Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
deci belle

Inevitability defines Situations

38 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, deci belle said:

At least you know how to argue❤︎

As for "getting it", not so much.

IME, the awakening I speak of is more valuable than my 20+ years of buddhist study and meditation. 

It lies prior to the words. Let go of the words.

Yawn… how many years is nonorigination, hmmmm?

Just try letting go of this thread, mr 20+ zazen man.

Betcha can't…

But do try— it would be good practice for one such as you who didn't know that he was looking for an argument and didn't know it.

I did— and told you so, but you denied it.

pfffff… buddhist study indeed.

Nana i ke kumu  Ka imi loa

20 minutes ago, deci belle said:

Yawn… how many years is nonorigination, hmmmm?

Just try letting go of this thread, mr 20+ zazen man.

Betcha can't…

But do try— it would be good practice for one such as you who didn't know that he was looking for an argument and didn't know it.

I did— and told you so, but you denied it.

pfffff… buddhist study indeed.

My personality, life history and intention is irrelevant. Don’t get distacted by that. Focusing on that is part of the trap. 

It is prior to all that.

Whew~ and that, folks, was a situation — too bad for mr "prior to that".

The pattern of inevitability is the basis of enlightening activity's transcendent function whereby its responsitivity has no dependence on conditions. This is because selfless response springs from the essential nature of the situation itself, not admitting one's own power.

The situation, being bound by karmic evolution, is a mass of fire with nothing for one's nonpsychological awareness to discriminate outside the inherent potential of the aware energy constituting the formal. This is a way to describe the operation of turning the light around.

The basis of situations is itself the means to develop one's ability to transcend situations; one by one.

It's kinda like feeling lucky— lucky to be alive, in that it just turns out that way, again.

There is just no knowing beforehand. So "full-blown clairvoyance" is like a fascination with clouds. It is simply more ephemeral phenomena. Big whoop (if one's intent is being through with the world). The world is all there is. For one to entertain such notions of separateness, hell is the world such a one is already living in. What other world could there be?

Since there is nothing to know anyway, one simply has to find the gumption to arrive at the heart of immediacy by a constant mindfulness of perpetual clarification of personal and impersonal views. Arising is accompanied by observation, and keeping a constant unbroken subtle continuity of attention to the coming and going of potential in terms of the situation, is turning the light around and following it back to its source to rest in the highest good.

Attain the climax of emptiness

preserve the utmost quiet:

as myriad things act in concert,

I thereby observe the return.

The only difference between watching over the aperture of the Mysterious Female and not watching is …watching.

Obviously, seeing is the critical aspect of enlightening response.

So subtle observation of the incipience of movement (or not) of mind is paramount in developing the capacity for transcending the movement of time(s). The mechanism is in the eyes. Again, it is simply a matter of seeing. Seeing is itself reality; the contents of perception is literally immaterial.

Coming and going isn't in things: it's Mind. Yet Mind is that which has no coming and going. Sensing potential is the nature of seeing brought to bear in terms of the effective clarification of Mind, which is said to be the culmination of stillness, which has no such stillness. This is said in the same sense as any illuminate who says that true emptiness isn't empty.

Seeing's correlate is potential. Being the same, these are the substance and function of taoist Complete Reality and buddhist Suchness, which is neither created nor uncreated; temporal nor absolute. It is your own mind right now. In terms of the unattributable, these are its knowledge; formlessly, selflessly without beginning or remainder. This is the heart of subtle operation.

The valley spirit not dying

is called the Mysterious Female.

The opening of the Mysterious Female

is called the root of heaven and earth.

Continuous, on the brink of existence,

to put it into practice its use is not forced.

It takes situations to illustrate the course of adaption which is simply a matter of seeing knowledge.  In seeing knowledge, there is nothing else to do except take the bumps and spills of sensory and psychological awareness by virtue of having a body. Jesus wasn't any different (ouch!!). Yet such a one as he ascended into heaven in broad daylight— that's a taoist term that long ago passed into the folk vernacular of ancient China. Do you suppose so many people of yore have ascended into heaven in broad daylight? Who would suppose to doubt it?

There is a term used in alchemy: the body outside the body. First of all, the body outside the body is a function, not a thing. Yet there is a body outside the body for those who, having seen their nature, are availed of by further advanced self-refinement. Secondly, it is more of one not having a body at all than it is of having another body outside of one's material body (not that the double isn't able to be conjured). It is.

There have been all kinds of occult cultivation throughout the ages conjuring up this body outside the body.

The highest teachings are pure simplicity itself.

Whether the situation is in terms of the microcosmic, macrocosmic, or cosmic, there is no thing.

Arrive at this no thing in all situations, times, places, events and people, and the homeland of nothing whatsoever is yours forever. Do you suppose there would be so much to do there? What is there to do here?

ed note: add "is turning the light around and following it back to its source to rest in the highest good" to 5th paragraph; add colon in 10th paragraph; fix last quote

Edited by deci belle

The words point to that which cannot be explained. Don’t get caught up on words. They are just a pointer. 

The reason I’m hammering this point is because it’s one of the biggest traps.

The ol' Justin Hammer fake-out? (Iron Man 2 villain/salesman reference)

1 minute ago, i am I AM said:

The ol' Justin Hammer fake-out? (Iron Man 2 villain/salesman reference)

???

12 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

IME, the awakening I speak of is more valuable than my 20+ years of buddhist study and meditation. 

It lies prior to the words. Let go of the words.

How does awakening feel like roughly? Do you still see 'objects'?

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@deci belle Usually, if I have that sort of feeling is when I try to express something and I can't. Then, I say that it's on the tip of my tongue.
Now, with your posts - I kind of feel like that, but they are on the tip of my ear. I understand what you're saying, but not quite.
They resonate with me, but I can't understand how and I usually don't have any sensible questions to ask (it may very well be the case this time as well).

I think that it would help if you said something more about potential and how it relates to inevitability of how situations unfold.
Is potential karmic (cyclic)?  Is not-doing related to surrendering?

I think that the greatest difficulty in communicating with you stems from your rigorous use of terms that you never explain in 'ordinary' language.
I understand that nothing can ever be defined, but your words do not bring clarity to me. They are more like an invitation?

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

1 hour ago, Preetom said:

How does awakening feel like roughly? Do you still see 'objects'?

I’m not using the term as an “absolute” awakening. Rather that there are various genres of awakening experiences. 

The one I referred to above was in the “ego-death” genre of awakening. All ego, self, language, thoughts, concepts, ideas, meaning etc. were removed. The entire story of who I am dissolved and there was no “me”. There was still object perception, yet the relationship with the object was completely different. 

I could get all conceptual about nonduality, the illusory self, no-self and cut-and-paste pages of Buddhist text. All that stuff is great as a supportive framework for the direct experience. Yet, years of conceptualizing and a hundred books of theory can’t compare to the direct experience. It’s like direct experience “knowing” is in a container of conceptual “knowng”. A container of conceptual knowledge without direct expience is like an empty closed container. It lacks the substance of true direct experience substance. It lacks fullness and appears very shallow to me. As well, I’ve found that direct experience can shatter attachment to ideology and open a person up to wonder and curiosity to explore.

@Serotoninluv I understand the dilemma of concepts that you explained. But nevertheless, could you elaborate of this a bit more?

5 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

All ego, self, language, thoughts, concepts, ideas, meaning etc. were removed. The entire story of who I am dissolved and there was no “me”.

Is there anything left after that?

5 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

There was still object perception, yet the relationship with the object was completely different. 

Could you elaborate on this? What was this new relationship like as opposed to the conventional relationship?

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

2 hours ago, Preetom said:

@Serotoninluv I understand the dilemma of concepts that you explained. But nevertheless, could you elaborate of this a bit more?

Is there anything left after that?

Could you elaborate on this? What was this new relationship like as opposed to the conventional relationship?

It is the direct experience of the magnificence of reality. 

There is just no knowing beforehand. So "full-blown clairvoyance" is like a fascination with clouds. It is simply more ephemeral phenomena. Big whoop (if one's intent is being through with the world).

So to transcend myriad karmic cycles isn't a matter of knowing knowledge. It is all just one's own virtue developed in the course of self-refinement that partakes of virtue's natural resonance in potential, the immaterial essence of creation. One, in fact, does not enter into doing. This is the meaning of freedom from karmic evolution. Abiding in subtle observation and gradual clarification of one's basis in Complete Reality, all thing are as they are: open, untrammeled, void of cause; a pristine result ever present and ever-ready in perpetuity.

As for arriving at cessation of fascination with states of mundane and transmundane characteristics… one simply stops.

How wonderful that the recreational philosophers have camped out on this thread!

Just because there's nothing to understand, it seems that off-topic discussion (started by a moderator no less) is appropriate.

Reminds me of the Dao Bums forum …sigh

If one enters into the immaterial essence of creation, isn't off-topic simply the best topic?

9 minutes ago, deci belle said:

As for arriving at cessation of fascination with states of mundane and transmundane characteristics… one simply stops.

The insight itself is complete action that puts an ending to that conditioned compulsion/habit. 

One Zen monk, Bokuju, was passing through a street in a village. Somebody came and struck him

with a stick. He fell down, and with him, the stick also. He got up and picked up the stick. The man

who had hit him was running away. Bokuju ran after him, calling, ”Wait, take your stick with you!” He

followed after him and gave him the stick.

A crowd had gathered to see what was happening, and

somebody asked Bokuju, ”That man struck you hard, and you have not said anything!”

Bokuju is reported to have said, ”A fact is a fact. He has hit, that’s all. It happened that he was the

hitter and I was the hit. It is just as if I am passing under a tree, or sitting under a tree, and a branch

falls down. What will I do? What can I do.

Bokuju said, ”This man to me is also just a branch. And if I cannot say anything to the tree, why

should I bother to say anything to this man? It happened. I am not going to interpret what has

happened. And it has already happened. Why get worried about it? It is finished, over.”

10 hours ago, i am I AM said:

If one enters into the immaterial essence of creation, isn't off-topic simply the best topic?

THIS!!

The distinction between topic and off-topic is arbitrary and the collapse of that distinction is Inevitable :P 

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''