Sahil Pandit

Nootropics Mega-Thread

239 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, omTom said:

I took Lion's Mane, L-Theanine, Sulbutiamine, Alpha GPC, and Pterostilbene. I have more coming soon but this combo worked perfectly for me. 

What brands did you use ?

11 hours ago, Lynnel said:

@Leo Gura

What do you think about Tim Ferris opinion that there is no free biological meal ? That you're burning some ressources faster and the short term benefits do not outweight the long term costs ?

Not everything is a zero-sum game. You gotta try and see.

Some supplements are more like lubrication than a magic pill. Lube works in your car, so why not for your brain?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Several questions :

1) Can we discuss sourcing modafinil ?

2) How can you test if you're allergic to modafinil/armodafinil without taking it orally ? Like make some red skin and rub a bit on it or something ? Or on the inside of your lip ? I read in very rare cases it can give you severe rashes and even if those are really small it can be very dangerous.

3) Is there any test for purity for your modafinil and should you test every batch before you take it as with possibly dangerous psychedelics ?

@omTom Thanks ! 

@Lynnel No discussing drug sourcing on this forum.

Modafinil is readily available to those who care to search.

You can bite off a small crumb from the pill.

I haven't heard of any fake modafinil pills. It's cheap and legit manufactured in India. It comes in factory foil packages.

Guys, can I make anything wrong by stacking a whole bunch of traditional plant-based nootropics on top of each other?

I consider putting together the following stack:

Rhodiola Rosea

Bacopa Monnieri

Lion's Mane Mushroom

Curcumin extract

Ashwagandha

Is it safe to take these all together?  And does it make sense? They all seem to improve very similar aspects (fatigue, brain fog, energy, memory,...) 

Edited by Eonwe5

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You can bite off a small crumb from the pill.

I haven't heard of any fake modafinil pills. It's cheap and legit manufactured in India. It comes in factory foil packages.

The issue is not the pills themselves but your reaction to it.

For instance, take this example of a women in Singapour :

https://www.hsa.gov.sg/content/hsa/en/News_Events/Press_Releases/2018/modafinilskinreactions.html

it is indeed very rare but it can be a life threatening condition.

It's discussed in-depth on longecity also :

https://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/54186-modafinil-induced-skin-rashsjs/

I know I'm most likely hypocondriac for nothing but damnit I never expected something like this when talking about some "rare skin rashes".

Therefore my question of how you can know if it would trigger SJS or something as bad without having to take the jump and rushing at the hospital after the first little rash you see :P

Most medications have a very rare chance of serious side effects.

Life is a risky game. If you except guarantees of safety you're in the wrong place.

@Leo Gura Would you recommend modafinil to those with anxiety? Could it help with overcoming it or aggravate it further?

Thanks!

@BestSelf I recommend you address the root cause of your anxiety. You don't want to depend on modafinil to feel okay.

@Leo Gura I am through shadow work, self acceptance work, and yoga. Was just wondering if it would be a helpful supplement in this specific case or not

@Shan Have you ever tried Vyvanse? 

I'm thinking about trying Modafinil, but I'm scared I will become dependent on it 

Your intuition is your own personal genie.  Learn to trust that infinite intelligence.

@Socrates distill the doses, don't cut it. There is hotspots so you might be taking a higher dose than anticipated. 

Your intuition is your own personal genie.  Learn to trust that infinite intelligence.

@d0ornokey Yeah it sounds a lot like vyvanse (I took it for ADHD). 

You can get so much done on vyvanse, it's actually insane. It has a dopamine release and a stimulating non dirty clear headed focus effect as well. I was addicted to this for years. It sounds very very similar to Modafinil. 

I'm 5 days in with using L-Theanine and solbutiamine. I acknowledge that it may be placebo, but damn I feel calmer and my focus is noticeably improved. Close to effortless focus on breath while meditating, even in noisy environments. This is where the notion of placebo effect has less ground to stand on, as I know my meditation routine very well, and I usually have to sit for ~10 minutes to get my focus dialed in. It's now almost instantaneous when I sit down to meditate. I also feel less inhibited socially.

My sleep seems to be improved as well. How could I have never heard of these substances before this?? Thanks Leo, you magnificent bastard. 

I'm taking 400mg of L-Theanine in the mornings and then 200mg in the evenings. I'm taking 200mg of solbutiamine three days a week (Tue, Sat, Sun). 

Since you are probably going to give your opinion i wanted to say that my main need is to have a better memory since im a med student and i got to learn a lot in a short period of time and it is pretty intense . 

Here is my stack : 

_ Bacopa 

_ Gingko Biloba 

_ Rhodiola ( 1 once vert 2 days ) 

_ L theanine in supplement of my tea every morning 

_ Vitamin D 3 and fish oil 

I hesitate adding : 

_Ginseng ( corean or indian ashwagandha ? ) 

_ Ciltep ( Vitamin B6 , L-Phenylalanine , Alcar , artichoke and forskolin extract ) 

_ Neuro nutrients Solgar ( glutamine , tyrosine , phenylalanine , vitamin c , choline , lécithine , vitamine B2 B1 B3 , PLP , and a little of ginkgo ) 

im almost sure about adding ginseng , and not adding both neuro nutrients and Ciltep . Is Ciltep rly worth it compared to neuronutriments when looking at content and price ?

@Nagma

Gingko and radhiola are both MAOI and maybe shouldn't be taken together. Check that just to be careful.

Ciltep well you need to try it out ;) 

Panax ginseng is the most stimulating, radhiola is bot average on stimulation/relaxation and ashwagandha is relaxing. Your call ;)

I've been recommended to take ginseng in the morning, radhiola at noon and ashwagandha in the evening. So far Ash + radhiola work great and even have a synergistic effect for me.