Sahil Pandit

Nootropics Mega-Thread

239 posts in this topic

@Rilles have you had a break? Try not taking it for a month or two. Also lower your dose. Sure, the 20th time will not be the same as the first times. 

I used to take one pill of 250mg and I could feel my heart pounding, hot flushes, and agitation. Nonetheless I was very focused but a bit uncontrollable for about 6 hours. 

Now I take only a quarter when absolutely needed (e.g. when I don't get enough sleep overnight and I have to be at work during the day) and the beneficial effect is the same as I would take a full pill but without all that agitation and madness going though my body and mind. 

Also NUTRITION!  Do you have a clean diet or binge on fast food and pizza? 

Hope this helps. 

23 minutes ago, Alex bAlex said:

@Rilles have you had a break? Try not taking it for a month or two.

last time I did wait a month, then I did it yesterday

Also lower your dose. Sure, the 20th time will not be the same as the first times. 

Been doing quarter pills almost exclusively because i didnt like the agitation and nervousness of too much

I used to take one pill of 250mg and I could feel my heart pounding, hot flushes, and agitation. Nonetheless I was very focused but a bit uncontrollable for about 6 hours. 

The tunnelvision focus that was so alluring in the beginning has kind of dissappeared... its more a general sense of wakefulness... but I could get that without pills now I think

Now I take only a quarter when absolutely needed (e.g. when I don't get enough sleep overnight and I have to be at work during the day) and the beneficial effect is the same as I would take a full pill but without all that agitation and madness going though my body and mind. 

Also NUTRITION!  Do you have a clean diet or binge on fast food and pizza? 

my diet is 70% pure i think, i never eat candy or drink soda, i make 99% food at home with minimum ingredients like meat, veggies and some potatos or something, and i drink water 99% of the time

I do eat bread and wheat though... yeah its bad but im pretty skinny and i need to eat what I can at this age

Hope this helps. 

I dont know... moda has kind of lost its charm, i could easily throw the stuff out and I wouldnt flinch

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Rilles having spasms sounds like some sort of anxiety response to the drug. I take armodafinil on occasion, it doesn't do much for me either! I have to increase the dosage, but that could be for any random reason. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

42 minutes ago, lmfao said:

@Rilles having spasms sounds like some sort of anxiety response to the drug.

Thats what I was thinking too, Ive never experienced it except on Moda and it was a fairly high dose for me

I take armodafinil on occasion, it doesn't do much for me either! I have to increase the dosage, but that could be for any random reason. 

How much you take?

@Rilles Well, before I would nibble a quarter but now I take half a tablet at a time if I ever use. I can pop 1 tablet without too much effect either, but ive only done that a few times. I've been playing it safe, being fine with subtle changes. 

My tablets are 150mg armodafinil.

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Lion's Mane extract - Probably my favorite nootropic. It's a subtle effect, but the best way to describe it is that it increases neuroplasticity. If you want to change something about your habits, to solve a hard problem / learn a new skill, or make your mind more flexible and fluid, this is a great agent to help you with that.
Fruiting body extracts (e.g. Realmushrooms) are said to be better than mycelial extracts (e.g. Host Defense).

Rhodiola extract - Another one of my favorites. The mood lift is very powerful, and using this intermittently for months, I have experienced no side effects. Really a miracle, since it has been shown to help people with major depressive disorder.

Gotu Kola powder - Very interesting herb, seems to facilitate spiritual growth. On many occasions when I'm taking this, I would feel like I'm outside my body, getting blasted infinitely into outer space (Essentially the experience of infinity that Leo talks about). You naturally get the urge to hold onto something. But when you let go, it feels great.
Or I would gain a visceral awareness of how consciousness is not located within the head - rather, the head and entire body are located within consciousness, which has no center.
As a side benefit, the herb is a general health tonic which boosts skin health and microcirculation.

Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri) powder - Great neuroprotective herb. Gives you a light sense of euphoria in a natural, healthful way.

Turmeric w/ black pepper - Awesome anti-inflammatory benefits. Gives you a relaxing sense of well-being. I make my own capsules with a pill press to save some money.

Sunflower Lecithin - Favorite source of choline. Literal brain-building material, and it tastes good too. Don't take on an empty stomach.

Raw Cacao powder - All the health benefits of chocolate without the sugar. Has a complex array of effects that are simultaneously relaxing and stimulating. A tablespoon a day is a good dosage, I wouldn't overdo it because of the high oxalate content.

Vitamin D3/K2/Magnesium - Huge combo for a multitude of health and fitness benefits. Check out "Vitamin K2 and the Calcium Paradox" for everything you need to know.

The place where I like to get most of these herbs/substances is Starwest Botanicals. All great quality, organic, and inexpensive if you buy in bulk.  If you want other specifics, just let me know.

Bonus:

Raw Organic Garlic - Great immune system booster. Aids in recovery from exercise and gives you an energy boost when you're feeling worn down. I take 2-4 cloves a day - chew one at a time and quickly chase with water to mitigate the burn.

Raw Unpasteurized Honey -  Contains tons of enzymes, vitamins/minerals and antioxidants. A true "living food."  Alongside cacao, it's a great alternative to unhealthy processed foods. Still, due to the sugar content be sure to swish your mouth out with water after eating in order to keep your teeth healthy.

Edited by smurf88

Here's a bit of an unusual question: how do you know if a nootropic or stack promotes both productivity and consciousness?

I started wondering this after taking a pre-packed blend that contains aniracitam, noopept, a high dose of caffeine among other things. Loved the first day but the second was a fucking nightmare and very low consciousness. I stopped fucking with racetams.

I see the appeal of building an all-natural stack but at the same time modafinil has been extremely useful for me.

Also wondering what your favorite stacks are combined with a micro or macro dose of shrooms or LSD? ?

On 3/13/2020 at 3:07 PM, smurf88 said:

Gotu Kola powder - Very interesting herb, seems to facilitate spiritual growth. On many occasions when I'm taking this, I would feel like I'm outside my body, getting blasted infinitely into outer space (Essentially the experience of infinity that Leo talks about). You naturally get the urge to hold onto something. But when you let go, it feels great.
Or I would gain a visceral awareness of how consciousness is not located within the head - rather, the head and entire body are located within consciousness, which has no center.
As a side benefit, the herb is a general health tonic which boosts skin health and microcirculation.

Would you say that the Gotu is good for meditation?

"No one can pass the gateless gate. So be no one."

does Rhodiola make anyone dizzy? I went out jogging after taking some Rhodiola and I have felt lightheaded all day... I have never had problems with lightheadedness before, my diet hasnt changed either. 

On 3/13/2020 at 3:02 AM, Rilles said:

modafinil doesnt do anything for me anymore despite only using it on occasion... anyone experienced this?

also took half a pill yesterday and my diaphragm was fluttering and had spasms every 5 minutes... that was weird!

dont think i have use for moda anymore, great journey though

I hear ya here. I take it on so very rare occasions, it usually has a positive effect but the body knows best. What is Rhodiola used for? 

13 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

I hear ya here. I take it on so very rare occasions, it usually has a positive effect but the body knows best. What is Rhodiola used for? 

Its been working well since I lowered my dose, but I use it very rarely.

Rhodiola is supposedly good for stamina, its very on and off though, sometimes works sometimes doesnt. 

On 5/13/2020 at 11:25 AM, nowimhere said:

Would you say that the Gotu is good for meditation?

For sure. Gotu Kola was actually used by ancient Yogis to help their meditation sessions. It chills you out and makes your mind very clear. Plus, as mentioned before it's excellent for circulation, which is a godsend if you have varicose veins.
I have found that 1-2 teaspoons of ground powder is a good dose.

The great thing about herbs is that they're inexpensive, easy to find online and for the most part safe (though you always want to try out a small amount first to see how you react).

Going to the gym on modafinil is crazy too. It gives you crazy amount of stamina and strength. It is almost unnatural. 

In Tate we trust

26 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

Going to the gym on modafinil is crazy too. It gives you crazy amount of stamina and strength. It is almost unnatural. 

How much do you take and what do you combine it with? I find half a pill of modafinil to be very subtle.

@Butters I don't take more than half. I'm sensitive to the substance. Probably because I take it rarely. 

In Tate we trust

Some more good health hacks:

Rebounding - The most efficient form of exercise I've ever done. Extremely low impact, yet does an excellent job building all the soft tissues in your body including muscles, tendons, ligaments, bones. You can spend just 15 minutes doing an easy health bounce, yet the oxygenated, uplifted feeling you get afterwards is similar to what you get from a more intense workout.
The alternating g-forces of rebounding help move your lymphatic fluid throughout your body. Since humans do not have a central lymph pump, it is essential for everyone to do SOME form of exercise, and this is the most convenient/accessible form available - simply spreading out a few 1-minute sessions throughout the day can yield great benefits.

RSO - An amazing form of cannabis extract. Typically a full spectrum extract of several high-quality THC-rich indica strains with potent medicinal properties. This has given me some of the best sleep I've ever had, and very interesting psychedelic-like trips.

Digestive enzymes - Vital supplement especially as you get older. Makes the body's job of breaking down food far easier, leaving you with more energy to do your daily tasks.
A basic enzyme supplement with protease, papain, bromelain and lactase does the trick for daily use. If you want to take it to the next level, pancreatic enzymes with betain HCL are the most powerful I've used. Having had issues with certain foods in the past, now I can eat pretty much anything, and these enzymes tear right through it.

Edited by smurf88

On 7/16/2020 at 7:56 PM, StarStruck said:

@StarStruck have you ever experienced the effect of modafinil on sexual stamina? I wonder if it'd do the same ?

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

2 minutes ago, hamedsf said:

@StarStruck have you ever experienced the effect of modafinil on sexual stamina? I wonder if it'd do the same ?

You don't even want to know. ?

But I don't take modafinol anymore. It messes up my sleeping routine. That can't be healthy. 

In Tate we trust

Threw away the last of my Moda and Waklert, couldnt go a day without taking it, definitely a start of a dependency, been on it almost everyday for the last three weeks. I'll stick to coffee. Be careful with this stuff if you have an addictive personality.