Vibivub

Meditating with Sounds/Music

104 posts in this topic

Hey Guys!^_^

I love listening to relaxing music and nature sounds while studying or doing daily chores, it gets me into a relaxed mood and clears my head. However I have always been meditating without any artificial sounds just listening to my surroundings because I though that music or sounds would just be a distraction and not real meditation. But over the past days I've been hearing of people who were able to meditate easier and deeper with specific sounds. I mean it's obvious that Dubstep will probably not help with your mindfulness but subtle music, nature sounds or stuff like binaural beats could have beneficial effects?

What is your opinion, do you like to meditate in silence or do some sounds help you in your meditation session? 

I have found that this can get me in a meditative state of mind faster than sitting in silence. You'll need headphones - it doesn't work without them. Your first thought might be that there's no way you could meditate to that weird noise, but try it for a full meditation session and see. It doesn't have to be loud. 

https://hemi-sync.com/learn/

I've been using the MetaMusic from Hemi-Sync and it's without a doubt the best music I've found to meditate with. It's binaural beats like the above, but the difference is that the Monroe Institute that's been working on the technology has decades of scientific research that's been done on their technique and methods. The CIA even used their technology and did research based on it as a means to expand and alter consciousness, and some of those CIA documents were declassified that you can read for yourself.

They have things other than the MetaMusic that I haven't used, but the songs from it is so relaxing that I prefer them. I go to the Meditation and Spiritual Growth section, then open the filter and select MetaMusic.

My two favorite for meditation is Crossing the Abyss and Spiral of Light. What I find most interesting is not only are they obviously effective, but different tracks have a different effect on your consciousness, even within the Meditation MetaMusic subgenre. They do cost money, but they are a nonprofit who cycles the money back into their research and the programs they offer which is all about raising consciousness.

I'd say I usually get in 1 hour with MetaMusic what would usually take me 2 to 4 hours without it. But that's just been my experience. Check out the research yourself, I've found them to be far more effective than other binaural beats. Most tracks are close to 1 hour long, and you can use them over and over again. I leave mine on repeat, that way if I decide I want to sit for a few hours it will continue for the duration.

https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/document/cia-rdp96-00788r001700210004-8

Here's the CIA evaluation of Hemi-Sync done back in 1984. It's done on their Gateway Voyage series which is much different than the Meditation MetaMusic, but it speaks to the viability of the technique they use to alter consciousness.

Edited by Elysian
grammar

@Strikr

My man :D I've assembled a spotify playlist you might be interested, send a pm and i'll share it if you are interested. 

Listening to music while meditating tends to make my thoughts go storymode way easier so... Does not work for me

19 hours ago, PsiloPutty said:

I have found that this can get me in a meditative state of mind faster than sitting in silence. You'll need headphones - it doesn't work without them. Your first thought might be that there's no way you could meditate to that weird noise, but try it for a full meditation session and see. It doesn't have to be loud. 

Some of them can be pretty scary.

I don't remember the name, but it was almost horrifying, especially in the dark, eyes open xD

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

50 minutes ago, Strikr said:

I use this type of MetaMusic, but I don't need headphone, no way I meditate with a headphone on my head

2 baby like this loud

$_86.JPG

I'm not sure if you're talking about MetaMusic, which is the name the Monroe Institute gave to their tracks that have music combined with their Hemi-Sync technology; or just music that you listen to while meditating. 

But if you're actually talking about Hemi-Sync MetaMusic, they found that stereo headphones is the most optimal way to listen to their technology. The reason for this is because a binaural frequency is created when one ear receives one frequency while the other ear receives a different frequency. This leads to a 3rd frequency within the brain which is caused by the brain trying to bridge the gap between the 2 frequencies. You can use speakers to do this, but it won't happen with the same quality as with headphones, because your ears will actually be getting both signals in both ears; even if you are getting more of one frequency in one ear and more of the other in the opposing ear. This applies to all binaural beat technology.

It's suggested to find a comfortable pair of headphones that is noise cancelling, fitting comfortably over the ears. I found that after my first few sits it stopped bothering me. After a couple hours it might start becoming a little uncomfortable, and if I feel like it I just transition into sitting without music, starting from that elevated state of awareness.

Can someone link the most hardcore dna activation/binaural beat they know ?

In pm if it's really too dangerous for most people.

God is love

And God in them

Just now, PsiloPutty said:

@Shin   xD   you crack me up

Why ?

I'm serious ?

God is love

And God in them

2 hours ago, Shin said:

Some of them can be pretty scary.

I don't remember the name, but it was almost horrifying, especially in the dark, eyes open xD

41 minutes ago, PsiloPutty said:

@Shin   xD   you crack me up

This one:

God is love

And God in them

9 minutes ago, i am I AM said:

Try to look at the pattern for as long as you can tolerate: 

acd0035b330c02bca4ca58b587ee360a.jpg

God is love

And God in them

I use binural beats when I'm not home alone because hearing people talk makes meditation harder. I've noticed they help a lot. Mixing a long binural beat with a SDS and a good technique can put me into a state where meditation takes no effort and it feels great.

20 hours ago, PsiloPutty said:

I'll give the dangerous one a listen later on. 

It was Zen Devilry! 

But seriously, it was okay. Kind of feels like you're sitting on a washing machine the whole time. Or maybe in it...