Sahil Pandit

Nootropics Mega-Thread

239 posts in this topic

I've been experimenting with modafinil and noticed it gives me a slightly restless feeling in my torso, like a slight anxiety, during usage and the days after. Recently i discovered that modafinil decreases GABA in the brain, which seems like a cause, and i am curious to try out supplements to compensate for this and would also like to hear other peoples knowledge about this symptom. 

Just bought some Bacopa, Ginkgo and Ashwagandha capsules, gonna be interesting to do some careful experimentation. :P Already have alot of exotic teas at home so I skipped the L-Theanine.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Mart Ya, Modafinil gave me some chest discomfort and anxiety for sure.  Made me almost ADHD like haha. I took 400 mg of L-Theanine, and it helped. But it also gave me a very brief minor skin rash on my arm so I just don't take it anymore lol.

I ordered Ginkgo in a hurried excitement before I read about all the side-effects it can cause... Should I just skip the Ginkgo? It has a huge list of side-effects.

@Rilles my friend took Ginkgo biloba for better concentration and studying but had to stop because of intense hammer-pounding headaches it gave her, which is pretty common. Im not sure about that one, they say that if you take too much, your at higher risk for brain stroke 

12 minutes ago, moon777light said:

@Rilles my friend took Ginkgo biloba for better concentration and studying but had to stop because of intense hammer-pounding headaches it gave her, which is pretty common. Im not sure about that one, they say that if you take too much, your at higher risk for brain stroke 

Thats why Im skeptical, I think I’ll just stick to Bacopa and Ashwagandha

Thanks for the reply! :)??

Edit: nevermind I'm watching a video, it was a confusion.

Edited by Aquarius
misunderstanding

I'm interested in experimenting with L-theanine, 5htp, detox pills, and Modafinil in the coming months. but does anyone know how many days roughly I should stop taking the nootropics so they don't affect my 5 Meo DMT and 2cb trips? I think L-theanine and 5htp taken a few days beforehand might be physically and mentally harmful i think i should stop taking them 3 to  7 days before i trip? what are peoples thoughts on this?

Ordered Ashwagandha... Got Triphala colon-cleanser... not funny universe... not funny... :S

13 hours ago, Rilles said:

Ordered Ashwagandha... Got Triphala colon-cleanser... not funny universe... not funny... :S

U niverse provides what is necessary not what is needed ;)

B R E A T H E

47 minutes ago, pluto said:

U niverse provides what is necessary not what is needed ;)

My colon is all well, good sir! Atleast I think... :o Im scared to take the Poo-pill, what if I cant go back...

5 minutes ago, Rilles said:

My colon is all well, good sir! Atleast I think... :o Im scared to take the Poo-pill, what if I cant go back...

Triphala has many benefits not just colon, Its quite a powerful detoxifying trio, could be anything, see how it goes :)

B R E A T H E

5 minutes ago, pluto said:

Triphala has many benefits not just colon, Its quite a powerful detoxifying trio, could be anything, see how it goes :)

I’ll do some research into it, would be a waste to pay 200kr only to throw it away... 

:P

Bacopa makes me feel weirdly sedated and uninspired... anyone feel this way?

Lions mane Day 1

Started taking lions mane extract as a self experiment (5 day) (2tsp in hot water in the morning)

Now I have to be mega careful of placebo effect but yesterday I journaled the following effects:

• Yoga practice (54 min) was completed with less monkey mind
  • No difference in meditation.
  • After meditation & yoga felt unbelievably chilled
  • Smashed out studies with precision concentration. Very 'flowy' and with definitely less mental resistance
  • Present moment awareness has increased
  • Incredibly 'flowy' (this was the most noticeable difference)
  • zero mental pressure for the days errands ahead
  • Bit of a headache (as usual with me with any mushrooms)
Edited by Charlotte

@Charlotte i just got my lions mane in the mail :D cant wait to hear your experience, i hope its similar for me

DOes anyone get a small headache with ashwagandha? Or a hot feeling? 

...i did more research and in 2004 they discovered that a 1/4 of all ashwagandha products from india had significant amounts of toxic heavy metals like lead.  in 1990 more than half had this.  Since its 2018, its should be much much less, and if its certified organic, your likely good, but still good to be warned.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2755247/

heres an article from 2008, thats says 1/5 of all indian manufactered AND!!! USA manufactered products had lead. After researching more i saw that the KSM-66 type of ashwagandha is like theonly one that is stricltly regulated and certifies that its heavy metal free. I dont know what to do with the one i purchased,...to stop using it?, but it is organic? its 150 gramsss :(((( i knew i should have been patient and bought the jarrow pill-form ksm66 one :/ 

1 hour ago, moon777light said:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2755247/

heres an article from 2008, thats says 1/5 of all indian manufactered AND!!! USA manufactered products had lead. After researching more i saw that the KSM-66 type of ashwagandha is like theonly one that is stricltly regulated and certifies that its heavy metal free. I dont know what to do with the one i purchased,...to stop using it?, but it is organic? its 150 gramsss :(((( i knew i should have been patient and bought the jarrow pill-form ksm66 one :/ 

Maybe you can buy a lead testing kit

@moon777light Always remember to buy as quality product as you can find when it comes to supplements.

Wildcrafted/Harvested, Heirloom, Certified Organic, Biodynamic, Freeze-Dried ect... These will be the cleanest and most natural for your body.

I usually research for days to weeks or more before buying one supplement. I also make sure to find the highest quality to support thy temple :)

I read articles, studies, updated reviews, videos and sometimes whole books. Then i start self experimenting and go on from there.

The best results i have had long term are from products that were grown and harvested as close to how they grow in the wild in pristine locations as possible and of course when they are sourced from the wild they are always better. You can notice quite a difference compared to an 100x extract made in a lab which is highly potent but short term rather than long term and minimal to no long term side effects.

Our body has evolved with nature so when we use very potent lab made stuff it does the job quickly but also becomes taxing on the system especially overtime cause the system does not recognize such extreme amounts in such a short period of time but when we use minimally changed substances its more of a gradual but long term effect.

Similar to Psychedelics and Meditation. One is short and quit but requires integration and becomes taxing with frequent use and the other is a gradual purification and more permanent and no tax :)

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E