Manjushri

Is there more than one consciousness?

40 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

Yeah, science boys can try all they want to explain this, but this is clearly a proof.

That's my double blind study :ph34r:

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

1 minute ago, cetus56 said:

FB_IMG_1517391454003.jpg

Triple blind study :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

21 hours ago, Gligorije said:

Or is it only one? When I say one I mean the one 'I'm' experiencing right now. What about Las Vegas consciousness?

Only consciousness can be conscious. "I am" and "Las Vegas" are only content in the infinite consciousness. You can't be experiencing consciousness as your question implies, because it's prior to all experience.

But don't listen to me. Here's a guy who can articulate it so much better:

7 minutes ago, Girzo said:

because it's prior to all experience.

Unconsciousness, or ignorance:)

Edited by Jack River

It can be said that there is many consciousnesses or one, but I say unconsciousness is prior to all that dudes. I feel that is I. 

Edited by Jack River

12 minutes ago, Jack River said:

It can be said that there is many consciousnesses or one, but I say unconsciousness is prior to all that dudes. I feel that is I. 

@Jack River What were you before this consciousness came upon you? -Nisargadatta

2 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@Jack River What were you before this consciousness came upon you? -Nisargadatta

Yep:). Nothingness 

Never heard of Nisargadatta. Cool. Would never have understood that until recently. 

Edited by Jack River

@cetus56

tried to put it out verbally in my thread awareness to unawareness. But it’s kinda hard to explain. 

Edited by Jack River

7 minutes ago, Jack River said:

@cetus56

tried to put it out verbally in my thread awareness to unawareness. But it’s kinda hard to explain. 

@Jack River How could you explain it when there is nothing there. Nothing explainable that is.

Just now, cetus56 said:

@Jack River How could you explain it when there is nothing there. Nothing that is explainable that is.

Jeesh !! Yep you’re right dude. 

1 hour ago, cetus56 said:

A beautiful example of social consciousness.

Humans have no problem seeing how individual cells emerge as an organism, such as a tree or human being. Yet, humans have the darndest time seeing how individual entities emerge as a social organism.

@Nahm @Nahmhahahahahahahahahahaha@Nahmhahahahahahahahahahaha! The insight that it's me hit me like a truck yesterday when I read Leo's post. here it is : https://www.actualized.org/insights/the-magic-of-consciousness

Before that it were always pixels on a screen. 

I think i stared at the . gif for 20 mins in awe. Thank you @Leo Gura!!!! 

Edited by Gligorije

1 hour ago, Gligorije said:

@Nahm @Nahmhahahahahahahahahahaha@Nahmhahahahahahahahahahaha! The insight that it's me hit me like a truck yesterday when I read Leo's post. here it is : https://www.actualized.org/insights/the-magic-of-consciousness

Before that it were always pixels on a screen. 

I think i stared at the . gif for 20 mins in awe. Thank you @Leo Gura!!!! 

I have experienced this effect once.  There is this teacher called John D.R. and I was attending his three day meditation retreat in Dorset. And like many spriritual teachers, he was sitting in front of the room, while the audience sit in front of him, on chairs or on the floor. He was super still. Like a mountain. He also talked super slowly, and with the most limited movement. He had a very special energy about him, and crazy blue eyes. An hour into the sitting, while staring at him talk with questioners, I started hallucinating.  He started to melt and fuse with the space and the background. Also, his face started to shape shift into different faces. I was sober, super clear, and awake. And none of this creep me out or anything. It was the most natural thing ever. I asked my friend if she is witnessing anything, and she said no. So not sure what it was about! But it looked like that consciousness painting effect. Except in slow motion and less colorful.