StardewValley

Green vs Yellow

18 posts in this topic

(I know this is the thousandth time I have asked this)

This is the difference between green and yellow, right?:

Green is basically a religion that wants to convert everyone to itself. It is a hive-mind community.

Yellow wants everyone to reach their true potential even if its below green. Yellow is okay with an orange being orange as long as he is serving a good function for society. Green just wants everyone to dissolve into the community that it creates. The problem is that people cannot express themselves properly if they are all melted into a community. Yellow rejects the community because it values helping people add the greatest value to society possible in their own personal life purpose way. 

It's basically the same as the transition from purple to red. Purple melts everyone into the family so that they cannot express their true potential, and red is reacting to this.

I have permanently locked myself out of my account to force myself to focus on my work. Goodbye.

There's a huge difference between Green and Yellow.  Yellow realizes that nobody owes you shit in life.  Yellow also realizes that what you work on is what you improve in life.  Yellow is all about 100% responsibility for creating the life that you want.  Yellow realizes most people are stupid and lazy.  Any kind of whining at Stage Yellow is eschewed.  If someone is whining, there not at Stage Yellow.  Yellow doesn't whine about their life, they're in control over their life.  Yellow is that much smarter than 90% of people around.  

Green is smart but impractical, which Yellow and then Turquoise remedies.  Green realizes most people are full of shit but hasn't really found their own unique voice yet.  Once Green hits Yellow, Green starts to get their head screwed on tight.  Yellow has the experience to know that reality is a sea of competing interests.  The question is where do I fit into that sea of competing interests for Yellow.  Yellow doesn't whine, Yellow pragmatically tries to solve their own problems and also starts to see the Thinking Big element of Life Purpose Work by trying to help others.  Yellow has an abundance to their personal development where they can really start to help others.

I think what separates Yellow from most people is Yellow is 10 steps ahead of most people.  Yellow sees most of the ways that people are full of shit.  Yellow sees problems before they become big.  Yellow sees the limitations of Green.  Talk and openeness have their limitations.  Yellow realizes the relevant question is what are you doing in this scene.  Are you trapped or are you strategically moving your piece.  Yellow is not trapped.  Yellow is strategically moving their piece in life.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor If what you've described is yellow, then what is orange? Isn't orange about being responsible for your own wealth?

Is it that orange gets trapped in the waves of society, while yellow is moving its piece strategically in search of freedom?

Edited by StardewValley

I have permanently locked myself out of my account to force myself to focus on my work. Goodbye.

Grow up, people. Let the categorization for the dormant to fight about it. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

2 minutes ago, Hellspeed said:

Grow up, people. Let the categorization for the dormant to fight about it. 

I think its time that I stop being a spiral dynamics zombie. I'm probably not the kind of person that should be studying it in the first place. I should let myself naturally flow and move up the spiral without actually being aware of it. 

19 minutes ago, StardewValley said:

@Joseph Maynor If what you've described is yellow, then what is orange? Isn't orange about being responsible for your own wealth?

Is it that orange gets trapped in the waves of society, while yellow is moving its piece strategically in search of freedom?

Orange is much more shallow than Yellow.  Orange is like a myopic Yellow.  Yellow sees through Orange and Green and realizes that your life isn't reducible to anything.  In fact, your life is the center of everything.  Ok, so we start from that premise at Yellow that your life is the center of everything.  This is something that Stage Green is too falsely modest to admit, but it's true.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor I think I would benefit more from practical steps to take. There must be a reason why I'm having so much trouble understanding the spiral (aside from the fact that I'm probably deeply stage green).

21 minutes ago, StardewValley said:

@Joseph Maynor I think I would benefit more from practical steps to take. There must be a reason why I'm having so much trouble understanding the spiral (aside from the fact that I'm probably deeply stage green).

Ok.  Good question.  Orange to Green came to me because I had some things that were wrong with me in my sophomore year in high school that made me sympathize with the underdog.  And I also realized that I would fight for the underdog.  And I think this is essential to Green.  You have to identify with the underdog to some extent to be Green.  If you can't do this, you're not at Green.  It's almost like Green is born with the potential for a super empathy that can be extended to others because they know that they are flawed themselves.  Orange doesn't acknowledge their flaws, they choose to ignore them.  Orange is not open about their flaws, they hide them.  Green will admit their flaws.  Green is much more conscious than Orange.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

7 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Ok.  Good question.  Orange to Green came to me because I had some things that were wrong with me that made me sympathize with the underdog. 

For me it was a scary experience. I don't want anyone to go through the thing I went through on that day. 

12 minutes ago, StardewValley said:

For me it was a scary experience. I don't want anyone to go through the thing I went through on that day. 

I had an English teacher in 10th grade in high school where I realized, I'm a liberal.  In that class, I realized that I'm a liberal.  Green has to have something like that.  There's gotta be something that kinda turns you into a liberal.  If you never realized you're a liberal, you've never made it to Green.  Am I a liberal today?  No, because I'm at Stage Coral not Green.  But I had to pass through Green see.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

14 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I had an English teacher in 10th grade in high school where I realized, I'm a liberal.  In that class, I realized that I'm a liberal.  Green has to have something like that.  There's gotta be something that kinda turns you into a liberal.  If you never realized you're a liberal, you've never made it to Green.  Am I a liberal today?  No, because I'm at Stage Coral not Green.  But I had to pass through Green see.

I don't know that much about politics; I just put my faith in whoever I feel has good intentions. However these are my views:

Gay marriage triggers me (I think it's a perversion) and forcing the rich to pay more triggers me (why should they have to give up the money they rightfully earned?).

I think there should be more compassion for criminals; I hate how its hard to get hired if you have a criminal record. Also there should be compassion for them because they can't help the fact that they're criminals. There should be amnesty for them.

I think healthcare and college should be free for everybody.

Edited by StardewValley

8 minutes ago, StardewValley said:

forcing the rich to pay more triggers me (why should they have to give up the money they rightfully earned?).

What is your balance between wellness for the individual and overall wellness for society?

For example: if 100 billionaires “rightfully earned” 99% of a nation’s wealth such that 90% of the populaton was starving in poverty - would you support forcing those 100 billionaires to pay higher taxes?

3 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

What is your balance between wellness for the individual and overall wellness for society?

For example: if 100 billionaires “rightfully earned” 99% of a nations wealth such that 90% of the populaton was starving in poverty - would you support forcing those 100 people to pay higher taxes?

I don't feel qualified to make this decision. If you forced me to pick, though, I would probably let the 90% starve. It's the billionares' choice whether they want to help or not; I shouldn't force anyone to make a moral decision.

However, I have never been in poverty. Before I feel qualified to make this decision, I would have to spend time being very poor. I want to know physically and mentally how it feels to be starving. 

10 minutes ago, StardewValley said:

I don't feel qualified to make this decision. If you forced me to pick, though, I would probably let the 90% starve. It's the billionares' choice whether they want to help or not; I shouldn't force anyone to make a moral decision.

However, I have never been in poverty. Before I feel qualified to make this decision, I would have to spend time being very poor. I want to know physically and mentally how it feels to be starving. 

Ok, to take it one step further. . . Imagine if one person had 100% of the wealth in the world such that everyone else - 7 billion people - were starving to death. IMO, a blue/orange position is untenable at extremes.

Developing relative thinking and empathy helps, yet I think one can work through that view rationally as well.

@Serotoninluv In that case, I should be spending time with different kinds of people. Rich, poor, gay, different countries, etc.

3 minutes ago, StardewValley said:

@Serotoninluv In that case, I should be spending time with different kinds of people. Rich, poor, gay, different countries, etc.

That’s what helped me. I was a rational scientist for most of my life. Transitioning to green was really uncomfortable for me at times.

@Serotoninluv Yes, I've read your story on another thread (I forget which one). You used to teach your students why ghosts are an irrational idea, and now you take time in your classes for your students to meditate and stuff. I don't remember what changed you but I remember how you changed.