Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jedd

Life Purpose Story

5 posts in this topic

I'm thinking of documenting my life purpose on the forum, YouTube, social media or through a Journal has anybody had a similar idea. How have you gone about documenting your story? is it a wise idea or the idea or a fool? I'd like multiple opinions on this if possible and for the record I completed the Life Purpose course 1 year ago and have completed a course done multiple jobs also have a read a couple books etc. Looking to share insights, ideas and helpful information along the way so maybe I could inspire people to pursue a life of purpose.

such  perfect timing again . 

i was just going to ask if anybody who went trough the course ,would mind giving feedback!

So now you now you know for sure ?

@Jedd it's a good idea if you can do it with a pure heart, that is, if you're not expecting to be praised and have a sincere desire to improve other people's lives.

unborn Truth

This is what I do. I am telling my life story as it happens on a blog, titled ‘The Heroes Journey’. Writing is one of the main mediums for my life purpose, and the purpose I have set for myself is to essentially inspire others into walking their own Heroes Journey, and deeply respecting their own journey in life. 

I’ve been doing this for 3 months so far , just writing the past few years and catching up to myself first. I have found numerous benefits , too many to count! 

As for if it’s a good idea, it depends on how transparent you want to be with the world. But I consider ones own life story to be an extremely valuable and unique thing. So in my case, I hope to be wide open, in order to really and truly carry out my life purpose with absolute integrity and help awaken people , because I hold that nothing is more important aside from my own cultivation.

@Jedd I've definitely thought about it for sure. 

On 10/23/2018 at 5:04 AM, ajasatya said:

@Jedd it's a good idea if you can do it with a pure heart, that is, if you're not expecting to be praised and have a sincere desire to improve other people's lives.

Key advice right there ^

Just add onto it: really emphasize authenticity. You're going to feel a lot better and also get farther in your own development if you do so in an honest, truthful, and authentic way. 

Also: Don't feel the need to share every bit of your personal life and self. I think YouTubers make both a good but misleading (through no fault of their own) example. Good examples of this are actually people like @Leo Gura, Casey Neistat, Gary Vaynerchuk, etc. - You don't need to share every detail about your life nor do I think it'd be wise to. Bring the real you but people don't need to know every single thing. Understand for example that you really don't know anything about Leo personally. However, that doesn't mean he can't be authentic and real with us as his audience. We just tend to assume we know more about the people we're watching than we actually do. 

If you're going to do this through video I suggest practice filmmaking and learn about it. Learn about camera angles, storytelling, learn how to be creative. Remember it is about you in this and your journey but you need to appeal to the people who are going to put up watching you. Practice that for awhile.