Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kieranperez

“Ego” The New Hot Word In Culture?

5 posts in this topic

I’ve been noticing this pattern in culture now recently where I notice people on YouTube, blogs, sports coaches, people on the street, TV, athletes, etc. using the term “ego” more than ever now. I don’t feel like this is an accident since personal development is a hotter business/industry than ever now and online success coaches and what not are flooded throughout social media more than ever. 

Have people been noticing this trend? 

Obviously they don’t know what it means ;) ?

Edited by kieranperez

Not saying I disagree with you but it could also be confirmation bias, kinda like when someone buys a new car they suddenly see that car everywhere. The other word I see used a ton is mindful, and like the word ego people define it differently and usually don't know its deeper meaning. 

Probably. 

But more than ever people are lost. And those on spiritual circles and actualization are as lost as a fundamentalist Christian is, they think they are discovering the truth.

Per example: just by simply believing that one has to identify with the whole universe and starts to feel that he/she is the everything and to have an opinion of reality through DMT if it's the case, and that feeling of: "yes i know this", I cannot explain this but I know it because I had an insight, the majority of the time is BS, even with DMT trips. 

The magnitude of the highest truth is infinity itself, cannot be grasped in the 5 senses and explained, only to a certain extent within a certain level of experience and growth, then in a higher level has a different point of view and so on. Infinity cannot be grasped, simply as that, there is no higher truth, there is always the possibility of growth and unknown. So those who believe they have seen the highest truths, go back to the bible belt. hahaha...

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Yeah, I think I even heard Adyashanti crack jokes about how spiritual seekers “all think they are enlightened” something along these lines. That spirituality is filled with people who think they understand the depth of reality and God. I suppose this is all part of the process. I start to wonder how much the ego plays tricks on me. Lol ?

Ethereal, emotional intelligence,  mindfulness, chakras, trigger etc