non_nothing

I can't really motivate towards/around earning money

21 posts in this topic

Whats up everybody.

This have been stuck inside me for a looong time if not since childhood that I don't really want to do something just for the solely purposes of earning money.

So that in my brain has developed a way to escape this with this reasonable approach : I have minimized my all needs / dependencies on other people (e.g. unnecessary foods, unnecessary technology etc) and I produce a lot of things on my own whatever i can (e.g. I plant and raise my own groceries and 3d prints parts that i need etc)

Why I open this thread now? You may ask, yeah when life hits you hard and you need a lot money at the moment (i.e me) that you gotta kick your own ass and go towards making it. There's no other way for me right now (it wasn't since.)

This besides, you may ask why did I stole your time? I think this might be a problem of mine. I see this as a problem. And I can't really figure this out guys. Why I can't be motivated towards making money. Or why I don't like the idea of having lot of money.

Any help would greatly appreciated at this time of my life. Thanks.

@non_nothing

I would examine your relationship to money. What do you believe about it?

Do you believe making money is unconscious or not spiritual? Do you think it’s impossible for you to make money? Did your parents fight about money growing up? What are your best and worst experiences around money?

It’s likely that you’ve got an unconscious story that’s stopping you from making money. See if you can bring awareness to what that story is.

Also, I would challenege yourself to read something like The Millionaire Booklet by Grant Cardone. Notice when and where resistance pops up when reading that. That will give you clues.

Do stuff you like doing and get paid while doing so. Problem solved.

I think there are many people who do not like to work ONLY for money. There are other drives behind it. Expectations from society, family & friends in particular. A feeling of doing something meaningful. Validation. Pursuing a path in your life.

For example, you could start growing more food and sell it to people. Or sell those 3d prints you make.

Make sure you are not seeing it from a blue perspective, that would destroy you. I have this problem myself, but I still live with parents, and I dont need to hurry in that direction... I will probably solve this by developing my life purpose. (which might be more complex than you think it is, when you first think about it)

12 hours ago, aurum said:

@non_nothing

I would examine your relationship to money. What do you believe about it?

Do you believe making money is unconscious or not spiritual? Do you think it’s impossible for you to make money? Did your parents fight about money growing up? What are your best and worst experiences around money?

It’s likely that you’ve got an unconscious story that’s stopping you from making money. See if you can bring awareness to what that story is.

Also, I would challenege yourself to read something like The Millionaire Booklet by Grant Cardone. Notice when and where resistance pops up when reading that. That will give you clues.

@aurum 1. I would examine your relationship to money

Thank you.

2.What do you believe about it?

2.1 Money is a unit that has property of having a chance to make a human being do whatever. This chance is directly proportional to the amount of money. 

2.2 This property had been exploited to make human beings that we call slaves. In the modern society, slavery does still exists yet in an another form called banks/loans/mortgage etc. the same thing another way.

2.3 Then we could say that with intuition, with this property exploits a human's time on earth. Slaves offer their limited time on this earth for money.

2.4 Thus this is where I conclude to: I have many exciting things to do yet I don't want to spend my time thinking about my finance. 

2.4.1 Thus I can twist and limit my needs/dependencies to others who uses the money-system. i.e If I don't need to depend on others, I can spend my limited-time on this earth to do things I want to do.

2.4.2 Having interests around discovering the nature of the world, seeing how universe laws work (e.g. physics, chemistry, the math as language etc) which is almost totally free from money/system (unless at some point you need to gather resources and materials iron/wood etc) which is OKAY/reasonably, that's where the trading kicks in (basically where it had been kicked in back in the history)

2.4.2.1 I want to also point out that there's even a better approach that you might go and find your own resources. This is optional. This is challenging too also. Within this you don't depend on money/system. But I find and give a little exception here that this might consume a lot of my limited/time/on/earth so this rare case is the exception that I'm totally okay when it comes to money/system.

3. Do you believe making money is unconscious or not spiritual?

I don't really think because there're a lot of paths. You can be spiritual and make the money your core gem. I don't really feel relating this question that much. I can be spiritual and make money. These two things sound so distinct to me.

4. Do you think it’s impossible for you to make money?

Yes. I don't even have desires to even apply some law of attraction thing around money. It's like I have zero, even worst than zero desire to imagine/dream about getting money.

5. Did your parents fight about money growing up?

Yes yet still we are having financial situations time to time.

6.What are your best and worst experiences around money?

6.1 Best experience is that I got this high/salary/engineering job within my 3rd world-they-call country.

6.2 Worst experience is that I had unpaid debts to banks and that they blocked my bank accounts and so on. I was unable to pay it for months if not half a year,

6.3 A childhood worst experience that I remember was that once when I was a child around 10. We went to my aunt's place at one summer. We stayed there for one or two weeks. My aunt and her husband are like super rich. Their place was far away from our home so that we first went there by bus. Before we arrive there my mom had a talk on phone with my aunt that we were going to stay there until they leave and they would drop us to our home (they had 3 or more houses so they were going to a home that was on our route so). I born with asthma and got it over after my teenage years. At their place my asthma went bad and we needed my medicines which was expensive and the nearest pharmacy was like far away. But my aunt's husband was going to his factory that he had owned and my aunt told him to buy the medicine that I needed. Anyways he did buy and returned with the medicine. My mom offered to pay for the medicine and he took it (there're complicated manners in our country but I'd say he'd reject it I don't really care that much tbh). Anyways we've left with very little money. Then there had some changes in returning to home plan. They told us some funny excuse to not drop us. As far as I remember my aunt told my mom that his husband had told her that after 2 passengers his car's wheels get somewhat weird and the level of car to ground drops so that they couldn't take us with them. Yeah who cares then, my mom went neurotic on me while returning to home with bus. We had to take transfers. At one point of transfer, we were out of money and my mom went with her all neuroticisty on me and then I started shouting and crying that I had asthma and that's all what happened. Fast forwarding then my dad took us where we had been stranded on and ofc they had argued about this event. All I remember (this happens still me being 25) that my dad always used to call my mom that she's mentally ill and psychopath or some sort of words around these. Ofc nowadays as they got old they got mature and things got ease than before.

7. It’s likely that you’ve got an unconscious story that’s stopping you from making money. See if you can bring awareness to what that story is.

I will try to think about in the next couple of days. The story that I've already told you above might be just one beginning of many. I can't really remember another story at this time.

8. Also, I would challenege yourself to read something like The Millionaire Booklet by Grant Cardone. Notice when and where resistance pops up when reading that. That will give you clues.

Thanks I will try that. Resistances give so much clue about what mind is struggling with.

Edited by non_nothing

12 hours ago, universe said:

Do stuff you like doing and get paid while doing so. Problem solved.

I think there are many people who do not like to work ONLY for money. There are other drives behind it. Expectations from society, family & friends in particular. A feeling of doing something meaningful. Validation. Pursuing a path in your life.

For example, you could start growing more food and sell it to people. Or sell those 3d prints you make.

@universe

1. Do stuff you like doing and get paid while doing so. Problem solved.

Yes this is, you're, very right. No offense but this is not so easy as it sounds. I'm trying to figure this out nowadays.

The rest of stuff you said is already lurking in my mind so thank you for those pointers also.

11 hours ago, bejapuskas said:

Make sure you are not seeing it from a blue perspective, that would destroy you. I have this problem myself, but I still live with parents, and I dont need to hurry in that direction... I will probably solve this by developing my life purpose. (which might be more complex than you think it is, when you first think about it)

@bejapuskas Can you explain more about blue perspective (is that a spiral stage? ) I hope you'll get the success you want 

12 hours ago, non_nothing said:

2.1 Money is a unit that has property of having a chance to make a human being do whatever. This chance is directly proportional to the amount of money. 

2.2 This property had been exploited to make human beings that we call slaves. In the modern society, slavery does still exists yet in an another form called banks/loans/mortgage etc. the same thing another way.

2.3 Then we could say that with intuition, with this property exploits a human's time on earth. Slaves offer their limited time on this earth for money.

2.4 Thus this is where I conclude to: I have many exciting things to do yet I don't want to spend my time thinking about my finance. 

12 hours ago, non_nothing said:

Yes. I don't even have desires to even apply some law of attraction thing around money. It's like I have zero, even worst than zero desire to imagine/dream about getting money.

Really read what you wrote here over again. The answers are staring you in the face.

If I had to sum it up, I would say this: you don't like money.

No one is going to force you to like money. That is ultimately your choice. But your choices do have consequences, and so if you're tired of being broke, I suggest you choose something different.

You will never make money if you don't want money. Period. It is impossible.

You need to get away from the hippie people and start soaking in some pro-money sources. People who actually think it's a good thing if you make money and become successful. See how they view the world, and how their mindset has led them to drastically different places than where you are now.

For instance, you defined money as "a unit that has property of having a chance to make a human being do whatever". Already you're viewing money as this negative thing that has power over you. It doesn't.

Rich people would say something like "money itself is neutral. It's merely a medium of exchange for value". That's a much more positive definition, which is going to lead them to be more motivated to becoming wealthy.

No one wants to think that they are a bad person. If you think having money means you're going to end up exploiting people, you'll NEVER allow yourself to make it. Never. It's too much against your self-image.

Try this belief instead: people who don't want to make money are typically selfish. You have limited resources with which to help anybody, just like with your family. When you have money, now you have the tools to make a positive impact.

@aurum

21 hours ago, aurum said:

Try this belief instead: people who don't want to make money are typically selfish.

Wow that was like "Okay this is really going to be hard for me to accept that I am selfish" and I read this sentence almost 10 times before going to next sentence.

21 hours ago, aurum said:

You have limited resources with which to help anybody, just like with your family. When you have money, now you have the tools to make a positive impact.

Right there. I got it! "Yes there's some truth to that." You got something beautiful for me.

Right now It's like my all guarding shields are down. But yet I'm at like idle. Don't know what to do. A bit confused tbh.

Well, what can you get motivated by?

True financial abundance is the result of passion.

You don't have to be passionate about earning money, you can just be so good at something that the making money part is inevitable. 

When you have real passion and excitement, then there's no need to 'effort' towards your goals. It's natural. 

What excites you most? Don't be vague like 'helping people' or 'self-development'. Specifically what are you most excited by? 

Edited by Arman

1 hour ago, Arman said:

Well, what can you get motivated by?

True financial abundance is the result of passion.

You don't have to be passionate about earning money, you can just be so good at something that the making money part is inevitable. 

When you have real passion and excitement, then there's no need to 'effort' towards your goals. It's natural. 

What excites you most? Don't be vague like 'helping people' or 'self-development'. Specifically what are you most excited by? 

I have to say this is incredible but unfortunately my mind comes up/wraps up with such statements when I read:

(Mind): Find something passionate that earns lot of money. Then this already creates a shortcut in my brain to the idea that I've explained (Finding something for money already means giving effort based on money, I am really aware this is twisted and sick)

I took the half of LP of LEO's and I have already done this work (jez this reminded me I didn't finished the course yet, I was almost there like last category left, anyways), It's music and discovering the laws of nature (i.e science, experiments; currently having fun with electricity and layden jars) about music, that I play and create music on daily basis. I was using youtube to publish some of my stuff but it had turned out to me as a plateu that I used to calculate the worth of my work based on how many views and subs etc. so I stopped publishing thus disabled way of my brain's sick reward system.  

1 hour ago, Shiva said:

First world problems...

I live in a third world country if that's what you meant

1 hour ago, Shiva said:

Still this is a first world problem. If you had third world problems, there would be no question of whether your work is fulfilling you or not, you'd work to survive. Working for more than just money really is a luxury that most people don't have. I think this is worth some appreciation.

Yeah for some people. I don't really like to put or see it as the way you present. Sorry being too much non-dualistic on this one.

9 hours ago, non_nothing said:

It's music and discovering the laws of nature (i.e science, experiments; currently having fun with electricity and layden jars) about music, that I play and create music on daily basis. I was using youtube to publish some of my stuff but it had turned out to me as a plateu that I used to calculate the worth of my work based on how many views and subs etc. so I stopped publishing thus disabled way of my brain's sick reward system.  

If you want to persue this path you need to think long-term. I would say go find a job that pays your bills and use all your free time to make music and learn how to market your music. How to network with people who are looking for music.

The views on your music can be seen as a metric on how much impact you have with your music. I know its hard as an artist to seperate creativity and finances but if you want to make this your career you have to say fuck it and do it anyway. Face it, if you want to go full on with your career in music you need to get payed for it. Otherwise it will not be sustainable and it will sabotage your development.

You said you live in a third world country. If you could sell your music online you could be making a lot of money comparatively.

Check out this video from another thread if you havent already :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVxFvjAhToA

On 10/21/2018 at 9:36 PM, universe said:

If you want to persue this path you need to think long-term. I would say go find a job that pays your bills and use all your free time to make music and learn how to market your music. How to network with people who are looking for music.

The views on your music can be seen as a metric on how much impact you have with your music. I know its hard as an artist to seperate creativity and finances but if you want to make this your career you have to say fuck it and do it anyway. Face it, if you want to go full on with your career in music you need to get payed for it. Otherwise it will not be sustainable and it will sabotage your development.

You said you live in a third world country. If you could sell your music online you could be making a lot of money comparatively.

Check out this video from another thread if you havent already :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVxFvjAhToA

Thanks. Thanks all to you guys that I've returned creating music again. I don't worry about marketing it right now. But yeah I'll see where this goes. 

Asides that I still don't like money 

@non_nothing You are simply not motivated to make money because you don't have a strong enough "why" to make money.

As previously mentioned in another thread, you also have to look ay your relationship with money and your beliefs towards it.

It is easy to come up with a lot of excuses as to why we can't do something and why we are not good enough or deserve something, but you need to start be asking yourself empowering questions like "why do I want to have more money in my life? what will more money do for me? what can I do with having more money in my life? What will I achieve by having more money?"

You will find if you take time to really think about these questions, your motivation might change towards making money.

It is all apart of being an adult of taking responsibility for our own life and looking after ourselves emotionally, mentally, physically & financially.

8 hours ago, MIA.RIVEL said:

"why do I want to have more money in my life? what will more money do for me? what can I do with having more money in my life? What will I achieve by having more money?"

[1] Simply I have still yet dependencies on another people for my shelter, safety and food resources. 

[2] More money will enable me to expand my shelter, capture a bigger space in this earth from precaptured mafia goverments. I will pursue to do more with the more money I got

[3] I can focus on raising plants. I can focus on doing scientific experiment. I can experiment with alchemy and chemistry. I can improve the living life surrounding my environment e.g. help animals, trees and balance ground and water.

[4] I will achieve the highest experience of myself.

8 hours ago, MIA.RIVEL said:

It is all apart of being an adult of taking responsibility for our own life and looking after ourselves emotionally, mentally, physically & financially.

Much appreciated, much thanks. Blessings

This problem still persists.

I've completed a contemplation and these are what I've found (Raw text from my session)

1- Problem definition: I don't like money.

1.1- I'd not care much of the things I act as if I care today If It didn't involve around money or I wouldn't have money concerns.

1.2- For some projects that I am motivated towards from inside, that money game either way or another will pop and run the quality test of my work/result. I fear that whatever I was doing was my passion and It didn't land me on money, thus this means that my work and what I'm doing, somewhat including me are not worthy.

1.2.1- If I'm not worthy on this live then what?: I won't be emotionally supported and my emotional needs will not meet. Just as if a child is weak to the fear of abandonment, this feels exactly same to me on this one.

2- What would I be doing if there was no such a thing, money. How would I feel right now and how would I think about future?

2.1- How would I feel: It feels free to be not thinking about money. It feels like freedom within life and mind.

2.2- What would I be doing right now: Can't be sure, but I guess I'd be at outside enjoying the day as it is, the way air feels cold on my skin, the way air smells fresh, the way sun warms my skin.

2.3- How would I think about future?: I'd explore this world more. It excites me to see how this giant machine operates. It excites me to see that this can be broken down or some mathematical equations can relate to this operation going. Electricity excites me right now, It's a hot topic for me. Yet easy to discover and experiment. Why this excites me? It excites me because we can understand, break down and express in human terms for this awesome thing operating on. I'd study more chess, music theory and composition. I'd gather resources and build myself machines. Especially first thing I would build myself would be a clock. Pendulum clock.

3. Now the reality is there's money game in this life. What this means for you now?

3.1- This means that I need money on some levels. Because I am not the only living thing in this world, governments occupied and brought safety for these lands. They optimized the environment for us to live and they still operate. I have responsible for a little contribution to this system. This is inevitable. This is all fine. No problem. 

4- WHY AM I THINKING THIS EVEN RIGHT NOW?

4.1- Because that little contribution that I've just talked about is not even a single tiny bitch problem for me. What a real problem is that I need resources, more resources and some people whoever asides or besides governments, had proclaimed the resources I need. That's the all problem that I have with the relationship of money. I need bigger house, I need resources to run experiments. They can be obtained only within the money game. Take the bigger house for example, the only way you can get is via money game if legally. Of course you run into forests and consider living all alone that's another topic. This is irrelevant right now.

4.1.1 - GROW UP! WHY NOT! WHY DON'T YOU TAKE RESPONSIBILITY OF YOUR LIFE?

4.1.1.1- I don't want to do? It's hard? Aha. Got your weak mind! As if a 10/yo/ say when you force him to wash dishes or something, he'd tell "It's so hard!" "That's too hard!" Is it? Am I weak minded? Or rather uplifting myself with this taunt, why do I have to do this in the first place?

Are we going in circles now? I'll have another session for from where I've left on

Some tips for developing motivation for pretty much every facet of life are -

• Have a big picture of whatever you're doing
  • Have a actionable plan, Where you take small chunk of action
  • Have realistic time expectations for getting results
  • Visualize and Feel the bodily sensations of when you accomplish it
  • Find the intrinsic reason "why ?" , Rather than extrinsic life circumstances
  • Remind yourself of your physical mortality
  • Try doing it for something bigger than the self
  • Do down to the core of your beliefs and thoughts, Why you do not feel motivated
  • Let go of resistance

Apply some of these according to your subjective situation. Hope it helps :-)

Edited by Shubham chaudhary

26 minutes ago, Shubham chaudhary said:

Some tips for developing motivation for pretty much every facet of life are -

• Have a big picture of whatever you're doing
  • Have a actionable plan, Where you take small chunk of action
  • Have realistic time expectations for getting results
  • Visualize and Feel the bodily sensations of when you accomplish it
  • Find the intrinsic reason "why ?" , Rather than extrinsic life circumstances
  • Remind yourself of your physical mortality
  • Try doing it for something bigger than the self
  • Do down to the core of your beliefs and thoughts, Why you do not feel motivated
  • Let go of resistance

Apply some of these according to your subjective situation. Hope it helps :-)

Thanks. I'll consider your recommendations.