Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brugluiz

How do you do shadow work?

5 posts in this topic

Hi!

I'm doing some exercises of shadow work. I'm just doing it by myself with light traumatic events (the heavy ones I want to do with a professional). I'm listing some traumatic events. I remember the events, but not with a lot of details.

Is it important to know the details? If so, how can I increase my perception?

And after listing these traumatic events (some of them make me cry, even some light ones), what should I do?

This is something I learned from Teal Swan, I plan to investigate further into her method as Shadow Work is my domain of mastery, but so what I want to share with you is something I found to be interesting

Whenever you notice yourself becoming emotionally triggered, it is happening because subconsciously you are bringing past experiences up that are similar to an experience you are having right now. For example being called ugly by a girl when you were 7 years old and now getting triggered every time you are in conversation with a girl because you are deeply scared that something as painful can happen.

When this trigger happens, it is your subconscious trying to help you make the unaware conscious. Seperation and disconnection is an unnatural state for life to be in. Wholeness and oneness is it's natural state. So, in time, the movement towards consciousness is inevitable. Conclusion, make use of this gift of being triggered when it rises up.

Feel the emotional reaction as deeply as you can and ask yourself these questions:

• How am I feeling?
  • When was the last time I felt like this?
  • When was the first time I felt like this?

What this does is you are shining the light of consciousness on those subconscious memories that are always going on in the back of your mind. Making them conscious actively stops you from getting retriggered by a similar situation. This process of bringing more consciousness into trauma can take some time but it has a synergistic effect. The fire (consciousness) once so small and tender can quickly grow and spread into huge flames. It starts spreading out of itself.

But in the end, it doesn't matter which questions you ask. If you just learn to dig deeper into your experience and ask why you are getting emotionally triggered, over time you will start detaching from those memories and your shadow starts integrating.

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

38 minutes ago, Max_V said:

This is something I learned from Teal Swan, I plan to investigate further into her method as Shadow Work is my domain of mastery, but so what I want to share with you is something I found to be interesting

Whenever you notice yourself becoming emotionally triggered, it is happening because subconsciously you are bringing past experiences up that are similar to an experience you are having right now. For example being called ugly by a girl when you were 7 years old and now getting triggered every time you are in conversation with a girl because you are deeply scared that something as painful can happen.

When this trigger happens, it is your subconscious trying to help you make the unaware conscious. Seperation and disconnection is an unnatural state for life to be in. Wholeness and oneness is it's natural state. So, in time, the movement towards consciousness is inevitable. Conclusion, make use of this gift of being triggered when it rises up.

Feel the emotional reaction as deeply as you can and ask yourself these questions:

• How am I feeling?
  • When was the last time I felt like this?
  • When was the first time I felt like this?

What this does is you are shining the light of consciousness on those subconscious memories that are always going on in the back of your mind. Making them conscious actively stops you from getting retriggered by a similar situation. This process of bringing more consciousness into trauma can take some time but it has a synergistic effect. The fire (consciousness) once so small and tender can quickly grow and spread into huge flames. It starts spreading out of itself.

But in the end, it doesn't matter which questions you ask. If you just learn to dig deeper into your experience and ask why you are getting emotionally triggered, over time you will start detaching from those memories and your shadow starts integrating.

Thank you again, @Max_V!

I just got triggered by a family member and was feeling like a dumb. I can recognize the last time it happened, but I'm not sure of the first time it happened. I just had put the oldest traumatic experience I remember.

Teal Swan is awesome by the way!

8 hours ago, brugluiz said:

I can recognize the last time it happened, but I'm not sure of the first time it happened.

That’s the cool thing, this doesn’t always happen at once. Every new session you do, something new can suddenly pop up into your mind. When you actively look for it, at some point those traumatic events will reveal themselves.

Keep at it ;) 

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

Hello,

This is the completion process.

It is a technique from old vedic scriptures that Nithyananda found. I believe Teal Swan have learned it from Nithyananda. Does not really matter, but search for Nithyananda and Teal Swan on youtube and build your own routine if you want to go deeper.

Hope it helps!