Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wouter

life purpose found: planning the trajectory, fears and uncertainty

1 post in this topic

I have found a life-purpose: deepening people's consciousness work with neurofeedback.

My current situation is the following: 21  years old, in the last year of a master's degree in physics. I do my master thesis on neuroscience from a complex systems viewpoint (=physics-like study of semi-real-world systems (such as the brain))

What gives me confidence that it is a good life purpose for me:

I always was deeply interested in things like philosophy, theoretical physics, personal development, and spirituality. I also love on the one hand psychology (I find myself drawn to this books in the library), and on the other hand: mathematics, patterns, statistics and so on.

Neurofeedback for consciousness work could combine this all and create tangible benefits (growth in consciousness) for other people.

What are my fears, doubts uncertainties?

Mainly the regret that I did't study psychology from the beginning. I try to calm myself by saying that I am still very young and so on.
Besides that, the fact that neurofeedback might not be as powerfull as I think it is.

What is my plan?

I am tired of being a student and not earning a living myself.My current plan is the following:

I will get a partime job next year, either via a small online sales business or as a data analyst or as a math tutor.
In the meantime I will get a degree in psychology  degree   (mainly a time investment, studying is cheap in my country), and start becoming moreconsistent (starting 20 minutes a day) in my own meditation practice.

Any feedback, advice,questions, thoughts?

@Leo Gura any advice based on your neurofeedback-experiments?

Edited by Wouter