brugluiz

I have no idea of what my passion is

21 posts in this topic

Hi, guys!

I have been trying to find my passion and my true self. I've already decided: "I want to be an artist!" Then I get bored with studying drawing and I give it up. I've already decided: "I want to be a pick-up artist!" Then I reflect on it better, find resistance and give it up. I've already decided: "I want to be an English teacher!" Then I get bored with studying English and I give it up.

I have literally no clarity of what my passion is.

The advices Leo gives us to find our passion:

- Reading: I read at least a book a month. I have many self-development and psychology books. I like them, I really love the idea of success;

- Go to college: I'm not sure about this advice because there are many successful people that didn't go to college. Anyway, I'm studying at college (my studies start again next year) and, damn, it's quite boring and turning down when we realize professors teach students to become an employee.

- Travel: this is a wonderful advice, but I need money to do it. I want to find my passion to make money to travel. Should I make money with digital marketing just to travel? Is it okay? Is working or having a business for the sake of travelling worth it?

- Try different jobs: I think we can apply here the idea of becoming a volunteer as well. It's a good idea.

- Meet new people: wonderful advice, but I still think we need to meet the right people. Anyway, I have too much fear of talking with new people because I'm not sure about my passions. Giving the honest answer "I don't know my passion" seems to make me less masculine and not worthy.

- Be open to new things: good one. If I wasn't open to new things, I would never find Actualized.org or start my emotional healing. Being open-minded always help in order to see different perspectives.

- Spend time by yourself: I'm a hard case introvert. I don't think spending more with myself will help.

If someone has more advices, I appreciate it. I think travelling will expand my consciouness, but I need the money to do it. Do I need a passion to start making money? I really hate being an employee and I have the conditions to open a business. I would just make money in order to find my passion and learn new things. What do you guys think about it?

Thank you!

I am in the same boat as you! I am 46 and still didn't know what my passion was! Until tonight. I am taking Leo's "Find your life purpose" course and i just had a breakthrough! I highly recommend you take it.

I also want to travel, and need money to do it, but everything I tried wasn't working out. Now after meditating for a while and thinking about a few things he says in his course, my vision is clear now and I know what to do!

Good luck and don't give up!

2 hours ago, GaiaGoddess said:

I am in the same boat as you! I am 46 and still didn't know what my passion was! Until tonight. I am taking Leo's "Find your life purpose" course and i just had a breakthrough! I highly recommend you take it.

I also want to travel, and need money to do it, but everything I tried wasn't working out. Now after meditating for a while and thinking about a few things he says in his course, my vision is clear now and I know what to do!

Good luck and don't give up!

Thank you, @GaiaGoddess

I need money to buy Leo's course. At least, I have his book list (which is fascinating). The idea of discovering my passion before making money is not helping me. I feel ashamed for earning money with something that is not my passion.

Do what you love to do and that brings you the highest excitement at any given moment, It must be the one that is the absolute highest in that moment not second highest, third ect.. that will lead you to a life of synchronicity. This is following your true passion, from there you live from the signs and synchronicities. Your passion is not hard-wired. We are multi-dimensional beings, we are constantly moving and shifting so whatever it is in that moment that brings you highest joy, you do that until the next comes along.

B R E A T H E

8 hours ago, brugluiz said:

I have literally no clarity of what my passion is.

Do you see this as a problem? If so, why would it be a problem if you don't know what your passion is, or if you will never find it? What's the worst possible scenario you can imagine if you would never find your passion?

Edited by Psyche_92

@brugluiz I would advise reading So Good They Can't Ignore You. The author says that passion is something that comes later after the hard work, i.e. you work to become so good they cant ignore you which makes you passionate about that area. He says to avoid trying to 'find' your 'passion', as though you have some special one thing that just needs to be discovered and then you're sorted for life.  It doesn't work like that. You basically have to find something that you're interested in, or that you actually want to do, and then work at building the skills and knowledge within that area. What do you want??

So you create the passion, it's not found somewhere. You create the life that you want. It's completely and totally up to you. Which is why most people fail at finding their life purpose. It's not something you find, it's something you create. 

Then after a fairly long period of time you start to develop a passion for that area, because you see the fruits of your effort. The important thing is to not expect passion to be their right at the beginning, nor constantly throughout. You have to recognise that a lot of the time the work will not be fun. But obviously, in order to be able to motivate yourself to do work that is not fun, what you choose to spend your time doing shouldn't just be some random idea. It should be meaningful for you and have the potential to help others or to make an impact. It should be intentionally chosen to move you closer to your vision or goals.

When you're thinking about what you want to do, come up with some ideas and then think about what those ideas would actually look like in reality. What you be doing on a daily basis? What kinds of grindy things might you have to do? How many hours would you have to spend doing that? How long would you have to spend learning a particular skill? What might you have to sacrifice? Don't just create some lofty future image of yourself being an artist or a teacher, for example. Think about what it would actually look like and then ask yourself whether you would be willing to do that?

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

8 hours ago, pluto said:

Do what you love to do and that brings you the highest excitement at any given moment, It must be the one that is the absolute highest in that moment not second highest, third ect.. that will lead you to a life of synchronicity. This is following your true passion, from there you live from the signs and synchronicities. Your passion is not hard-wired. We are multi-dimensional beings, we are constantly moving and shifting so whatever it is in that moment that brings you highest joy, you do that until the next comes along.

I want to spread my message to the world. I just have the opportunity to do a lecture on my struggles in December and I'm pretty excited. If it's my passion, I don't know (actually, I'm a bit afraid because I'm not so good at lecture / but I LOVE the challenge of doing it). What I know is that my message will help people to see new possibilities. I'm writing a blog about schizophrenia and a person told me that a mom got more will power to take care of her son after reading my last blog post. It excites me! I got really grateful for what's happening, the idea that my message makes a difference.

7 hours ago, Shiva said:

Why not be passionate about everything?

Thank you for sharing the video. I watched it and: why not? I love this world! I love people! I love this existence! It excites me!

I think I'm more worried about how to make money instead of how to help people. It's self-sabotage.

4 hours ago, Psyche_92 said:

Do you see this as a problem? If so, why would it be a problem if you don't know what your passion is, or if you will never find it? What's the worst possible scenario you can imagine if you would never find your passion?

My worst possible scenario that I can imagine is not taking an action to help people and have absolutely no money for food, shelter, clothes and basic stuff. I'm also afraid of never having money to go towards my dreams (like travelling the world).

4 hours ago, Space said:

@brugluiz I would advise reading So Good They Can't Ignore You. The author says that passion is something that comes later after the hard work, i.e. you work to become so good they cant ignore you which makes you passionate about that area. He says to avoid trying to 'find' your 'passion', as though you have some special one thing that just needs to be discovered and then you're sorted for life.  It doesn't work like that. You basically have to find something that you're interested in, or that you actually want to do, and then work at building the skills and knowledge within that area. What do you want??

So you create the passion, it's not found somewhere. You create the life that you want. It's completely and totally up to you. Which is why most people fail at finding their life purpose. It's not something you find, it's something you create. 

Then after a fairly long period of time you start to develop a passion for that area, because you see the fruits of your effort. The important thing is to not expect passion to be their right at the beginning, nor constantly throughout. You have to recognise that a lot of the time the work will not be fun. But obviously, in order to be able to motivate yourself to do work that is not fun, what you choose to spend your time doing shouldn't just be some random idea. It should be meaningful for you and have the potential to help others or to make an impact. It should be intentionally chosen to move you closer to your vision or goals.

When you're thinking about what you want to do, come up with some ideas and then think about what those ideas would actually look like in reality. What you be doing on a daily basis? What kinds of grindy things might you have to do? How many hours would you have to spend doing that? How long would you have to spend learning a particular skill? What might you have to sacrifice? Don't just create some lofty future image of yourself being an artist or a teacher, for example. Think about what it would actually look like and then ask yourself whether you would be willing to do that?

I want to read this book. I was watching a Cal Newport's lecture yesterday and I like his insights. Now I'm reading The 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss and I will probably read a book about life purpose after this one. I like Cal Newport's ideas, but it's important to be careful because the idea of working on anything won't work. I was forcing myself to study art and it was not working. I saw no future on it and 0 excitement (of course, I like drawing, but just as a hobby).

I really want to help people and inspire them. How? I don't know yet. I just realized that writing about my life is helping people to be more resilient. I didn't know I had this power.

The idea of creating my life purpose is more exciting than waiting my passion to fall on my lap.

I have been in the same boat as you. The exercise that made me burn that boat was this one. This is the simplest and most effective technique for finding your passion I have ever found. Hope it will work for you and you will at least find a passion to start off with.

@pluto Love that response! Thank you for existing and being here! ❤️

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

4 hours ago, Torkys said:

I have been in the same boat as you. The exercise that made me burn that boat was this one. This is the simplest and most effective technique for finding your passion I have ever found. Hope it will work for you and you will at least find a passion to start off with.

@pluto Love that response! Thank you for existing and being here! ❤️

Thank you, @Torkys

I just did this exercise created by Steve Pavlina for 35 minutes when I started to cry.

I wrote a statement:

"To teach men and people to heal themselves, showing them how to be more open with each other, with no fear of showing their emotions, making them offer what they have of most valuable to the world. Teach them how to be themselves."

I feel it's the right thing for me, but it seems to be too little. It's doesn't seem to be very masculine. Once a therapist told me that men shouldn't be so sensitive, but I remember watching a Leo's video where he started to cry (he was talking about his life purpose). It's about being a true man who won't lie to people because he shows his true emotions.

It's complicated. I achieved a point during this exercise where I started to cry, but I still have resistance.

It's kind like:

• During the exercise: gradually I decrease resistance and start to cry;
  • After the exercise: all resistance come back and then I forget how I achieved that place of no resistance.

If I rationalize, this statement makes sense because I had psychosis. It's said people who had psychosis become healers (shamans).

Edit: sometimes I have the idea that I just cried because I was depressed. But I'm not heavily depressed right now. I don't know, just a thought.

Edited by brugluiz

"Finding your passion" is not an armchair activity. As you go about your life, you have to pay attention to what you feel passionate about. If there is nothing at this point in your life, that's fine. Besides, you are not likely to have one overarching subject/activity that you will permanently feel passionate about. Passions ebb and flow throughout life. If you get bored from studying art, that's probably not something you are very passionate about.

Travel is great, but requires money. Money requires employment. Well compensated employment requires skill training.

Attending college is meant as an investment in skill training, a door opener for well-compensated employment. Despite the handful of high-profile college dropout entrepreneurs, most highly successful people completed college.

The optimal strategy for creating an enjoyable career as an introvert (who is not inclined to risk or perpetual sales) would be something like:

- Identify a few skills you have a natural talent for and hone them throughout college. Ex, I excel at logic and critical thinking, so I got into STEM.

- Get an entry level job where you can apply these skills

- Focus on mastering this job, learn to enter flow, and get recognized in your organization as someone who reliably does an excellent job

- You will gradually be asked to contribute on evermore varied and complex projects which bestows you evermore autonomy to select projects you find interesting, and to shape your own workday. Through experience, you will map out which projects/tasks you generally feel the most excited/passionate about, and then just keep steering your career in that direction.

INSTEAD OF COMMUNICATING WITH PEOPLE AS IF THEY POSSESSED INTELLIGENCE, TRY USING ABSTRACT SPIRITUAL TERMS THAT CONVEY NO USABLE INFORMATION. :)

My first published essay

Didn't read all but did you take LP? If not this might be the right time for you to take Leo's LP.

@non_nothing The thing is, that you might choose a purpose with a goal. This can be dangerous, especially if you arent developed enough. You might learn something new in a week and your goal can easily go to waste... 

3 hours ago, bejapuskas said:

@non_nothing The thing is, that you might choose a purpose with a goal. This can be dangerous, especially if you arent developed enough. You might learn something new in a week and your goal can easily go to waste... 

By mentioning me I assume that you meant something about LP, my response to you is the same did you take the Leo's LP at all? seems like you're nt because you hadn't had conflicts like these

Edited by non_nothing

9 hours ago, Erlend K said:

"Finding your passion" is not an armchair activity. As you go about your life, you have to pay attention to what you feel passionate about. If there is nothing at this point in your life, that's fine. Besides, you are not likely to have one overarching subject/activity that you will permanently feel passionate about. Passions ebb and flow throughout life. If you get bored from studying art, that's probably not something you are very passionate about.

Travel is great, but requires money. Money requires employment. Well compensated employment requires skill training.

Attending college is meant as an investment in skill training, a door opener for well-compensated employment. Despite the handful of high-profile college dropout entrepreneurs, most highly successful people completed college.

The optimal strategy for creating an enjoyable career as an introvert (who is not inclined to risk or perpetual sales) would be something like:

- Identify a few skills you have a natural talent for and hone them throughout college. Ex, I excel at logic and critical thinking, so I got into STEM.

- Get an entry level job where you can apply these skills

- Focus on mastering this job, learn to enter flow, and get recognized in your organization as someone who reliably does an excellent job

- You will gradually be asked to contribute on evermore varied and complex projects which bestows you evermore autonomy to select projects you find interesting, and to shape your own workday. Through experience, you will map out which projects/tasks you generally feel the most excited/passionate about, and then just keep steering your career in that direction.

I have a natural talent for drawing and writing, but I get bored when I do it too much. But I can work with it (because I have the experience, but not because it's my passion).

5 hours ago, non_nothing said:

Didn't read all but did you take LP? If not this might be the right time for you to take Leo's LP.

No, I didn't take LP. Currently I don't have the money to do it. I'm also doing another self-development course, but its focus is not on Life Purpose. Anyway, the author of the course says I need to go testing different things to find my Life Purpose (it's not something that will fall on my lap after doing an online course).

4 hours ago, bejapuskas said:

Should I do nothing then?

21 minutes ago, non_nothing said:

By mentioning me I assume that you meant something about LP, my response to you is the same did you take the Leo's LP at all? seems like you're nt because you hadn't had conflicts like these

Dude, LP course may be very good, but it's not the answer for everything and for every person.

1 minute ago, brugluiz said:

I have a natural talent for drawing and writing, but I get bored when I do it too much. But I can work with it (because I have the experience, but not because it's my passion).

No, I didn't take LP. Currently I don't have the money to do it. I'm also doing another self-development course, but its focus is not on Life Purpose. Anyway, the author of the course says I need to go testing different things to find my Life Purpose (it's not something that will fall on my lap after doing an online course).

Should I do nothing then?

Dude, LP course may be very good, but it's not the answer for everything and for every person.

You have no idea what you're talking. Did you take it? No. I'm not trying to defend the next purchase of Leo will get but you're just harming yourself at that point there. Unless you took it and bring it to your experience and conclude that It's not an answer, it's a blackbox for you. Don't just blindly assume and create facts. This might be a good thing that you've said those words because It has give me very much information to point out to the fact that this might be your struggle. You don't create experiences. You don't, do things, to put it in another perspective, you don't take action as I see within what you've just said. I am not your enemy I want to help you with this. But see your enemy as I show you that. Hope this helps any.

1 hour ago, non_nothing said:

You have no idea what you're talking. Did you take it? No. I'm not trying to defend the next purchase of Leo will get but you're just harming yourself at that point there. Unless you took it and bring it to your experience and conclude that It's not an answer, it's a blackbox for you. Don't just blindly assume and create facts. This might be a good thing that you've said those words because It has give me very much information to point out to the fact that this might be your struggle. You don't create experiences. You don't, do things, to put it in another perspective, you don't take action as I see within what you've just said. I am not your enemy I want to help you with this. But see your enemy as I show you that. Hope this helps any.

I need to wait some time before purchasing Leo's course.

Is there a first step I can take before accesing it?

@brugluiz Yes you can always watch subjects around motivation/fear/earning money etc lots of subjects interconnected on Leo's youtube channel and If I'm not wrong he also has a list of videos on the actualized .org menu.

Also you can go to LP and you'll find the all videos' title that's inside LP. Leo also covered almost have half of the videos on LP as extended versions on his YouTube channel as well. I mean, It's like watching Lord of the Rings EXTENDED for FREE. But dont' make this as an another mind masturbation tool for you. Be cautious!

Edited by non_nothing

yes , i know how you feel , you seem very young so that could be one of the reasons , one would consider that not my issue.

I should know better .

i took some personality , ability and talents test at college , you know Meyers and Briggs type of stuff , these are very helpful in determining what your general area of interest or passion is.

I took them a few times and they keep pointing to the same thing , but I don't know how to make money.

There is this motivational person Jack Cantfield, he says to ask these 3 questions to determine what your passion is , which I can't exactly remember but go something like this.

How would the world be a perfect place to live in if it had this one 'thing "  in it ,for me the world would be perfect if all animals would be treated with utmost love and respect , I love animals very much, 

Breath will tell you, just listen. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

15 hours ago, Hellspeed said:

Breath will tell you, just listen. 

HAHAHAHA