Mondsee

Why are most serious yogis and gurus male?

59 posts in this topic

To answer this question is a little bit difficult, as it's convoluted.

First off, the divine feminine has been repressed from humanity for many millennia. Up until very recently in history it has been the story of man against nature (aka the masculine principle against the feminine principle). This has manifested in the past as a desire and need to manipulate and control nature on the macro and on the micro has manifested as men oppressing women. 

So, in the past, there has been little ability for women to pursue the things that might excite them in a worldly sense. Then, practically, prior to the advent of machines that have made it quicker and easier to do house chores, it was women that needed to do the domestic work while men went out and did the labor that required more strength and a lack of pregnancy. And at this time, women would be pregnant all the time as it was prior to the advent of birth control and sex education. And if women fully realized their sexual/libidinal energy that motivated them to be self-asserting, then it would be a danger to the fabric of pre-industrial society. So, in the past, it was very rare for a woman to pursue anything beyond motherhood and domestic work which was a 24/7 job that allowed for no wiggle room. They were also the punching bags of history since they are physically weaker and representative of nature which was capricious and then took many human lives.

Presently, these constraints of women's autonomy are no longer necessary and are a hinderance. But we still are conditioned to believe that the masculine principle is good and important while the feminine principle is bad and unimportant. And women still shoulder a lot of this weight and are pressured to both be masculine (and deny their femininity) and avoid being masculine (while also avoiding any expression of femininity that is dangerous to the status quo... which is most of it) at the same time. So, for all of history there has been a weight on women that has squelched so many of our natural strengths and caused fragmentation and disintegration... but this lessens as we spiral up in human evolution. 

Now for the tricky part... your question itself is steeped in masculine principle preference. Even valuing being known and seen as important as a guru is an aspect of the masculine principle. It is ego and hierarchical thinking. This adds more weight onto the repression of the divine feminine in society. So, even your question is loaded with this masculine slant. 

We have a hard time seeing value in that which is not masculine. This also creates a barrier to women becoming empowered and stepping into their most natural energy... which is the feminine. And the feminine is powerful in a way that the masculine can never be. And it is exactly what our world needs right now... even if it's unceremonious and subtle. If we continue valuing the masculine at the expense of the feminine, humanity will continue to grow cancerously upon the Earth and the Earth will die. So, women stepping into our feminine power is a huge component to making the jumps necessary to save the planet from the masculine imbalance that eventually grew to match the power of the feminine planet and began choking it out. 

And if you had ever felt that feminine energy and truly stepped into it, you'd never feel uneasy about the fact that women had never been ranked highly in some arbitrary hierarchy on a rock floating out in infinite space. That's all imagination land anyway. Status and importance aren't real. Fame is not real. History is not real. You are real. The Earth is real. And if you really became conscious of this, you would know that your validity could never come into question or be defined by how people see you or remember you. 

Edited by Emerald

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

58 minutes ago, wavydude said:

from Osho's Book of Secrets

mm.jpg

?‍♀️?‍♀️?‍♀️ reminds me of the bible ?

Edited by moon777light

On 27/10/2018 at 1:12 AM, Joseph Maynor said:

Men need to find a way to birth their ideas into the world.  I think that's why men outnumber women in the arts and sciences.  That said, women are just as talented as men, they just direct their energies into their own families.  Now, obviously there are exceptions to this.  But in general, I think men need to give something back to the wider-world much more so than women do.  It's a need in men. 

That's an interesting theory, thanks for sharing.

On 27/10/2018 at 9:57 AM, sarapr said:

I don't know why but seems like that all women have ever done since the beginning of time has been to give birth to men who will be in the top ten

It's just nature. Can't deny the facts

Well, if you don't question what you don't understand, you probably won't make much progress.

On 27/10/2018 at 0:18 PM, Shiva said:

Uh! That's insightful on so many levels... Thanks for sharing!

On 27/10/2018 at 10:08 PM, Emerald said:

women stepping into our feminine power is a huge component to making the jumps necessary to save the planet from the masculine imbalance that eventually grew to match the power of the feminine planet and began choking it out. 

I think there are a lot of truths in your explanation. Have you watched the video @Shiva posted tough? I think there's also truth in that. We are very identified with our genders, but we only need to be a man or a women for certain things. The rest of the time we can simply be human beings. What do you think about that?

"Es gibt die Wahrheit, mein Lieber! Aber die ,Lehre', die du begehrst [...], die gibt es nicht. Du sollst dich auch gar nicht nach einer vollkommenen Lehre sehnen, Freund, sondern nach Vervollkommnung deiner selbst."

- Herman Hesse, Das Glasperlenspiel

On 10/28/2018 at 2:38 AM, wavydude said:

from Osho's Book of Secrets

mm.jpg

Perhaps this one should remain a secret. . . 9_9

On 10/26/2018 at 8:23 PM, Outer said:

If you find a scientific explanation let me know.

@Outer If there is a scientific answer for it then you will probably find it in the big five personality trait differences between men and women.

Edited by AstralProjection

1 hour ago, Mondsee said:

I think there are a lot of truths in your explanation. Have you watched the video @Shiva posted tough? I think there's also truth in that. We are very identified with our genders, but we only need to be a man or a women for certain things. The rest of the time we can simply be human beings. What do you think about that?

From the most down to Earth and mundane perspective that is absolutely true. In our daily comings and goings ALL people are never less than 99% similar, whether they be male or female or whatever other qualifier (race, disposition, socio-economic status, etc.). In fact, that 99% is more like 99.99999%, as we are very similar. I bet other creatures can't even tell a female and male human being apart most of the time... if they had the faculties to think in those terms.

So our divergences in sex really do only come up here and there. People like to exaggerate this difference because we want to make everything sexual and sexy... and we try to polarize as much as possible. Men tend to like doing this more than women though in the current state of affairs. Women see themselves as mostly similar to men, while men see themselves as mostly different from women. But in quite a lot of people, we try to imagine the genders as being more polar than they actually are. This is why we see extremes of the feminine and masculine on television and in cartoons there is a clear exaggeration of feminine and masculine traits. 

So, human beings are incredibly androgynous by their very nature. So, because of this, there is also a mix of masculine and feminine in people on the perspective of subtle energies and it can be notices that men tend to gravitate a bit more toward the masculine pole and women more toward the feminine pole. But these energies don't come from gender... but gender comes from them. 

There are also a lot of differences from the perspective of sexuality as this function (heteronormatively speaking) is the reason why sex exists in the first place. The function of having males and females in a species is to be able to make babies... nothing more than that. So, that's why these differences are more pronounced.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

On 10/28/2018 at 8:37 AM, moon777light said:

?‍♀️?‍♀️?‍♀️ reminds me of the bible ?

Where in the Bible they talk about tantra, auras and menstrual cycles? Gotta see that one xD

Edited by wavydude

@wavydude reminds of the bible because it says woman cant have the same spirituality as men. Every month all progress is lost? then how do you explain the amazing female spiritual gurus/teachers

@moon777light  It means that woman is not fit for hard discipline practices that appeal to man, hence the tantra system (which this whole book is about) which is more about going with the flow and better for woman. At least that's how I understand that. What amazing female gurus u have in mind ?

On 10/31/2018 at 7:28 AM, moon777light said:

@wavydude reminds of the bible because it says woman cant have the same spirituality as men. Every month all progress is lost? then how do you explain the amazing female spiritual gurus/teachers

It's funny that the most successful male Enlightenment teachers are kind of the ones that ape femininity the most.  Women have an intuition that is simply amazing.  I've seen women cut to the heart of the issue on things that most men are utterly lost on.  One of the strengths I have is that even though I'm very masculine, I have the keen intuition of a woman too.  Women can't bullshit me and when they try, I can visibly tell they are taken aback that I can see right through their shit.  But women have the same thing where I can tell they can see through all my shit too.  But that's what women have that a lot of men are clueless about -- keen intuition.  And I think women like men that have shitty intuition because honestly two people in a relationship that both have keen intuition can cause a lot of squabbles.  I notice that women like boneheaded men probably because of the advantage of not being seen through by the man.  I'm the last person a woman wants to be with because I will spot all her shit and call her on it too.  I'll never forget the time when I was ranting about something and the woman I was taking to looked at me and calmly asked -- "Who hurt you?"  I'll never forget that.  She saw right away what the issue was.  It was like she peered into my soul and easily plucked out the underlying issue.  And of course as men, we don't like that kind of question because we want to be focused externally.  But I noticed right away that she was right and I complimented her for it.  And we then changed the conversation to talk about that.  One thing I also notice about having keen intuition is I can read people almost immediately in the sense of their character, level of intelligence, and level of evolution.  I can almost feel the energy that someone gives off to discern this, nevermind looking at them and hearing them speak.  And again I think this is why a lot of people don't like to be around me because I can see through people and people generally don't want to be seen through.  Just like my female friend who interjected "Who hurt you?", when someone talks to me, I often respond with a similar question that just cuts through all their shit.  Intuition is a kind of intelligence.  And it's rare for masculine men to have high intuition I've found.  Similarly, I also have an equal balance between left brain and right brain which has always made me unique among men too.  On the one hand, I am very logical and mechanical, but then in equal measure very creative and artistic too.  And this stuff is not necessarily good because it makes me odd and different from most other people.  In conversations men don't jive with me and neither do women because I'm too different than what they are accustomed to expect. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Shin @Joseph Maynor @Emerald @moon777light @Mondsee

The reason men outnumber women in almost anything:

Cultural side: Women are taught to be the "stay at home" and "concentrate on the exterior beauty" in stage Blue families, they are taught "prove 'em wrong" mentality in success oriented families, hence so many feminists and "male privilege activists" in USA (a lot of stage Orange). In stage Green families they regress back to exterior/superficial beauty, which can't hide the inner dirt in the long term. 

Biological side: Women are much more emotional then men, that's not a weakness, but a misused tool in the hands of an unskillful human (women aren't taught self-actualization in most families in order to properly use this tool). Periods and having to care for children does most of the damage on being "in the top". 

In a such dirty society, humans who are willing to swim/play in shit (men) will do better. In the future (cleaner society) this will change.

PS To stage Yellow folks, stay AWAY from threads like this, talking to stage Green/Orange on such topics is futile.

Too much mental masturbation about spiral dynamics on this forum.

Use it as a roadmap and stop everything else.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

On 10/27/2018 at 2:21 AM, Fool of all trades said:

There's no "me" so how can it have any views?

That in itself is a view

Because we live in a feminist society with male ideals. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.