Slade

What kind of yoga do you practice?

10 posts in this topic

I practiced kriya yoga from JC Stevens book for 5 months and noticed my third eye becoming very active and I gained a lot of control over the Prana that flows up the spine. However I took Sadhgurus advice and decided I shouldn’t learn yoga from a book, and so I went and learned the Hatha Yoga that his foundation teaches about a month ago. 

After seeing how powerful kriya was I’m excited to see the results of Hatha Yoga after several months of practicing. 

The yoga I learn from breath. I think is very important to discover own yoga in one's journey. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

I do consciousness yoga. Being aware of being aware :D 

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Btw this works too :P

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Doing this type of kundalini yoga in the morning 

And kriya in the evening. Sometimes a bit of hatha to stay healthy and flexible

What's the difference between a duck?

I tried in the past Kundalini and Kriya, but their practices are way too advanced to a newbie. Now I am doing Hatha Yoga from a month ago and I´m seeing much more results than in the past several months with Kundalini.

Has anyone here practiced yoga consistently for a few years? 

Are good Hatha Yoga practices easy to find on the internet? I am underage and don't have the economical independence to travel to any school/teacher.

15 hours ago, Slade said:

Has anyone here practiced yoga consistently for a few years? 

November is going to be 1year as I do yogasanas consistently, tho I don't feel it to be appropiate to talk about the benefits of it. This practice is very subtle you will have to experience for yourself. 

This is one practice that nobody talks about the benefits, in other isha practices like angamardhana people will not shut up, they feel it on the first day because it's so much on the physical level, health, brain activity, lightness, energy everything just so apparant. But yogasanas is very subtle. One day when you look back how you were before you started yoganasas and compare it with today, you will see a huge transformation in things like what you like, how you think, how you feel, what bothers you, what doesnt, how mature you've become, how intelligent, how you relate to people and life, how sensitive you've become to life and everyone around you. And above all, the balance and quality of any meditation or kriya grows by a 100x. 

You saw hatha yoga teachers, didn't you? Just one look at them and you can tell, everything about them is different, how they sit even, like bhuddha statues, every move they make is so fantastic :D They're the answer to your question :D

Edited by Salvijus