Lynnel

What are some apps that you're using regularly ?

19 posts in this topic

I've been thinking about how apps can be very useful for your overall productivity and in life in general.

What apps are you using the most often ? Do you have any good calendar apps to recommend for android/pc ?

I feel this infrastructe aspect is quite underdiscussed here and it might be quite useful.

@Lynnel IFTTT (If this, then that) This app allows me to set alerts for myself at certain times of the day. For example, I have set up an alert at 1pm, a text, that i get from the app asking something along the lines of, "Am i optimizing my time?" Also, i have an alert at 9pm to "Do your night reflection".

Its a very handy tool if you want to regulate yourself daily!

Check out the To Do App called "MinimaList" - try it for a few days and see how you like it.

You can also try Trello and EverNote. 

I use Oak as a meditation reminder and tracker of my progress. It has an awesome feature where it shows your current and best meditation streak (days in a row meditated) and also shows the total hours you’ve meditated. It has guided meditations, guided loving kindness mediations, and guided breathing exercises.

It really is the most practical app I’ve come across for doing personal development.

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” ― Meister Eckhart,

Insight Timer is the only personal development app (it's a meditation app) that I use right now, but I'm open to more. 

Is there an app that will generate a given number of random reminder beeps throughout the day to promote mindfulness?

DI.FM

Sometimes, hearing good music helps to chill and focus ^_^

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Check out Forest. Its a timer that you set from 5 minutes to 2 hours and it grows a tree as you complete the time. The catch its that your not supposed to leave the app for distractions (like answering messages or watching youtube/instagram), if you do, the tree dies and the timer stops so you have to start over. Every session you complete you earn coins and with the coins you can buy limited edition trees. Good for studying or being productive for a period of time 

@Lynnel i touch my smartphone 4~5 time in a day, just to check if someone needs me on whatsapp.

when it comes down to schedules, i like to exercise my memory.

unborn Truth

Cannot recommend Habitica Enough for tasks, habits, to-dos and daily activities. I must have been using it for 2+ years now. Gamified Task Manager. It's great. 

A better note taker than Evernote: Notion. I use both app and laptop app. 

Moment - Helps me reduce my screen time. 

Hold - A great app, only for students though, where the longer you go without your phone = the more points you can rack up. Spend points on a range of real-life prizes.

I guess I often use instagram. I go there every day, look through the tape. Not long ago, I decided to look for a way to get more instagram followers. Found not a bad service. The advantage is that real people subscribe to you, not bots. I know this is cheating. But in my opinion, this is not so bad, since I can still communicate with people and subscribers.

I use NewPipie (android) to make any youtube video into a audiobook. It plays the audio of any youtube video in the background. Google it.

I use "Desktop calendar"

Just do Win+D and you've got an interactable calendar that you can write stuff on.

I use this on my MacBook (portable notebook)

It fulfills all my needs of a calendar

Mostly google apps:

• Google keep is the most frequently used for to-do lists that are active for around a week or so. I usually collaborate on those.
  • Google calendar with events that come up that I need to be notified about. I sometimes send out invitations for events.
  • Google photos is my gallery.
  • Forrest for productivity as @moon777light mentioned.

I think that more advanced apps with a lot of functionality are generally not worth the effort to learn. 
I used to use tasker for automatic SMS responses for missed calls, but nowadays I have not much use for it.
Social media are facebook and instagram, but I very rarely use them. Reddit is my time sink.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

The Goodreads app is great, gives me a place to store my digital library and “shelf them” according to subject. You can also track all the books you have read. 

Hoopla is a free audible like app that I set up the account from the local library. Tons of audible and digital books. 

I had to change phones I can't get the actualized. Org app on my phone I can't find it anywhere on the new phone

I highly recommend Trello and Onenote. I have all linked between my PC, Ipad, and phone. It has made a huge difference in my overall productivity and learning. I am building a lot more focus and and I find that each thing allows me to be really in tune with what I am wanting to do. 

On 22/10/2018 at 0:30 PM, PsiloPutty said:

Insight Timer

I second this

Onenote, Todoist and Google Calendar too.

cold turkey to limit mindless internet surfing time

facebook news eradicator 

DF Tube for youtube - only allows you to look at you subscriptions on youtube to stop mindless streaming

dictionary look up words- enhance my vocabulary

(none of these are apps they are all  chrome extensions but same same)

Edited by andyjohnsonman

Anyone know of some high consciousness apps?

That's not simply meditation. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?