Pilgrim

Practical tips to tap into masculine energy?

19 posts in this topic

Can you give me some practical tips to tap into my masculine energy? I do not resonate with any of the masculine energy values at all, it seems that I have mostly feminine energy.. but I realised that this is most likely also the source of my problem. I am too airy-fairy and not able to produce tangible results. Also, I am very caught up in my emotions and feel very deeply thus deciding very often based on my emotions and not based on logic. I guess it wouldn't hurt to bring a bit of logical thinking, goal orientation and objectivity into my life. Although I feel like puking while writing this. See, I almost despise those values .. it seems like my right side of the brain is heavily protesting right now. Also everything related to Stage Orange provokes disgust in me, but I identify a lot with Stage Green. Yet I don't know if I really am green, because I do not think that I have embodied any values of orange nor ever really identified with any of them at any given time. This means I would have somehow skipped this stage. Yet I realise, as much as I am feeling resistance towards this, that I need to integrate a few stage orange values and a bit of masculine energy. In essence, I think it's important for me to develop: 

1) assertiveness 

2) objective thinking

3) and I guess there is no other way.. a bit of goal-orientation.. I am a very creative person and love flow-states.. so it seems to me that I am losing all the fun of free flowing and play if I try to press my goal into a structured plan. Especially being oriented on the result causes me to not enjoy the process. I hate structure with a passion, but I realise a bit of it is necessary if I want my work to have an impact. 

Lastly, I am INFP on the Myers Briggs.. I guess the NF is also very much linked to feminine energy.. so it makes sense that I just do not have much of masculine energy.

Any ideas, suggestions? :)     

Being centered and from there it will all fall in place

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

• Assertiveness, but without being cocky about it
  • Physical strength and calm that comes from working out hard everyday at cardio and strength training
  • Being task-oriented and being able to execute and get things done
  • Being on point with your time instead of at sea; you're always going somewhere with your time
  • Having an organized and put together life that allows you to perform excellently on your small picture and big picture life purpose goals
  • Being focused on making money and saving money (a man is a provider to himself and to others)
  • Being no bullshit with people (or you might say "on the level" with people); a man says what he means and means what he says
Edited by Joseph Maynor

To really tap into divine masculine you have to Awaken. Otherwise is just a Beta behavior as a consequence. 

And Beta is the core of divine feminine. 

Edited by Hellspeed

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@Pilgrim a lot of women act way too masculine these days. So I would not change a thing. 

If you want read: "A Brief History Of Everything" by Ken Wilber. 

I just started, I am on chapter 2 now. Male vs Female and the Masculine- Feminine spectrum are main themes in the book.

7 minutes ago, Hellspeed said:

To really tap into divine masculine you have to Awaken. Otherwise is just a Beta behavior as a consequence. 

And Beta is the core of divine feminine. 

alpha or beta males is Red/Blue/Orange level thinking. There is a much deeper understanding available at Green and above.

Here is the real differences between male and female by one of the top intellectuals of our time, Steven Pinker.

The Truth Cannot be Sexist - Steven Pinker on the biology of sex differences

1 hour ago, Serotoninluv said:

alpha or beta males is Red/Blue/Orange level thinking. There is a much deeper understanding available at Green and above.

I don't talk about spiral dynamics point of view. I talk strictly about the subconscious side of the matter. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

27 minutes ago, Hellspeed said:

I don't talk about spiral dynamics point of view. I talk strictly about the subconscious side of the matter. 

Ok. There is a deeper understanding than alpha/beta available at a deeper level of consciousness.

From an evolution/neuroscience perspective, it would be primarily a limbic system view, with perhaps a single layer of frontal cotex reasoning.

1 hour ago, AstralProjection said:

Here is the real differences between male and female by one of the top intellectuals of our time, Steven Pinker.

The Truth Cannot be Sexist - Steven Pinker on the biology of sex differences

This is a 2005 talk, somewhat outdated.

He presents a rational, physical view - yet lacks higher-order relativism and metaphysics regarding existence.

A standard rationalist with little trans-rational understanding 

@Pilgrim

Looks like you've got some shadow work to do surrounding your masculinity. I'd do some research on that and see what happens.

I'd also get more clarity on your life purpose. You said:

6 hours ago, Pilgrim said:

so it seems to me that I am losing all the fun of free flowing and play if I try to press my goal into a structured plan

but that's simply not true. In fact, structure can actually enhance your ability to free flow when done properly. You might want to check out a book called Getting Things Done by David Allen. Good friend of mine, and a genius at not only creating structure but also enjoying himself.

Getting more clarity on your life purpose will also increase the meaning that you get out of your work. You say you just like to free flow, but how much of the "free flowing" is actually just societal programming you're running on autopilot?

With life purpose, you stop sleepwalking through life and consciously decide what matters to you. And it's one of the areas of my life where I feel the most masculine. You're on a mission, and you're going to accomplish that no matter what.

8 hours ago, Pilgrim said:

Can you give me some practical tips to tap into my masculine energy? I do not resonate with any of the masculine energy values at all, it seems that I have mostly feminine energy.. but I realised that this is most likely also the source of my problem. I am too airy-fairy and not able to produce tangible results. Also, I am very caught up in my emotions and feel very deeply thus deciding very often based on my emotions and not based on logic. I guess it wouldn't hurt to bring a bit of logical thinking, goal orientation and objectivity into my life. Although I feel like puking while writing this. See, I almost despise those values .. it seems like my right side of the brain is heavily protesting right now. Also everything related to Stage Orange provokes disgust in me, but I identify a lot with Stage Green. Yet I don't know if I really am green, because I do not think that I have embodied any values of orange nor ever really identified with any of them at any given time. This means I would have somehow skipped this stage. Yet I realise, as much as I am feeling resistance towards this, that I need to integrate a few stage orange values and a bit of masculine energy. In essence, I think it's important for me to develop: 

1) assertiveness 

2) objective thinking

3) and I guess there is no other way.. a bit of goal-orientation.. I am a very creative person and love flow-states.. so it seems to me that I am losing all the fun of free flowing and play if I try to press my goal into a structured plan. Especially being oriented on the result causes me to not enjoy the process. I hate structure with a passion, but I realise a bit of it is necessary if I want my work to have an impact. 

Lastly, I am INFP on the Myers Briggs.. I guess the NF is also very much linked to feminine energy.. so it makes sense that I just do not have much of masculine energy.

Any ideas, suggestions? :)     

Chopping wood is shown to raise testosterone in men more then any activity, more the sex and weight lifting. 

13 hours ago, SFRL said:

@Pilgrim a lot of women act way too masculine these days. So I would not change a thing. 

If you want read: "A Brief History Of Everything" by Ken Wilber. 

I just started, I am on chapter 2 now. Male vs Female and the Masculine- Feminine spectrum are main themes in the book.

thanks for your answer. I don't know.. I believe we should strive to be as balanced in both energies as possible. I believe that this is also the only way to reach interdependence (and not co-dependence) in a relationship for instance. But I might check the book out! 

14 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:
  • Being on point with your time instead of at sea; you're always going somewhere with your time
  • Having an organized and put together life that allows you to perform excellently on your small picture and big picture life purpose goals

I think that's what I struggle most with.. but being organised and put together seems very boring to me. :(  

I was also reading yesterday: "Masculine energy supports you in going out into the world to claim your intentions with purpose, ambition, drive, energy and motivation. It’s the practical steps necessary to claim what we want to manifest."

8 hours ago, aurum said:

Looks like you've got some shadow work to do surrounding your masculinity. I'd do some research on that and see what happens.

Yes that really seems to be the case. I don't really know where that is coming from. I can see that all the masculine energy values are what I am currently lacking and if I could integrate them a bit, I would be really able to make my dreams happen. I don't know there is just something about masculine energy that gives me the feeling of aggressiveness. I see many men strongly competing against each other, but I believe in collaboration. Yes, maybe I perceive masculine energy as aggressive and maybe that is the problem.

8 hours ago, aurum said:

You say you just like to free flow, but how much of the "free flowing" is actually just societal programming you're running on autopilot?

No, I really like free flowing.. I don't think it's societal programming. I just am this type of person that likes to have no destination.. I truly enjoy the journey. To me this really is play and I love play. 

8 hours ago, aurum said:

With life purpose, you stop sleepwalking through life and consciously decide what matters to you. And it's one of the areas of my life where I feel the most masculine. You're on a mission, and you're going to accomplish that no matter what.

However, I totally get what you are saying here. And that is also why I want to tap into my masculine energy. There are certain goals I really want to achieve and I need masculine energy for that.. otherwise it's just not going to work. 

Thanks for your answers guys! I am trying to put something together in order to be a bit more balanced. 

Face all your emotions, especially fear and loneliness alone.

Don't talk about it to anyone unless they ask.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Kataro7

thanks for your answer, I am actually a woman ^_^ ... I know we all have masculine and feminine energy and that is good and important. I actually believe that feminine energy is highly lacking in our world and therefore it's good that I have plenty of it. 9_9 

But in order to succeed here it's also important to develop the masculine side. To me masculine energy seems to be linked to the orange development level in SD.. I haven't integrated it at all and am this typical artsy airy-fairy hippie girl. Being an INFP makes me only more unworldly. 

And while I love being in my own world, I really want to have an impact on other people's lives as well. And I mean a direct, practical impact. Masculine energy is so important for implementation and that's why I want to tap into my masculine energy as a female in order to be more balanced. 

On 10/26/2018 at 7:37 AM, Pilgrim said:

No, I really like free flowing.. I don't think it's societal programming. I just am this type of person that likes to have no destination.. I truly enjoy the journey. To me this really is play and I love play. 

This is great, use this playful energy to go out and experiment harnessing masculine qualities.

Be assertive and see how it feels, set boundaries and see how it feels, pursue truth, work on your confidence, define your purpose and drive hard every day to get work done, you can even approach and communicate with someone you are attracted to and ask for a phone number. You may be aligned with this and you may not-but give yourself permission to go out and experience the Universe in all its glory.  

The whole idea is that you are not repressing/suppressing masculine qualities due to social conditioning, traumas, fears, etc.-of course only you know your truth.  

4 hours ago, Kataro7 said:

That being said, I think it's more about being what you are. Why should we improve on our weakness that hard instead of loving the weakness for what it is? So, instead of having anxiety around your Te, why not love that Te as a baby. Don't hate it for being immature, develop it where it is.

I totally love your view on that. But I definitely struggle with this, the world is more oriented around ESTJs and I find it difficult to be the way I am. I always feel the need to be different somehow in order to "make it". But maybe that's my mistake, I just don't know how to accept some of my weaknesses that so obviously need improvement.. but yeah, what you resist persists. 

4 hours ago, Kataro7 said:

Also, we should not forget that independence may be somewhat over-rated. Who said that humanity should not help each other, cover each others needs.. So, having Te or masculinity in your friend-circle or life-system is going to help you with that need for more assertiveness, as well. We are not supposed to live alone.. Is what I believe. So dare to be dependent on each other, help others where you are strong. Let yourself get help where you are weak!

Wow, I know what you mean. I think that's beautiful. But I believe interdependence is the key and that requires independent individuals. It's a fine line and I am not a fan of this over-individualised society, that seems so self-involved. But I believe it's important to become a balanced individual on your own and try to not act out of a need but rather a wish.