Sahil Pandit

Nootropics Mega-Thread

239 posts in this topic

100 mg Modalert ”second try”

Mod is funny because you dont feel much unless you actually focus then your eyes lock on to whatever youre doing like a precision laser! 

+ Incredible for creative writing! No resistance, just a pure flow state! Heavy feeling I usually feel in my body not there, amazing.

- Must have a chosen task before you pop the pill otherwise youll be running around restless wanting to clean the house

+ Very very smooth comedown after 6 hours (personally) with an almost not noticeable headache

Dont look at me! Look inside!

100 mg Mod ”Third Try” at 7.20 am

+1000 Words of creative writing effortlessly

-sleepy/crash in the afternoon

-weird CEVs when trying to sleep

-sniffly? could be dust or pollen

-Headache in the morning

-slight anxiety but Im a pretty anxious guy

Will lower dose

4 hours ago, Rilles said:

100 mg Mod ”Third Try” at 7.20 am

+1000 Words of creative writing effortlessly

-sleepy/crash in the afternoon

-weird CEVs when trying to sleep

-sniffly? could be dust or pollen

-Headache in the morning

-slight anxiety but Im a pretty anxious guy

Will lower dose

I did ritalin for 2 years straight ( and with weed on top of that all day long )

one day you'll now why I m completely out of using those drugs. ( I did without weed aswsell )

can help for some production work like "mixing", but there is two things with ritalin :

- big crash / stacking no sleep ( using sort of sleep pills or whatever to sleep )

- high pressure in the ears ( more "high frequency", your ears are more "alert" so opened ), ( and I think all stimulant do it, even coffee ). Not good for producing music long term.

now my drug is not pushing my self, but doing all days a total aware session of work, I changed my way to see how I m productive, more observational work and internal visualisation than raw production.

I still smoke weed, but less, like 0.2g per day at night, before it was like 1,5g a day

Edited by Aeris

3 hours ago, Aeris said:

I did ritalin for 2 years straight ( and with weed on top of that all day long )

Why? 

one day you'll now why I m completely out of using those drugs. ( I did without weed aswsell )

Im sure I will, but Im doing okay now, I rarely use this as you can see its only my third time. I like to use it to experiment with writing but Im a bit turned off now because of the CEVs and the headache so I’ll probably use it even less.

can help for some production work like "mixing", but there is two things with ritalin :

For me I cant make music on it at all, my creativity is pretty stifled.

- big crash / stacking no sleep ( using sort of sleep pills or whatever to sleep )

Ritalin is a stimulant, Moda is a wakefulness agent, huge difference. 

- high pressure in the ears ( more "high frequency", your ears are more "alert" so opened ), ( and I think all stimulant do it, even coffee ). Not good for producing music long term.

That sounds awful.

now my drug is not pushing my self, but doing all days a total aware session of work, I changed my way to see how I m productive, more observational work and internal visualisation than raw production.

Yep, Moda has inspired me to get rid of the resistance I have in my body because I see how productive I can be in the flow state. 

I still smoke weed, but less, like 0.2g per day at night, before it was like 1,5g a day

I cant do shit on weed, Its too trippy for me.

@Rilles @Sahil Pandit Receiving Moda in the mail tomorrow and I'm looking forward to trying it out for the first time. What's your experience with urination and dehydration? Feels like it might be the biggest downside for myself assuming I have no ill reactions to it. I do have Psoriasis / Auto Immune issues so I hope that won't get triggered with Moda . . . 

We are all one spark, eyes full of wonder

“Take the lowest place, and you shall reach the highest.” 

“In the monastery of your heart, you have a temple where all Buddhas unite.” - Milarepa 

15 minutes ago, SoothedByRain said:

@Rilles @Sahil Pandit Receiving Moda in the mail tomorrow and I'm looking forward to trying it out for the first time. What's your experience with urination and dehydration? Feels like it might be the biggest downside for myself assuming I have no ill reactions to it. I do have Psoriasis / Auto Immune issues so I hope that won't get triggered with Moda . . . 

Tiny headaches come and go... make sure you drink a glass a water atleast once an hour. Start with 50mg, Moda is very subtle but strong so you dont really need to take an entire pill. There is tiny chance to get Steven Johnson Syndrome so be careful and do your research. Lastly... decide your task before you pop otherwise youll waste time time browsing YT in tunnel vision and wanting to clean the entire house. 

Edited by Rilles

@Sahil Pandit @Rilles Yeah I can plan on doing 50mg sessions once or maybe twice a day. Definitely plan on sitting for long periods and seeing how that goes on Moda. Cheers for the replies me dudes. Have a song!

“In the monastery of your heart, you have a temple where all Buddhas unite.” - Milarepa 

14 minutes ago, SoothedByRain said:

@Sahil Pandit @Rilles Yeah I can plan on doing 50mg sessions once or maybe twice a day. Definitely plan on sitting for long periods and seeing how that goes on Moda. Cheers for the replies me dudes. Have a song!

Another thing! Take it before 12 otherwise you might be sleepless, it lasts pretty long.

@Rilles Yeaah Roy. Cheers for your time Xxxx

One

3 minutes ago, SoothedByRain said:

@Rilles Yeaah Roy. Cheers for your time Xxxx

One

?have fun

i got the worst migraines from Lions Mane, and they come so fast, like 30 minutes after i consume them 

Further expanded list of nootropics from video WITH effects ::

NGF = Nerve Growth Factor 

Also, while writing my notes, I shortened words. Like "impr" means "improved" / "cog" means "cognition" / "mem" means "memory" there also might be other spelling errors. But you should be able to understand it.

Suggested to take a bannana with noots in the morning

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Modafinil - super wakeful , alert, aware , calm and hyper creative , fluidity of thought,
Easier to do intellectual work, contemplate, meditate, self inquiry, consciousness work, great mood

lions main mushrooms  NGF - (up tp500) neuro genesis - mem, cog, foc , alert, brain fog, depre, anx

- My own notes on Lions Mane. It should be noted you only get NGF with alchohol extracted Lions mane. Not all brands have that. Look for "dual extraction"

L Theanine -  NGF - 200-400 - relaxant, reduces blood pressure and heartrate, promotes alpha and theta brainwaves, increases focus and awareness, neuro protective function, boosts mood, improves cognition, also increases neural transmitters (gabba dopamine and serotonin) reduces stress, improves memory and improves sleep

personal notes - AMAZING for meditation. Puts it on steroid's. Also good for going to sleep (if you need to rewire your sleeping schedule, ect) 

Huperzine - A  dreams NGF (50 - 200) - a boost in short term memory , impr cog & long term brain health, improves brain cell mitochondria, serves as a brain anti oxidant

Alpha GPC- NGF - improve mem, mood, boost dopeamine, mental energy, cognative preformance

PTEROSTILBENE  50mg - incr neur-genisis, nuro-plasticity, nuro protectent , impr cog, learning, mem, impr mood, boost dopeamine, reverses effects of ageing, reduces anxiety

5 - HTP - 200mg - improves anx, depre, reduce strss, (precursor to serotonin)

SULBUTIAMINE  - cycle on and off (200-400) attention span, focus, motivation, brain fog, mood, improves fatigue , red cronic fatigue, increase sociability

Vinpocetene - 10mgs - blood flow to brain, cog, alert, concentration memory, mood, brain fog, mental fatigue, neuro protectant, neru plasticity & anti-inflammatory 

NALT - N-ACEtyl-tryosine - 300-500 - (cycle) - impr cog, mem, impr mental stress, boosts mood, neuro transmitters, good for ADHD

phosphatidyl serine 300 -  reduces beta (monkey mind) - impr brain health, promotes growth of neurons, impr cog preformance, improves memory, focus, reduces adhd, 

bacopa extract - 200-400 45% bacasides - "natural aderral" reduces adhd, impr cog performance, impr learning mem and focus, red anx

N-A-C > 600 - (up to 3 times a day) - immune system, neuro protectant, relieving depression, impro brain health, impr cog proformance, repairs brain injury , reduces flu like symptoms 

P-Q-Q - 20 (up to a month to kick in) - promotes growth of new mitochondria (gives you energy) , NGF, neuro protectant, repairs damage caused by stroke, helps grow new neurons, improves mem & cog. Synergistic with coQ10 (available at cambrian drug mart) / phosphatidyl serine stack

CoQ10 300-400 - provides energy for mitochondria, (better for older folks) - protects brain cells, boosts brain energy, red depr & fatigue increases mental clarity and anti ageing ,+ positive for cardiac system

URIDINE 150-300 - boosts release of dopamine and impr mood, anti depressing effects (when paired with fish oil) boosts cog, neuro protectent , improves memory (good stack with Alpha GPC, Fish Oil and SULBUTIAMINE)

Ginkgo - 120 (several weeks continued use before effects) - incr blood circulation in the brain, impr mem cog, learning & awareness , neuro protectent functions, boosts mood, red stress & helps repair brain cells 

fish or cril oil 500- 1000 

Vitimin d3 3000 - 10 000 - (3, 6 , 12 months) recommended to get vit d test,

AVOID
adrafinal - no good for liver
racetams - (any) feels dirty
antidepressants - just nope
stimulants and amphetamines -
avoid caffine - addictive - high tolerance
avoid weed - addictive

"No one can pass the gateless gate. So be no one."

is there some return on nootropic use ? where are you all right now ?

I would be glad to hear some experiences from the community 

55 minutes ago, Aeris said:

is there some return on nootropic use ? where are you all right now ?

I would be glad to hear some experiences from the community 

Theanine - no effect except for wanting to sleep, but I drink tea everyday so I might have ”tolerance”

Ashwangandha - sleepy but calming, I like the earthy taste

Modafinil - slightly meditative, very creative, subtle, bodily tiredness nowhere to be found which is awesome

Bacopa - made me depressed and lazy for 30 mins, totally useless substance, for me personally

:}

I have some Maca root on the way, will see what thats like! 

Edited by Rilles

4 hours ago, Rilles said:

Theanine - no effect except for wanting to sleep, but I drink tea everyday so I might have ”tolerance”

Ashwangandha - sleepy but calming, I like the earthy taste

Modafinil - slightly meditative, very creative, subtle, bodily tiredness nowhere to be found which is awesome

Bacopa - made me depressed and lazy for 30 mins, totally useless substance, for me personally

:}

I have some Maca root on the way, will see what thats like! 

Maca is like coffee but well better and without the side effects. I don't know maybe you're tired a bit.

I like maca so far

Edited by Aeris

12 minutes ago, Aeris said:

Maca is like coffee but well better and without the side effects. I don't know maybe you're tired a bit.

I like maca so far

I am pleased to report that L-theanine right before bed is unbelievably efficacious for lucid dreaming just FYI, try it out!

‘The water in which the mystic swims is the water in which a madman drowns. --Joseph Campbell