Mondsee

Why are most serious yogis and gurus male?

59 posts in this topic

Men seem to outnumber women when it comes to serious mystics and spiritual leaders - why is that?

Edited by Mondsee
Reformulated question

"Es gibt die Wahrheit, mein Lieber! Aber die ,Lehre', die du begehrst [...], die gibt es nicht. Du sollst dich auch gar nicht nach einer vollkommenen Lehre sehnen, Freund, sondern nach Vervollkommnung deiner selbst."

- Herman Hesse, Das Glasperlenspiel

@Mondsee There are tons of awakened women. Many teach small retreats and have youtube stations. For example, check out the science and nonduality list - lots of women. There was also an actualized thread on awakened women. It was enormous - I think well over 100 women.

Because of the same reason why most of the serious leaders in history were men. Because men are the leading animal.

It doesn't mean however that  women are less awakend as a whole by any means.

14 minutes ago, Fool of all trades said:

Because men are the leading animal.

Homunculus lives on ?

Because women nowadays are being constantly conditioned to be materialistic by their parents, society, culture, media. Men are conditioned to be shallow and in order to be able to have sex or start family and children, they have to acquire material and wealth in order to be able to mate and hence most fail at this journey and start to detach and denounce materialism and found the love they ever wanted but within and its for free and much more rewarding and and hence become gurus and mystics or Sufi devotees or sheikhs..etc. There are types of females who become mystics are those who go through the same pain as their male counterparts and take the heroes journey. SO please understand Its not male vs female and why there are not more of this rather than that, understand what's the life story of those individuals and what made them to become serious gurus and mystics and how can we take their life stories and teach others to become serious lovers(mystics or gurus or sufi sheikhs) in path of enlightened lovers like Rumi, Shams tabrizi and Sadhguru, peter ralston, osho, Jesus, Buddha, Krishna, Muhammad..etc. The men who were rarely understood.

"Whatsoever is on it (the earth) will perish. And The Face of your Lord Full of Majesty and Honour will remain forever❤️" Quran: Surat Ar-Rahman (The Merciful)

"We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient"?Quran: Suratal Al-baqarah (The Cow)

1 hour ago, Serotoninluv said:

Homunculus lives on ?

Just because masculinity is an ego concept it doesn't mean it doesnt affect the reality. So what the social roles are fake? They are still there, whether you feel enlightened or not.

Edited by Fool of all trades

Your view of “leader” is what made me chuckle. 

9 minutes ago, Fool of all trades said:

Just because masculinity is an ego concept it doesn't mean it doesnt affect the reality. So what the social roles are fake? They are still there, whether you feel enlightened or not.

This is just my personal opinion. In general, I think men have more Ego than women.

Having more potent Ego means it creates more trouble in your life. By suffering more from Egoic problems, we tend to surrender and drop the ego much faster. If Ego is subtle in your life, you might be less likely to do something about it.

Edited by Arthur

"Beyond fear, destiny awaits" - Dune

10 hours ago, Fool of all trades said:

Because of the same reason why most of the serious leaders in history were men. Because men are the leading animal.

It doesn't mean however that  women are less awakend as a whole by any means.

I think Leo said something about this in one of his videos where he said that because men can't have children we need to give birth through our work.  I recall Billy Joel saying that his songs are like his kids, and that each song was birthed into the world much like his kids were. 

Men need to find a way to birth their ideas into the world.  I think that's why men outnumber women in the arts and sciences.  That said, women are just as talented as men, they just direct their energies into their own families.  Now, obviously there are exceptions to this.  But in general, I think men need to give something back to the wider-world much more so than women do.  It's a need in men. 

Men need the wider-world to acknowledge to us that we were here and did something great while we were here.  Every man that you've known thinks he's special and wants to contribute something back to the wider-world.  This is in-built in men.  I think this might come from the fact that men are more focused "out there", whether that's making money, or excelling in some art, or contributing to the sciences. 

Men seek to do their work and make their mark outside the home, whereas women seek to do their work and make their mark inside the home.  So, women are just as talented as men, but they see less need to push their talents on the wider-world than men do.  Now, obviously there are exceptions to this. 

Even boys identify with super-heroes that do extraordinary things in the wider-world, the outer world -- think of Spiderman.  That speaks volumes.  Every man thinks of himself on some level as a super-hero -- now, he may not be appreciated yet by the wider-world, but that's a different issue.  Girls fantasize about totally different things when they're children. 

Little boys want to be Power Gods basically, which is the spirituality of Stage Red.  Red wants to be the strongest person in the world that controls the world and has everything he wants.  Think of He-Man.  Think of Donald Trump!  Donald Trump took Stage Red spirituality to its pinnacle -- even becoming president of the United States.  Don't mistake thinking Stage Red is immoral, that's a trap.  Nobody thinks of themselves as immoral.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/He-Man

Edited by Joseph Maynor

15 minutes ago, Evilwave Heddy said:

Yall are a bunch of triggered nerds.

Perhaps.  But if you could tell me in what sense that's the case, that would give me reason to take you seriously.  Any bum of the street could say y'all are a bunch of dummies.  A little kid could say that.  So why don't you try to correct us if we err?  Put something on the table.  Help us mend our ways if we err.  If you are legit, you should be able to do this.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

11 minutes ago, Outer said:

It's of little interest anyway.

Why is that?  I would have guessed that you would've had something more substantive to say about this topic.  It's too easy to get a cheap ego boost off of being dismissive.  Anybody can be dismissive.  Any child can be dismissive.  But can you tell us why you're being dismissive?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I think it has to do with properties of female energy 

Most men are leaders and construction workers while most women are caregivers and nurturers  

The planet itself is feminine, gaia is a she, she supports us, makes us physical 

Women on average have a higher vibration then men , women become mothers, they support life so they are more stable  , like the egg there is no competition, the egg of a woman simply comes into being, it is stable 

While men on average have less vibration, but they go in all directions, and when they do stand out they really stand out (leaders), but when they suck they mostly really suck  (crime)

You have to keep in mind that in the beginning of life for male energy is literally a competition survival race! millions of spermcels racing one another to reach the egg in the vagina  

I mean this is pretty mindblowing and intense, spermcels that die, some that dont make it, like an obstacle course, racing your brothers because one only one gets to merge with the egg, its just insane  

One out of millions of spermcels makes it, one out of millions, thats the leader,thats the nature of male energy, surpassing the status quo, reaching for new heights where no one has gone before, pushing the limits, evolution   

But both male and female sacred powers are a part of all of us

Edited by Arkandeus

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

Just now, Serotoninluv said:

Your view of “leader” is what made me chuckle. 

There's no "me" so how can it have any views?

Because we are the superior gender

/discuss

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

33 minutes ago, Shin said:

Because we are the superior gender

/discuss

My fifth wife doesn't agree with you.

"Beyond fear, destiny awaits" - Dune

5 minutes ago, Arthur said:

My fifth wife doesn't agree with you.