank-ass brains and nuanced perspectives and benevolent souls.  Ability to "monetize" those proclivities should be irrelevant. The midichlorian count alone (the level of consciousness) should bring in the paycheck.  Those most capable of contributing should be the most supported, without having to interrupt their creative and productive process to go and procure the support.  That interruption causes inefficiency and kinks the flow, and therefore fucks us all. Society works better this way, and we all win, cuz better shit gets made.

Everyone should get a paycheck NO matter what, and that paycheck should be proportionate to your level of wisdom and soul-growth.  The only way to get more money or freedom is to get wiser and better.  Not by producing results.  When you increase your wisdom and skill, and get rewarded for that, you'll be naturally compelled to create great works.  Reward on the front end, product on the back end.  

Escaping wage-slavery, vs. ENDing it.

Winning at musical chairs, vs. creating a better game entirely.  In the meantime, our musical chairs game must move towards favoring those who are creating that new game.  Not going to happen anytime soon, so act from where you are.  (We must be pragmatic... Those in power aren't going to simply hand over their power just because they "should". I probably wouldn't, and you probably wouldn't.). But it's something to strive towards.  Ask yourself... Are your life choices and lifestyle moving us towards this new game?  And, insofar as you attempt to win at the current game (by all means, go for it!)... is your style of playing conducive to a healthy transition to the new paradigm, or is it reinforcing the old?

Edited by Bryan Lettner

Help grow a blockchain network, decentralized systems. What does it mean? There's no outhority. What you get by helping? You get credits aka money.

What does it mean? This has the exactly 1-to-1 relation to your consciousness based model. By understanding the system and denying to be part of, you make a conscious decision. This shows that you have consciousness power. 

By gatekeeping blockchain network, you get reward. Aka consciousness based model. You can spend your coins on real world. When you mine i.e compute hashes/ you help the network aka you become a bank serving to customers. Customers are the orders put on the network. You process them and get reward in return. This is how this network works. 

@non_nothing No, blockchain networks have nothing to do with level of consciousness.  Leonardo Da Vinci should not have to waste his energy "gatekeeping a blockchain" in order to enable his work.  

@Bryan Lettner could be interesting if there was a limited amount of money someone could own or use on him/herself. it could work in the sense that there was something like an obligatory foundation. the money would not be allowed to be used in the same field of expertise from where it was derived from and only used on real innovation and bulletproof against corruption through transparency and democratic voting systems. the founder would have some saying into what direction it might go in the preselection process but not have the last saying. it would be a new status symbol if someone could say i made it, my money is already running a foundation.

at the moment private foundations  are mostly used for turquoise washing.

i find it difficult to create a new cast system based on the spiral, connected to income. as all cast systems can get abused and have been in the past. so i prefer same starting conditions for daily supply as a foundation and everything between the top and the ego as a free zone for experimentation. (who would judge someone’s stage on the spiral anyways? are we able to do it without getting corrupted?)

that‘s just speculative design - and only a starting point.

Edited by now is forever

@now is forever In regards to democratic voting... that's not very good, because the higher spiral dynamics levels generally dont bother voting.  So the vote reflects lower consciousness who are overconfident in their dumb opinions.  And if everyone did vote, the vote should not be equal... the lowest consciousness in the species should get a vote equal to 0.001 vote, and the highest consciousness people should get a value of 1 vote.

@Bryan Lettner and who would decide on the conciousness level? i would give that recommendation a 0.001 back to blue or even lower. but who would decide how many points i get? but it doesn’t matter because i could vote that anyways. you think turquoise doesn’t vote? then i guess you don’t know what turquoise is.

and if people would get a chance to really decide over something related to money and innovation - they would vote.

but i am somewhere else maybe it’s an illusion.

Edited by now is forever

@now is forever

19 minutes ago, now is forever said:

and who would decide on the conciousness level?

A valid question.  No one would decide, a metric would be developed and decide based on more or less objective indicators, similar to the sorting hat in harry potter.  A "smartmeter" for souls.  Something which can read your "field", at the electromagnetic level, plasmic level, and beyond.  Now who would develop the metric, and what criteria would be used?  Yes, that would be the messy part, full of errors and strategic blunders.  And Reality is irreducibly mysterious, so such a metric would always be subject to at least some non-trivial margin of error.  But the idea is, it's something to asymptote towards.  

There's a lot of diversity in voting behavior, even within one particular level such as Turquoise.   Many turquoise might see the futility of it, or "vote" with their lifestyle choices, or would vote but they are busy with other things, or be so indifferent to the outcome that they dont bother.  Or, a turquoise might choose to get involved.  Maybe i generalized too heavily there.

@Bryan Lettner ? leave chaos some room to organize itself. i wouldn’t want to create cast systems on intelligence or eq or other skills or something else - it would mean some people are more equal than others. for me every voice should have one count. who doesn’t vote has already voted, i wouldn’t say that’s high conciousness.

Edited by now is forever

There are no utopias. Never forget that.

No one is going to award people money based upon spiral dynamics level because it doesn't provide direct, measurable value to people. A person can be turquoise as the come and provide no value to others.

If you reward a person by the quality of the soil in their backyard, but don't reward the fruit that the plants grown in the soil bear, then you will get a lot of people enriching their soil but never taking the time and effort to plant trees that bear fruit... and the entire world will starve.

Your idea is based purely in fantasy and a meritocratic idea of which people are most valuable... and rewarding them for some perceived merit based upon an imperfect framework. The world runs the way that it does precisely for a reason... and that doesn't come up based upon an idea of how things should be. It's based on the troubleshooting that the people of past generation have already done. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

@Emerald Except, a person can't grow fruit in their backyard if they don't already have a backyard to work with, and seeds, and water, and tools.... FIRST.  You can't expect an empty handed person with no resources to bring forth results out of thin air.  A person can't bring forth their value unless they have a place to do it, and the tools to do it with.  (which are, of course, only purchasable... after you provide the value. a catch 22.) 

Human infants are only able to later create value because... we nourish their needs FIRST.

It's not fantasy, it's just a more refined physics.  The world runs the way it does because.... our laws of physics are poorly configured.  The idea is to move towards reconfiguring them, with a more meritocratic system only as a brief stepping stone.  To settle for the universe we have, and to perpetuate it as such, stems from a lack of resourcefulness and self-respect and respect for each other.  

I would agree that there is no utopia possible in our particular type of universe.  But why just sit here and eat shit? why not create a better universe, or go to a different one and decommission this one.  

Past generations did half-decent, but they didn't know much.  They didn't know how to vibrate an apple into existence rather than growing it, or how to reconfigure the human body such that it doesn't even need to eat to survive, or how to forego the need for a body altogether, or how to reprogram a universe.  

Edited by Bryan Lettner

@Bryan Lettner why we are here, mhh? i thought to lend each other a helping hand in the backyard?

and for other stuff like how to bake utopia cakes with yeast.

and maybe how to knit 22shawls out of strangeloops. some that hold us warm in winter.

and for the good company? well there is a questionmark.?

Edited by now is forever

@Bryan Lettner Check your wounded ego. Haven't read this much naivety on this forum in a long time.
The world is much more intelligent than you care to observe and there is a reason why it is structured the way it is.
That reason is not attributable to people. People are attributable to that reason. 
We are not actors, but places in which matters meet.

Designing your perfect little worlds is fun. Thankfully, the 'real' world is immune to Leonardo da Vincis like you.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@Bryan Lettner  I think it is  an interesting system to set up for lower stages of spiral dynamics, however money is just an external motivation, people will not seek conciousness for the sake of conciousness but for money. It is not an healthy motivation. Higher stages won't be interested in money anymore and will have internal motivations.

@now is forever I can officially say this post was a success, since 'yeast bubbles' have now entered the discussion. :D

@tsuki Yes, I can definitely admit to a wounded ego. And I am humbled on a daily basis by people who are far more Da Vinci or Tesla than I am.  And to the degree that they are, they should have more say than me and more power than me.  And my wounded ego doesn't mean the points i've made aren't valid.  it may look like naivety, but it's not... it's just an awareness of what happens when you combine high consciousness with high technology.  I think people are misconstruing it like i've said "do xyz, and we'll have utopia on earth".  I'm not talking about utopia, i'm only talking about making things better than they currently are, by configuring them in a better way than they're configured now.  

43 minutes ago, tsuki said:

there is a reason why it is structured the way it is.

You say that like it's a good thing.  Yes, there is a reason the world is structured as poorly as it is... and part of that reason is that lower consciousness stages are running amuck with power.

Edited by Bryan Lettner

49 minutes ago, Bryan Lettner said:

I'm not talking about utopia, i'm only talking about making things better than they currently are, by configuring them in a better way than they're configured now.  

@Bryan Lettner What you are saying is irrelevant.
Not because of its contents, but because of its medium.
The only talking that is worth listening to is called doing.

49 minutes ago, Bryan Lettner said:

You say that like it's a good thing.  Yes, there is a reason the world is structured as poorly as it is... and part of that reason is that lower consciousness stages are running amuck with power.

I am not saying that it is a good thing. It is you who are saying that it is a bad thing.
It is neither good, nor bad, and it does not contradict the fact that there is a reason for it and it is highly intelligent.
Blaming people for their level of consciousness is ridiculous. The world is not the way it is because of people.
People are a part of the world. They change it and it changes them. Attributing them with responsibility is misguided.

Understanding the world lets you influence it. The paradox is that the more you understand it, the less incentive you have to do so.
This is why I called you naive. Because of your grandiose will and strong convictions.

Let me finish with Lao Tzu's words here:

Hushing

Not praising the praiseworthy
keeps people uncompetitive.
Not prizing rare treasures
keeps people from stealing.
Not looking at the desirable
keeps the mind quiet.

So the wise soul governing people
would empty their minds,
fill their bellies,
weaken their wishes,
strengthen their bones,

keep people unknowing,
unwanting,
keep the ones who do know
from doing anything.

When you do not-doing,
nothing’s out of order.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

16 hours ago, Bryan Lettner said:

@non_nothing No, blockchain networks have nothing to do with level of consciousness.  Leonardo Da Vinci should not have to waste his energy "gatekeeping a blockchain" in order to enable his work.  

Then You've missing a lot elements in your consciousness work. Solve the following:

1- Why money is derived?
2- What is TRUST?

3-How we can trust each other in order to initiate trading

4-Can you find a absolutely imperishable trust system to utilize on your consciousness model?

EDIT: Asides this work for your system improvements, I also would like you to consider the following questions:

1- Why you are, your mind is busy with thinking about economy and money?
2- Why do you care ANY, about money IF what you care about is real innovation and wisdom?
3- What're your fears about money?
4- What's your fear?

Edited by non_nothing

@Bryan Lettner if we would leave the money issue out for a while, how could the midichlorian count look like?

it would not be just iq and eq would it? how would you measure on what side of the power someone stands? or would you delete that concept completely? for example how to measure the level of corruption in a person? or their shadow side, do you want complete soul transparency? 

one of the biggest problems is to measure the side one is in isn’t it - by all medichlorian count’s- those are the things that really count.

Edited by now is forever

@Bryan Lettner Stop talking shit about your vision for what humanity needs to do and stop comparing yourself to Da Vinci and Tesla. These people actually created and made the actual changes in the real world. As far as I'm concerned you're just espousing from a wounded ego for what humanity and reality ought to be. You're no Da Vinci, Tesla, etc. for fantasizing. Consider that the eradication of human beings is still progress as far as existence/God/reality is concerned. 

However, if you have some farfetched vision for humanity that can turn things around in a way that stops this species from eating itself alive (metaphorically speaking), then by all means do something and take action. 

Not trying to be a dick. Just grounding you.