Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
herghly

Are psychic abilities real?

21 posts in this topic

I've read a few of the books on LEOS list on PSI. But, it still seems all vague. If they are real  what can they really do?

Yes.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

The possibilities are infinite really. 

From influencing any living thing to x-ray vision per example. 

Infinity would not be infinity without psychic powers.

Its another story if any person has experienced psychic powers.

I'm a psychic myself if you are a woman I'm willing to prove it to you if you are down to it, I'll not waste my time with a guy :) 

@herghly If they were real, why isnt there empirical evidence? It would be very easy to test it. 

Here is a "psychic" that explains how he tricked a bunch of scientists in the lab into believing he had real powers - 

45 minutes ago, Matt8800 said:

@herghly If they were real, why isnt there empirical evidence? It would be very easy to test it. 

I’ve pondered this at times. It would seem very easy to test: just get some Zenner Cards and see if someone’s predictions are statistically significant. Yet, there are complications and unconscious biases. Scientists want to play by their rational, objective terms. They want to control the setting and can be closed-minded to what qualifies as a positive result.

A few things to consider:

1. Paranormal abilities like hyper-intuition and clairvoyance could be poorly evolved and developed. Consider that millions of years ago, our eyesight was poorly developed. We could only process light vs dark and poorly formed objects as shadows. Would it have been fair test for the ability to see by today’s standards of eye charts and color tests? Similarly, intuition, clairvoyance etc. may be poorly developed. Rather than being able to predict lottery numbers, clairvoyance may look more like having a “hunch” you are going to run into an old friend you haven’t seen in years.

2. Setting. Scientists love controlled, cold settings that remove all the subjective squeezy stuff. Yet, can this bias the results? A few of my students think they may have some paranormal abilities. We’ve tried Zenner Cards. There are five cards, each with a different shape. I’ve found students that think they might have paranormal abilities do far worse with Zenner Cards when working with a skeptical scientist. They do far better when working with someone open-minded that wants to connect with them. They do even better when working with someone supportive whom they already have a connection with.

3. Setting the standard for empirical positive results. One time I picked the card with squiggly lines - which looked like running water to me. I sat stone-faced and imagined myself relaxing by a river in peace. I made sure to have neutral body position with no facial expressions. The student said, “I sense you laying down in nature by water gazing at the stars”. She guessed the star card. This gets scored as a “wrong” guess in the quantification. Yet, is it truly “wrong”? Yes, by one perspective - No by another perspective. 

4. I think most scientists are too closed-minded about experimental design and what we are testing for. Years from now, we will look back and laugh at the silly beliefs of scientists in this area - just like we laugh at how years ago scientists believed a fully-formed tiny human was in sperm and the woman’s egg merely provided nourishment for the tiny human to grow.

5. When a person’s spiritual pursuits go deep enough, they often begin to have direct experience in paranormal gray areas and their perspective changes.

I would imagine anybody who is super in tune with their paranormal powers would try and keep it on a low profile. 

Everything you can or can't think of is real ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

4 hours ago, Hellspeed said:

I'm a psychic myself if you are a woman I'm willing to prove it to you if you are down to it, I'll not waste my time with a guy :) 

Just curious, why not guys? I have always wanted to see for myself if these powers are real. I am very willing to believe, but I always felt I needed direct experience

Edited by Mafortu

15 minutes ago, Mafortu said:

Just curious, why not guys? I have always wanted to see for myself if these powers are real. I am very willing to believe, but I always felt I needed direct experience

Because you can't pay with your vagina,

Obviously.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

On 10/21/2018 at 1:55 PM, Shin said:

Because you can't pay with your vagina,

Obviously.

HAHAHA

It's Love.

On 21.10.2018 at 7:39 PM, Mafortu said:

Because the process is very intimate, parent/child bonding or even deeper. So for me, if you are not my brother or my father or a very close friend, or enemy, that's why. To show someone it entails Tantra, an orgasmic process. 

Edited by Hellspeed