Mondsee

Why are most serious yogis and gurus male?

59 posts in this topic

For the same exact reason that men are always the ones who are in the top ten in any given area of life

I don't know why but seems like that all women have ever done since the beginning of time has been to give birth to men who will be in the top ten

It's just nature. Can't deny the facts

I read a news a while back saying there was a court argument about weather women should be allowed in ashrams in India or not. So that tells you a lot. Women have even been denied the practice of spirituality so how can there even be a serious female mystic out there if no one's gonna listen to them. That's been the case for most of history that even if women did have anything better to offer no one would listen so why bother 

Edited by sarapr

15 minutes ago, sarapr said:

For the same exact reason that men are always the ones who are in the top ten in any given area of life

I don't know why but seems like that all women have ever done since the beginning of time has been to give birth to men who will be in the top ten

I read a news a while back saying there was a court argument about weather women should be allowed in ashrams in India or not. So that tells you a lot. Women have even been denied the practice of spirituality so how can there even be a serious female mystic out there if no one's gonna listen to them. That's been the case for most of history that even if women did have anything better to offer no one would listen so why bother 

When you reach stage green, you are in for a treat ?

23 minutes ago, sarapr said:

Would be interesting to see the numbers of female ceos in Sweden.

Concerning female spiritual teachers, you didn't made proper research.

Not only they exist, but some of them are even quite popular ?

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

16 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Maybe she will totally step out of this color scheme progression instead. Then she may be unbound by any particular classification and enslavment of mind with its measure :)

Edited by Jack River

21 minutes ago, Jack River said:

Maybe she will totally step out of this color scheme progression instead. Then she may be unbound by any particular classification and enslavment of mind with its measure :)

That’s not my understanding of what SD is about.

IMO, SD is one of many spiritual languages. To me, your message suggests being bounded and enslaved. It suggests a person should avoid a particular language. The spiritual language of Buddhism stresses that avoidance and attachment are on the same level - two sides of the same coin. Both lead to delusion and suffering.

SD is a beautiful part within a larger whole. 

6 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

That’s not my understanding of what SD is about.

IMO, SD is one of many spiritual languages. To me, your message suggests being bounded and enslaved. It suggests a person should avoid a particular language. 

SD is a beautiful part within a larger whole.

It just seems to promote “self” improvement/psychological growth. Seems like it might keep people bound in psychological time. As if freedom is a gradual process/progresssion. That’s all dude. It may not be what it’s about, but people will definitely fall in that pattern of thought conforming to its structure. Then falsely labeling others according to this concept. After all we can never know another, hell, we can’t even know ourselves xD. self is quite dynamic.  

Not an attack on your scheme, just it’s good if a few people are able to totally step out of the stream of the conditioned consciousness/progressive path. 

Edited by Jack River

15 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

The spiritual language of Buddhism stresses that avoidance and attachment are on the same level - two sides of the same coin. Both lead to delusion and suffering.

Fosho. Buddhism or not that is part of self and it’s tendency to adhere to thought(its contents or the familiar). Both Choice/reaction. Doesn’t take learning Buddhism language to see that though. 

Thsk choice/reaction/measure/progressive/gradual process, why not just step out of that stream dude?:)

Edited by Jack River

1 minute ago, Jack River said:

It just seems to promote “self” improvement/psychological growth. Seems like it might keep people bound in psychological time. As if freedom is a gradual process/progresssion. That’s all dude. It may not be what it’s about, but people will definitely fall in that pattern of thought conforming to its structure. Then falsely labeling others according to this concept. After all we can never know another, hell, we can’t even know ourselves xD. self is quite dynamic.  

There are many different perspectives on SD.

One paradox is that freedom is always now and a also a gradual process/progression.

1 minute ago, Jack River said:

Fosho. Buddhism or not that is part of self and it’s tendency to adhere to thought(its contents or the familiar). Both Choice/reaction. Doesn’t take learning Buddhism language to see that though. 

Exactly, that illustrates the point - that these are integrated spiritual languages.

IME, I had to first see the distinctions, then see the inter-relatedness, then integrate, then finally transcend to one holistic language. Fun stuff

2 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

2 hours ago, Shin said:

Would be interesting to see the numbers of female ceos in Sweden.

Concerning female spiritual teachers, you didn't made proper research.

Not only they exist, but some of them are even quite popular ?

The general trends though say sth different. Look at the worldwide statistics and compare the numbers, sure there are and always have been those few individuals and I know a lot of them but the general trends are different. 

And the fact that some powerful women are out there just shows the point that it's not women who can't or are not willing to do those things but that they've been held back throughout history and only now for a couple hundred years are women becoming more freed up and even that is not a full transformation because it's happened only in western countries and yet most of the earth's population lives in the east and the tragedy is still in play. 

I'm not talking about myself just the overall view of how things are in the world. 

Edited by sarapr

Yep. Conditioning runs deep for self/society to cling to its tradition/cultural values. 

Continual resistance to change. Therefore disorder dudes. 

Edited by Jack River

15 minutes ago, sarapr said:

The general trends though say sth different. Look at the worldwide statistics and compare the numbers, sure there are and always have been those few individuals and I know a lot of them but the general trends are different. 

And the fact that some powerful women are out there just shows the point that it's not women who can't or are not willing to do those things but that they've been held back throughout history and only now for a couple hundred years are women becoming more freed up and even that is not a full transformation because it's happened only in western countries and yet most of the earth's population lives in the east and the tragedy is still in play. 

I'm not talking about myself just the overall view of how things are in the world. 

The Yang/Ying duality (Masculinity/femininity) clearly explains why is this the case though.

cfda536cd989dcaa1936416443cad3f8.jpg

We are talking about Masculinity and femininity, not about being a man or a women.

We could argue there is a huge cultural influence, and it certainly is the case (for women that are balanced/masculine especially), but fundamentally some people are more masculine than feminine, hence why they have the leading position in the world.

As of now men seems to be more masculine as a whole, so this is the reason, not that women are repressed.
They wouldn't take the leading position in most cases anyway, there would have no drive to do it for them.

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

LolxD

cooperation easily can be self centered movement. 

giving also can be motivated my self seeking gratification/validation therefore not actually giving but still accumulating. 

The motive is determined by conditioning. self is very tricky and will disguise its activity as other than what it is. 

Edited by Jack River

To Transend the field of opposites dudes...that is stepping out of the stream of conditioned mind. Culture/tradition/thought implicitly sustains this conditioning. The self gets conditioned by culture and that self continues to feed that conditioning by clinging/accepting/conforming to its conditioning. A loop of self sustained conditioning that means any real substantial change becomes impossible. A shame fosho. 

27 minutes ago, Jack River said:

To Transend the field of opposites dudes...that is stepping out of the stream of conditioned mind. Culture/tradition/thought implicitly sustains this conditioning. The self gets conditioned by culture and that self continues to feed that conditioning by clinging/accepting/conforming to its conditioning. A loop of self sustained conditioning that means any real substantial change becomes impossible. A shame fosho. 

So ?

Most people won't transcend in the upcoming years, hence why it will stay that way for a while.
Even if you do transcend, it does not mean you magically become 50/50 on this Spectrum anyway.

God is love

And God in them

12 minutes ago, Shin said:

So ?

Most people won't transcend in the upcoming years, hence why it will stay that way for a while.
Even if you do transcend, it does not mean you magically become 50/50 on this Spectrum anyway.

xD

Step out of the sprectrum dude. 

In that total/compete action consciousness will tend to follow in that direction. The direction of no direction lol. 

Be the catalyst brah. 

Edited by Jack River

@Jack River 

For sure dude, SD has nothing to do with enlightenment and only promotes development rather than un-development of ego. However, it is useful knowledge as a practical model to understand people, cultures, societies (ego/human condition).  For those still interested in developing the psyche, SD may be used to see where they fit in different areas of life but can be confused with the actual and used to feed/sustain the conditioning

Edited by DrewNows