Michael569

stuck in low conciousness job while working on transition to LP

12 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I'd like to ask for an advice here. 

I am currently working for one of Furtune 500 companies, in a nutshell: low consciousness environment surrounded by people whose highest values are money, sex, attractiveness, achievement and power. 

While I know what my true purpose is and have been taking steps towards being able to transition, I'll need at least 2-3 more years before having enough knowlege and experience (and certification) to be able to get out there. In the mean time I feel like my souls is being drained here, having to compile shitty reports, being on pointless calls and wasting time. 

Yes, I know I need to be more loving, compassionate and less judgemental towards myself and other and I keep working on that.  I do keep practicing meditation and doing my best to accept my current position and yes I know that nothing matters because none of this is real and I am not real. 

For those of you who might be stuck n similar position, how do you deal with it? How do you go around your days without getting disgusted all the time?

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569

Stuck in low conciousness job

There is no such thing as a low consciousness job.

How do you go around your days without getting disgusted all the time?

Simple. You need to start looking inwards. You get disgusted because truth is hitting on your wall of illusion. It's never about what someone else is doing, it's about you. You hold values etc and you see that other people or circumstances are not living up to them, so your ego gets disgusted. The funny thing in all of this, is that the values you hold right now, aren't even yours either. You didn't choose them, reality chose them for you. So you are basically protecting an illusion from evaporating.

Surrounded by people whose highest values are money, sex, attractiveness, achievement and power. 

Guess what, you also value these. We all are monkeys with a suit on. Thinking you don't value these is just bullshitting yourself. Everything you do in your life is simply sexual selection at work, wheter you like it or not.

Edited by Psyche_92

4 hours ago, Psyche_92 said:

Stuck in low conciousness job

I’d say there is such things as low consciousness jobs in this matrix in which we have no choice but to thrive in. I mean there’s a difference between working for the Mexican drug cartel as a hitman and being the founder of actualized.org. The fact of the matter is you manifested this reality into your life so what are you going to do about it now?

Simple. You need to start looking inwards. You get disgusted because truth is hitting on your wall of illusion. It's never about what someone else is doing, it's about you. You hold values etc and you see that other people or circumstances are not living up to them, so your ego gets disgusted. The funny thing in all of this, is that the values you hold right now, aren't even yours either. You didn't choose them, reality chose them for you. So you are basically protecting an illusion from evaporating.

Wow this is a powerful reframe, but I’d also like to add that you can also use the “disgust” you see in and around the workplace as rocket fuel for growth. Become the leader the place that you work at desires. Become the inspiration people need to see, by leading from the front. Become an alchemist and turn the shit in and around you into gold. You don’t need your life purpose to start changing people’s lives. You are a Leader after all, give the Universe your gifts. 

Surrounded by people whose highest values are money, sex, attractiveness, achievement and power. 

Guess what, you also value these. We all are monkeys with a suit on. Thinking you don't value these is just bullshitting yourself. Everything you do in your life is simply sexual selection at work, wheter you like it or not.

Love this, thank you. 

9 hours ago, Michael569 said:

For those of you who might be stuck n similar position, how do you deal with it? How do you go around your days without getting disgusted all the time?

@Michael569 You are too attached to your LP and it makes you miserable.

Most people that are into self-development know to not compare themselves to others.
What is important to keep in mind is to not compare others to yourself as well.

How developed I am is nobody's business. Not even mine.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

12 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Yes, I know I need to be more loving, compassionate and less judgemental towards myself and other and I keep working on that.  I do keep practicing meditation and doing my best to accept my current position and yes I know that nothing matters because none of this is real and I am not real. 

That is the real answer.

You're looking for some sort of technique that is going to change this. It won't. Focus on doing the real work instead.

Otherwise, just do your work the best you can, stay away from the negative influences and then go home and do what really matters.

@Psyche_92

Hey Psche, I'm very interested in this if you care to explain further. Say that I don't appreciate the values of a girl I'm seeing. She is too materialistic for example. My ego get's disgusted by this. How could I remedy this ? 

On 26/10/2018 at 0:19 PM, Psyche_92 said:

@Psyche_92 There are definitely low-consciousness jobs out there. Some more than other. .....but then I guess

from the absolute perspective nothing is higher or lower consciousness everything just IS....I am just not on that level to be able to see that yet. 

Yeah man, this makes a lot of sense, I think I needed to hear something like that. 

Everything you do in your life is simply sexual selection at work, wheter you like it or not.

Haha,  yeah you are right I guess :D thanks for all your comments man, this is very helpful !!

On 26/10/2018 at 4:57 PM, Equanimitize said:

Become the leader the place that you work at desires. Become the inspiration people need to see, by leading from the front. Become an alchemist and turn the shit in and around you into gold. You don’t need your life purpose to start changing people’s lives. You are a Leader after all, give the Universe your gifts. 

@EquanimitizeI agree with this but you can't just go around trying to be leader if you have nothing to share with the world. Anyone can talk shit but not everyone will be listened to.....In my opinion there needs to be some time spent acquiring that which is to be shared and only can one go around doing what you wrote...and person's circumstances and environment play a huge part into it..but than as @Psyche_92 said above, I am just full of shit and all this is just a projection of the mind and circumstances so everything is eventually pointless. 

On 26/10/2018 at 9:25 PM, tsuki said:

You are too attached to your LP and it makes you miserable.

@tsukiknow man...I spoke to a life coach about this (among other things) some time ago and they pointed out the exact thing. "be fucking patient and stop being so attached to an outcome" 

On 26/10/2018 at 9:25 PM, tsuki said:

Most people that are into self-development know to not compare themselves to others.
What is important to keep in mind is to not compare others to yourself as well.

judging and comparing myself to others are probably 2 most vicious demons I have created for myself in my life that make up for most of the pointless suffering. 

@aurum

On 27/10/2018 at 0:18 AM, aurum said:

You're looking for some sort of technique that is going to change this. It won't. Focus on doing the real work instead.

Otherwise, just do your work the best you can, stay away from the negative influences and then go home and do what really matters

thanks man, this is very helpful

On 27/10/2018 at 1:34 AM, Wasem said:

In my case, first, I came to accept that there is going to be a part of my life that is going to be wasted,  but then in fact, I found out it is not wasted at all if I come accept my current situation as is. The longer you stay in an unwanted environment, the more you are going to learn and grow

@Wasem that's how I currently see it, however, I still struggle with acceptance of this situation which is why ( as Aurum said) I am looking for a quick fix or some technique but there is none ....so I'm getting my ass back to the salt mine !! :D 

On 27/10/2018 at 7:25 PM, Bryan Lettner said:

@Michael569 Curious, what is your true purpose? if you dont mind

@Bryan Lettner the exact rigid statement is: “Studying health and nutrition to help people live longer, better and to thrive in life." it is constantly forming but the idea is to remain in the natural healing / lifestyle medicine way

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Thanks a lot for all your advices folks ! Great suggestions and comments and this is exactly the grouding I needed to get. 

Hi @Michael569, thanks for the post. I can empathise as I'm in a similar situation myself, along with probably many others. 

My advice is that, if you are trying to actualise on your purpose but are stuck in a dead-end job to pay the bills until you make that all important job transition, then make the most of the pockets of time you have now. Presumably you're not working all the time, so you'll be able to fit in an hour here and there and focus completely on purposeful work. These might be small steps, but they're better than nothing. 

Also, have a vision to get you through the bullshit situation and toxic people. You could have a mission statement, which includes your life purpose statement and a brief description of it which you review daily. Just re-reading this and developing it will keep you inspired and keep your head above the sea bullshit for the time being. 

I am not saying go around and try anything or force anything, that implies that you are faking the funk. I am telling you to BE the leader, which means to embody that what you want to see in the workplace. Of course this doesn't happen overnight, this takes time-but each day at your toxic work environment there will be a situation where you can test yourself and rise above-not in an egotistical way but rather out of love and compassion because the people around you unfortunately haven't realized how they are digging their own grave and how they are perpetuating their very problem in which they then project out into the world or in your case upon the work environment.

So what usually happens is the Cancer spreads and everyone becomes sick, but you as the Leader recognize what is actually happening, and since you can see the whole organism and how it operates you are able to rise above and be the positive light that everyone around you needs. You become a leader by continually turning the wrench on yourself, all that pain, frustration, and other stuff that arises start turning it on yourself and use that energy to change your life.

Heres a perfect example: Lets just say you are around a bunch of your co-workers and they start gossiping about the "ugly receptionist" and how she is this and that-instead of partaking in the round robbin of gossip you simply don't partake in that, you just stay there grounded as fuck and don't partake in that. So one of your missions can be, I will not partake in any gossip of another human being unless it is something positive. So, if you can go to work and you don't gossip about anyone you will automatically be looked at differently, and of course they will test you, they will tease you, and that is fine-you are able to see it for what it really is. 

Hope this helps my friend, if I can help with anything else or shed some light let me know. :D

1 hour ago, GeorgeLawson said:

then make the most of the pockets of time you have now. Presumably you're not working all the time, so you'll be able to fit in an hour here and there and focus completely on purposeful work. These might be small steps, but they're better than nothing. 

This is huge as well, every ounce of "downtime" should be learning, reading, and doing. Whenever you have the opportunity make sure you are grinding away until you get on the freedom bird.