Sahil Pandit

Nootropics Mega-Thread

239 posts in this topic

Lions mane, reishi, cordyceps instead of caffeine. Ashwaghanda (sensoril works best for me). Vitamin D3 spray in winter.

That's all I consume now. Stopped coffee, don't drink alcohol ever. Rarely eat beef or pork etc, only eat chicken animal wise.

Fresh orange juice daily.

If it was legal here I would just microdose shrooms volumetrically (via powder) instead.

Being using Lion's Mane to do work 

30-35% productivity + focus increase

Don't notice it worked until I'm done with work 

No side effects 

Does anyone here feel any immediate effects from taking Ashwagandha, I took a capsule a few hours ago. I do feel a bit calmer and happier but I dont know if its just placebo since Ive read thats a long term effect...

Dont look at me! Look inside!

When buying modafinil online if you live in US make sure to buy below 40 pills, I bought a big package and received a “love letter” from US customs and border protection. Bought two more packages with just a few pills and they arrived in a week without any problems 

Armo gave me headache too, modafinil seems to be fine tho @Butters

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqtX3EPGsnmWjK76m5Vpbw

@Mart yes, I was taking alpha brain and it messed up my sleep, I was having very vivid dreams and was waking up super tired, one night I woke up sweating like I had fever at night, since is a stack I’m not sure which product was causing the problem. After that I started taking Quali mind and seems to work fine, although I stopped taking cause I would have to take 6 pills everyday and I hate swallowing pills, but took for two weeks and slept normally 

Edited by MsNobody

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqtX3EPGsnmWjK76m5Vpbw

Too many supplements will do you worse in the long run. Whole foods/herbs are a more intelligent way.

B R E A T H E

Anyone wanting to take Huperzine A should consider the amount they already dream. I get very sick from it assuming from the fact I am able to produce vivid dreams pretty often as it is. Remember to cycle it correctly if you can take it without issue. 

@RiseAbove I've noticed a noticeable enhancement in memory from lions mane myself. You should look into Maca Root and Panax ginseng. Usually my go to if I feel unmotivated. 

Lions Mane also promotes NGF if you use alchohol extracts (to get through the blood brain barrier) which stands for Nerve Growth Factor.

After taking quite large doses of antidepressants for extended peridods of time (Bupropion hydrocloride 300mg [SSRI] for 2-3 months after half a year of building the dosage up. Currently it has been 4-5 months since I abandoned them) 

I feel no effect of 5-HTP. I think my body became overly tolerant to serotonin creating agents. Probably I should try it again later.

- cold shower

- sport

- diet

- art/reading

- sleeping/meditation

- meaning

Nootropics :

- Yamabushitake* 
- Reishi
- Maïtaké 
- Cordyceps

- Coenzym Q10 
- PQQ 
- D3 

- Ptérostilbène 
- Gingko Biloba 
- Rhodiola Rosea
- L-Carnitine 

- L-Tyrosin 
- Uridine 

- Taurine

- Ashwagandha 

- Zink 

- Magnesium Citrate
- Vitamin B complex
- Omega 3 / krill oil

- Trytophan ( help maintain sleep )

> I take days off, before bed, I only took reishi and lion's mane again for instance.
> did my own researsh
> I don't take everything, everyday, I do what works for my body and need

> ( all products are from german brand ( 9/10 ), they are natural, mostly regulated ( per the gov/law state ) ( no extract ). vegan, no shit inside. at all. )

54 minutes ago, ghbiologics said:

Have you ever tried rhodiola rosea extract? It is one of the best natural energy boosters. Rhodiola boosts energy through promoting higher level of ATP. You only need to take 400mg~750mg everyday after your breakfast, just remember don't take it after your dinner, it might cause insomnia problem . Rosavins 3% & Salidroside 1% is the most popular on market. It's not difficult to find. 

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B01FFWYABM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I buy this one. Does it deplete something in the brain though ? what is your experience with it ? to me it seams like a good energy boost and a good anti fatigue for the afternoon. I cycle it though because I read many reports it start to stop working if you take it everyday.

Edited by Aeris

Hey guys, I may be mistaken but, did Leo recommended a forum on nootropics at the end of the nootropics video? Has it been deleted or am I imagining things?

Started using Alpha GPC in this week. Honestly out of the seven nootropics I tried this one is probably in top three (along with L-theanine and Lion's mane)

The help it does is that it gave me enough power to work on self development after my work hours (a big one for me, daily 10 hours of work) 

On 3/7/2019 at 11:28 AM, RiseAbove said:

Started using Alpha GPC in this week. Honestly out of the seven nootropics I tried this one is probably in top three (along with L-theanine and Lion's mane)

The help it does is that it gave me enough power to work on self development after my work hours (a big one for me, daily 10 hours of work) 

Ooo i've had my eye on Alpha GPC for a while. I use L Theanine and was thinking about getting Alpha GPC next. 

What effects are you noticing? Are you stacking? 

What I use/used

Bacopa

Lions Mane

L-Theanine
Iron supplements
Vitamin C / E + Magnesium.
Vitamin B complex.

Small report:

I currently don't use bacopa and l-theanine, l-theanine was good but it did not produce the effect I expected. Lion's mane I tested a 20:1 dual extract from whole fruiting bodies, which is the part of the mushroom which is above ground. I found I seller which sells high-quality products and even explains how to test certain products like lions mane with iodine, to test its starch content. The sellers on amazon sometimes seemed dubious I bought one bacopa product which seemed to have a legit brand behind it. They only had a baccoside percentage of 5% which what I read from the studies 25% at least is needed IIRC. I also tested 5-htp but, after reading on the forum Leo recommended and testing it, some people received tinnitus, so I stopped as I heard high pitched tones, which scared the living sh*t out of me. 

Bacopa weirdly helped with nofap since they reduce testosterone levels, I took bacopa for 4 months. The effects are supposed to kick in after 8-12 weeks. 

Lion's mane mushrooms worked well my brain fog is mostly gone thanks to meditation though yet this could help someone starting meditation imo and also lions mane helps with studying I can even sometimes hear neurons firing as retarded as this might sound, l-theanine definitely helped while learning and studying also it is supposed to help with sleep taken at higher dosages of 500 mg. I did not test this. I only took it in the morning so, I was alert for classes and studying seemed to have a more mellow quality to it when I took 400 mg with 200mg it was a nice aid. Also, they don't seem to last that long for 3-4 h. They increase alpha brain waves.

I made sure to follow the guidelines and not mix nootropics which have a similar effect and are from the same category, for instance, adaptogens. I  bought cordycepts which are adaptogens and mixed them with lions mane and bacopa which are both adaptogens IIRC. I did not notice any changes while mixing, yet they seemed to help when taken over a couple of hours to maintain the effects or to prolong them.

Vitamin c in the morning helps surprisingly with tiredness for me it also helps with the intake of iron and increases its availability inside the body, so more iron can be absorbed from foods. I notice the effects of iron it in the gym not feeling that worn-out afterward and putting out more energy, I can be more consistent with the routine without feeling weak in between sets. I did a blood test ( a small haemogram ) so, the doctor verified that I am deficient in iron. Mostly because I lived vegetarian and ate tofu and rice, nuts and noodles with pesto or I ate potatoes. Now I changed things up a bit.

Questions:

Where do you buy nootropics from? Preferred amazon sellers or shops.

Which nootropic helped the most for ADHD like symptoms (besides modafinil)? I specifically tested bacopa and lions mane since they are supposed to help with that, modafinil is illegal here. I found a way to buy it, yet it seems tedious.

Other great sources for information? Ideally for people living in the EU.  

This seller has the best information I found so far. Another site was German.
https://mindnutrition.com/blog/identify-quality-effective-nootropic-supplement-blends
https://mindnutrition.com/blog/medicinal-benefits-of-lions-mane-mushroom-extract

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

50 mg of Modalert today 1st time... to sum it up... Fuck studying I WANT TO CLEAN EVERY INCH OF THE HOUSE:D

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Cacao + Shilajit + Medicinal Mushrooms = Wired.

Make sure to take breaks from supplements and or have on/off periods.

B R E A T H E