Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheSomeBody

why buddha taught his teaching?

15 posts in this topic

why buddha taught his teaching? he needs a meaning/ purpose? 

after he got enlighted he new that teaching doesnt have a cosmic value. what made his do that?

have ADHD? click here if you want to treat it

5 hours ago, Shiva said:

If you realize that everything is just a joke, why not laugh?

it is pretty hard to compare laugh with teaching milions for the rest of your life

I read in the Book of not knowing that it was because he thought "maybe" someone would get it.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

9 minutes ago, TheSomeBody said:

after he got enlighted he new that teaching doesnt have a cosmic value. what made his do that?

The Buddha taught not because of meaning or purpose or cosmic value.  The Buddha was not made or caused to teach.  It was simply play.  The play involved sharing his experience and insights to see if it could increase happiness and end suffering.  He was not sure it could be taught.

Your question is actually quite similar to a Zen koan...why did the bearded barbarian come from West?  This is in reference to Bodhidharma, the founder of Zen Buddhism, going to China from India.  Why did Bodhidharma go to China?  You are going the wrong way if you keep trying to assign egoic reasons for needing to do something.  Rather, the answer is simply that...when it rains, water flows downhill.

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

5 hours ago, Shin said:

I read in the Book of not knowing that it was because he thought "maybe" someone would get it.

why he cared?

5 hours ago, Shiva said:

Actually no, if you know an awesome joke, you want to tell everyone. 

so buddha had desires? 

5 hours ago, eputkonen said:

The Buddha taught not because of meaning or purpose or cosmic value.  The Buddha was not made or caused to teach.  It was simply play.  The play involved sharing his experience and insights to see if it could increase happiness and end suffering.  He was not sure it could be taught.

Your question is actually quite similar to a Zen koan...why did the bearded barbarian come from West?  This is in reference to Bodhidharma, the founder of Zen Buddhism, going to China from India.  Why did Bodhidharma go to China?  You are going the wrong way if you keep trying to assign egoic reasons for needing to do something.  Rather, the answer is simply that...when it rains, water flows downhill.

but they had a will to teach.

it is not like they just live their life and people started asking them stuff.

5 minutes ago, TheSomeBody said:

but they had a will to teach.

it is not like they just live their life and people started asking them stuff.

If a child is playing being a reporter with a stick as a microphone and asks you a question into a stick and moves the stick to you for an answer...the child had a will to seek you out and ask you questions...but it is still play.  Not for any purpose or reason.

Why do you assume that my answer implies being far more passive...just living life and people started asking them questions?

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

26 minutes ago, Shiva said:

If you realize that everything is just a joke, why not laugh?

the buddha taught something highly desired among serious spiritual seekers during his lifetime.

he did teach about causation, explaining the mechanics of what people called "reincarnation", even though he said that no separated entity reincarnates.

he did teach about the mechanics of the experience of Reality, trying to explain the flaw behind the matter/spirit duality that was very popular.

but the most important part of his teachings was the path to experience enlightenment without the need for beliefs.

there was no joke involved.

32 minutes ago, TheSomeBody said:

after he got enlighted he new that teaching doesnt have a cosmic value.

very very slow now.

the buddha taught about letting go of egoic desires so that you could finally be serious about investigating yourself. there's nothing wrong with creating a meaning for yourself. the mistake lies behind believing that there is a fundamental meaning and suffering because of that. during his last minutes, he asks vehemently if anyone had any final question for him. nobody had the courage to ask him anything at that moment and then he died.

you see... he was actually very concerned about his teachings because he was aware of how deep in the human "mindsphere" they would penetrate. that's why we still benefit from them 2600 years after his death. he understood causation thus he could comprehend the karma of his wisdom. it does have a cosmic value.

but aja, we're too small in the universe!

it depends! if we zoom out, we're infinitely insignificant. but if we zoom in, we're infinitely colossal!

unborn Truth

22 minutes ago, TheSomeBody said:

why he cared?

Why not ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Sharing freedom doesn’t come from desire. There is no “why should I” that determined action. There is no reason that determined action. The action of truth is intelligence and that intelligence feels responsible to act. It’s not that we choose to do anything. That’s the point we don’t choose. Intelligence does what is does. 

Edited by Jack River

This is what I have heard according to my studies.

After the buddha's enlightenment, he was tempted to not teach because his discovery was so profound that the masses would not understand.

However, he realized that even if not everybody could understand. SOME PEOPLE WILL. And that is worth it.

I read this in Walpola Rahula's 

"What the buddha taught" 

A great read for those who want the essence of buddhism

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

6 minutes ago, Adam M said:

However, he realized that even if not everybody could understand. SOME PEOPLE WILL. And that is worth it.

Same as now dude. Like 1 % seem to even listen. 

9 hours ago, ajasatya said:

the buddha taught something highly desired among serious spiritual seekers during his lifetime.

he did teach about causation, explaining the mechanics of what people called "reincarnation", even though he said that no separated entity reincarnates.

he did teach about the mechanics of the experience of Reality, trying to explain the flaw behind the matter/spirit duality that was very popular.

but the most important part of his teachings was the path to experience enlightenment without the need for beliefs.

there was no joke involved.

very very slow now.

the buddha taught about letting go of egoic desires so that you could finally be serious about investigating yourself. there's nothing wrong with creating a meaning for yourself. the mistake lies behind believing that there is a fundamental meaning and suffering because of that. during his last minutes, he asks vehemently if anyone had any final question for him. nobody had the courage to ask him anything at that moment and then he died.

you see... he was actually very concerned about his teachings because he was aware of how deep in the human "mindsphere" they would penetrate. that's why we still benefit from them 2600 years after his death. he understood causation thus he could comprehend the karma of his wisdom. it does have a cosmic value.

but aja, we're too small in the universe!

it depends! if we zoom out, we're infinitely insignificant. but if we zoom in, we're infinitely colossal!

in the cosmus we are nothing, out feeling doesnt matter so it doesnt ...

8 hours ago, Adam M said:

After the buddha's enlightenment, he was tempted to not teach because his discovery was so profound that the masses would not understand.

"What the buddha taught" 

but if he wants to make someone understand it means that he have a meaning in his discovery

8 hours ago, Adam M said:

"What the buddha taught" 

so the discovey had meaning for him

The lack of personal psychological measure is compassion or responsibility. The alone do not choose to act. Love acts on its own. Love is action dudes. 

Edited by Jack River