MM1988

Stretching exercises for Maha Mudra

5 posts in this topic

Anybody know which strechting exercises one can do to do maha mudra properly? I have two problems

1. I cant bend forward without bending my knee

2. I cant put my heel between my ballsack and asshole and still keep the foot straight so that I have room to put the other foot forward. I have my heel a bit in frontnot touching me.

@MM1988 hi, I have never been able to bend over and touch my toes my whole life. My hamstrings are just super tight and rigid. But this would be an excercise for Maha mudra to help loosen those up.

I also can't do maha mudra without bending the knee, but the theory is that if you do it enough even with bending knee, the body will eventually respond correctly. 

Another stretch I do is throw one leg up on a table, the higher the better, and then lower your butt slowly and stretch all that out while your opposite leg bends. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

@MM1988 From the sound of things, you may have tight hamstrings. A good stretch for lengthening your hamstrings is called "Good Mornings".

Try those for a few days without weight, and then see if you notice a difference. 

An advanced version would be doing it without any knee bend, but don't try to be too rigid on yourself. Let the body move how it wants. 

Banded-Good-Morning.jpg

@MM1988 listen to your body. Your thinking too much in the mind. If you need a bent knee you need a bent knee. That's where your at. Keep practicing. These things cannot be forced and if they are, you'll learn the hard way through injury. 

Just doing the maha mudra worked for me. It's like in weight lifting; the best way to get better at a certain lift is to do the lift, not by doing similar lifts. 

The road to God is paved with bliss.