Sahil Pandit

Nootropics Mega-Thread

239 posts in this topic

@PsiloPutty This things seems amazing but im just  20 and i don't think i really need it ( i think my brain is kinda fresh )  , i consider it to be more effective when i get older . And i dont have an unlimited budget unfortunately  xD

Im already planning to add Ciltep , ginseng and ashwanganda to my stack and i dont feel like eating nootropics all day xD

@Lynnel Well , there is some pills formula witch contains both rhodiola and gingko so it doesn't seem that bad . Additionaly i take rhodiola only once every two days since it takes some time for my system to completely assimilate it . Your schedule makes sense , i think i will give it a try thank you :D

I took the time to read some Ciltep consumers reviews and it seems to be great , will give it a try .

@Joseph Maynor

On 21/10/2018 at 8:00 PM, Joseph Maynor said:

This is my current stack of cognitive supplements: (I take these every day)

Rhodiola
Huperzine A
Ginko Biloba
L-Tyrosine
L-Tryptophan
5-HTP
PQQ 
Choline
Bacopa
Glucuronolactone
Inositol
Alpha GPC

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nootropic

Do most or any of those substances come as one package or do u buy them separately and pop each one? How much are u paying?

I started using (4th day today):

1/4 artvigil 150mg

2pills 500mg Hericium

1p 400mg L-Theanin

1p 220mg Bacopa

I certainly observed differences:

I observe changes after 1-2h.

I feel mild pressure in my head, it is similar to state I get when I meditate, so that I believe it keeps me in concentration/meditative state for few hours. At certain point I was looking into distance and I've observed everything what was happening (like awareness observing) and I could shift my perception to one thing and the rest would just fog.  

I'm more engaged I think but it could be related to some motivational video I've seen recently.

I plan to test dosage on artvigil as I suspect it does the most of visible work :) .

I would appreciate if you could share your experiences with what ever you take :).

@Socrates

On 21/10/2018 at 10:57 PM, Socrates said:

I tend to microdose LSD around 1/8 to 1/4 of a 100mcg tab twice a week max.

Microdosing definitely works differently from the full trip but unfortunately, it doesn't give me consistent effects (one day hyped, outgoing and motivated & the other day introspective, low and introverted)

Is it safe to try nootropics the same week ill be microdosing?

I have had similar effects. Try microdosing mushrooms instead. The desired effects are much more consistent.

@Leo Gura on your nootropics video you mentioned you would take 1/4 of a Modafinil pill. I just wanted to clarify if that was a 100mg or a 200mg pill, since they're sold in both presentations. Thanks.

"Es gibt die Wahrheit, mein Lieber! Aber die ,Lehre', die du begehrst [...], die gibt es nicht. Du sollst dich auch gar nicht nach einer vollkommenen Lehre sehnen, Freund, sondern nach Vervollkommnung deiner selbst."

- Herman Hesse, Das Glasperlenspiel

30 minutes ago, Mondsee said:

@Leo Gura on your nootropics video you mentioned you would take 1/4 of a Modafinil pill. I just wanted to clarify if that was a 100mg or a 200mg pill, since they're sold in both presentations. Thanks.

200mg pill modafinil

150mg pill armodafinil

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Cool thanks.

"Es gibt die Wahrheit, mein Lieber! Aber die ,Lehre', die du begehrst [...], die gibt es nicht. Du sollst dich auch gar nicht nach einer vollkommenen Lehre sehnen, Freund, sondern nach Vervollkommnung deiner selbst."

- Herman Hesse, Das Glasperlenspiel

Does Leo take all of the nootropics mentioned in his video simultaneously? Like at any one time, how many nootropics is it appropriate to be on? Are there any long term benefits to modafanil/armodafanil? Or are these two drugs only good for the period of time that you are on them? 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Where do I buy them? I tried to order them from American Amazon to Europe and it was not allowed.

Do I try random brands from European Amazon?

Edit: Sulbutiamine and huperzine can't seem to be found on Europe unless i use random sites that can be scams as well. 

Is anyone in Europe that knows a thing or two?

Edited by Socrates

6 hours ago, lmfao said:

Does Leo take all of the nootropics mentioned in his video simultaneously? Like at any one time, how many nootropics is it appropriate to be on? Are there any long term benefits to modafanil/armodafanil? Or are these two drugs only good for the period of time that you are on them? 

It's certainly possible to take 20 pills at once. I don't do that every day but some days I do. Depends on what I'm planning to do and what I'm in the mood for. Most days I take a smaller batch of like 6-10 essential pills. As you experiment you will discover which ones are most essential for you.

For example, if I'm going to be doing a long day of creative intellectual work I might take the full 20 pill stack. But for most days that's overkill. I'm not gonna take that on a weekend when I'm just chilling.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura

MODAFINIL(MODALERT) ADVICE:

Day 1:

25mg of Modalert (1/4 pill) from SUN-PHARMA

No noticeable side effects

Felt great!

Day 2:

50mg of Modalert (1/2 pill)

Took it at 11am

Then around 1pm, my right forearm was itchy. Noticed I had a small little red spot/ skin rash on my right arm. It was about 1.0 in x 0.5 in. It was not super red, but fairly visible.

It was gone after about 10 minutes.

As day went on, I realized 50mg is too much for me (noticeably anxious/overstimulated and headache).

The experience with my skin concerns me. It was very brief, but still there.

Should I stop? Or should I just continue taking 25mg pills and see if any skin rash shows up with any other side effects?

I really appreciate the advice!!

Edited by JohnIsDoe

Sounds promising! I have a GNC gift card that I've been trying to use. I'll have to look and see what they carry and try some out. 

I don't find armodafinil  in Nepal. I asked different sources , Can they ship their product here. They said they can't and I found one sources but cost is too much high I can't offered.

On 11/8/2018 at 9:26 AM, JohnIsDoe said:

The experience with my skin concerns me. It was very brief, but still there.

Should I stop? Or should I just continue taking 25mg pills and see if any skin rash shows up with any other side effects?

I really appreciate the advice!!

Stop taking it. Modafinil can cause adverse skin conditions in very rare instances, but they can be quite severe. Not worth the risk.

Edited by Mathew Pav

I bough Artivigil from India.  $50/20 pills I think, gets way cheaper per pill but had to test it out because I never tried something like that.  

I wasn't really in a workmode when I got the pills, but I needed to stay up for two days with roughly 1 hr of sleep, (which probably happens like once every few years for me).  It was very effective for that, and I think it increased some awareness but I need to try again in a different setting.

On 11/5/2018 at 6:22 PM, Leo Gura said:

It's certainly possible to take 20 pills at once. I don't do that every day but some days I do. Depends on what I'm planning to do and what I'm in the mood for. Most days I take a smaller batch of like 6-10 essential pills. As you experiment you will discover which ones are most essential for you.

For example, if I'm going to be doing a long day of creative intellectual work I might take the full 20 pill stack. But for most days that's overkill. I'm not gonna take that on a weekend when I'm just chilling.

Is 100 ok?

How much phosphatidylserine do you (Leo or anyone who has tried it) take per day? I did not find that info on the video, maybe I missed it although I tried to look for it.

Edited by Greenbirch

@Greenbirch I take 200mg per day. The reccomended dosage is 200-400mg per day. I get my information from notroopicsexpert.com.