ItO

How to remove the subconscious beliefs and ideas?

17 posts in this topic

Is it by moving those ideas and beliefs from the subconsciousness to the conscious? How to go about that? 

What are some examples of subconscious beliefs and ideas?

I don't see the point of doing self inquiry anymore, because all of this is just shuffling ideas around. I already doubt everything, so I don't get new insights and mindfucks from the process. I don't seem to have an identity, an ideology or anything like that. As far as I know, I can pinpoint every belief of mine. 

How to proceed? Show to me my bullshit please.

Thank you!

Get in touch with breath and left side of the body comes first.

Do this as if your life would depend on it to work.

Chakras:

4th into 1st with the 2nd and 3rd, then 5th in sync with the above to open 6th.

Best of luck!

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

17 hours ago, ItO said:

Is it by moving those ideas and beliefs from the subconsciousness to the conscious? How to go about that? 

I don't see the point of doing self inquiry anymore, because all of this is just shuffling ideas around. I already doubt everything, so I don't get new insights and mindfucks from the process. I don't seem to have an identity, an ideology or anything like that. As far as I know, I can pinpoint every belief of mine. 

Thank you!

I read some of your other posts and we seem alike.  I had a big issue with determining what is real in order to trust it.  I saw a question  you asked about breathing that may connect here. 

You asked/said "When I'm trying to notice my breathing, I can't shake the feeling that I control it. I don't know what to do.  When I'm not aware of my breathing, the breath is very slow and shallow, maybe because I need less oxygen than usual (because of running). So in order to notice the breathing, I need to concentrate"

Now my question is, how are you aware of your breathing and that its slow and shallow, if your not aware of it?  Look into what is aware when your not putting your concentration on your breath, or anything for that matter.  That awareness is key, its a sense you can trust.

Now my second question to you is, what is your intent with this work your doing to understand yourself, your goal rather, if you have one that is.

Edited by Mu_

9 hours ago, ItO said:

Read about shadow work.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

As @Mu_ mentioned, you need to have a goal in mind, let's say it's perfect peace. 

With that in mind, go about your day and notice what disturbs your peace in the moment. Check why, what is the root belief of whatever bothers you in the moment. Take a point of reference, the absolute versus the relative and check your beliefs against that: are they really true. As long as any belief is still true for you, you won't let it go. To let go of anything, you must qualify that as false. 

Hope that helps. 

I can tell you how the subconscious works within the time cycle many are stuck within: 

Using game feature to escape game by copying image of preferred section of game.

It's a tad symbolic, it's true...(if you observe, you may find this is occurring on the conscious level at times, which tends to be just as helpful as knowing the nature of the subconscious).

Perhaps it would help to focus in by defining what is true, as close as you can define it to your experience and belief. You'd have to be completely honest though: not repeating what you've heard or read from anyone else unless it is 100% truthfully your experienced understanding of existence. 

That gives you a ground you can then explore. You're 100% that this is the truth. How do you know? Have you proved it all? If so, then there's no problem: you've found the truth, congratulations! You can ignore anything that anyone says to the contrary. But if you find that there are areas you don't  know with absolution, but believe to be real, then pick it apart. Why do you believe it? Where did it come from? What emotional need is it meeting? (You want to find your subconscious? Follow your emotions)

11 hours ago, ItO said:

I don't see the point of doing self inquiry anymore, because all of this is just shuffling ideas around. I already doubt everything, so I don't get new insights and mindfucks from the process.

I don't seem to have an identity, an ideology or anything like that. 

Firstly, as fun as mindfucks and insights can be, that's not (in my experience) where the significant changes in understanding come from. They come from an incessant little chip-chip-chipping away at all the things you thought you knew, but it turns out you were believing all along.

Secondly, you do have an identity. It might not be in external signifiers, but you do - otherwise you wouldn't be asking this. Follow the emotions, find what offends you or upsets you. What you're afraid of. What rules you have about how the world should be; how you or other people should behave. If you think you don't think people 'should' anything, then find an ISIS beheading video and see if your emotions agree. Find out what significant things happened to you in your youth, particularly ages 0-5, which may have shaped your understanding of what you are, should be, need to be, and how the rest of the world works. 

Dig deep, dig hard, dig personal

Jed mckenna's books <---- these are so ego killing that you will hate the day you were born. They literally kill all your beliefs and ideas to the point of becoming pure emptiness. Your ego and self-delusion wont like it. You will thank me. These books will teach you self inquiry that cuts deep any bullshit and all Ideas will never penetrate you easily. You will have new ego ready for self-actualization that cuts most of the crap in your life and directs your full energy into what YOU want not what the conditioned YOU wants. The conditioned YOU will never work for You and it will only work to serve society and others, thats why other opinions matter to you so much and this is why you and all others are suffering because you have a mind of worker bees

Edited by Your place at Heart

"Whatsoever is on it (the earth) will perish. And The Face of your Lord Full of Majesty and Honour will remain forever❤️" Quran: Surat Ar-Rahman (The Merciful)

"We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient"?Quran: Suratal Al-baqarah (The Cow)

@Your place at Heart Agreed, for the first two (or maybe three) books. And bits of the Jed Talks. Theory, Dreamstate, & parts of the Jed Talks promote belief simply by the fact that he is describing shit which - if true - cannot be described and he knows it. Leaving only idea and belief. 

His books are very tricksy in how much they look like one thing on the surface, but with a little critical thinking / non-literal interpretation, become something much much more meaningful, deep, and significant. The great paradox is trusting the man who tells you not to trust him, going as far as to hiding his name and claiming to express truth through fiction 

Edited by Telepresent

17 hours ago, ItO said:

Thank you!

Another thing I want to add and it may help you.  Do you trust your doubt in everything or do you doubt that as well?  Do you trust your pinpointing every belief or do you doubt those to?  Do you trust your non-identity, non-ideology....or doubt these as well?  In my experience of doubting everything, it was very scary and frustrating for a while, until I saw and understood that a big part of universal truth was not knowing either way.

Edited by Mu_

@Telepresent Agreed. Thank you. This is why we need to develop self-inquiry skills or as we call it "critical thinking"  that become part of you that cut any bullshit and filter out crap that is subjective to you. We don't virus ideas that will literally hijack our mind and ruminate non-stop and expand to all other topics and hijack our senses and the way we interpretate sensory data and others. Jed mckenna will become a belief but I believe his beliefs have the capability of self-killing after while because they can help us develop our unique self inquiry skills. Other beliefs are very invasive and hard to kill(example abrahamic religions concept of sin or MGTOW concept of all women are created to destroy the man or feminism patriarchy needs to be destroyed) All Ideas are false and 99.99 of books and ideologies that exists in the world are simply enslaving the mind and create ego that are suffering and will make others suffer.

"Whatsoever is on it (the earth) will perish. And The Face of your Lord Full of Majesty and Honour will remain forever❤️" Quran: Surat Ar-Rahman (The Merciful)

"We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient"?Quran: Suratal Al-baqarah (The Cow)

1 hour ago, Your place at Heart said:

Jed mckenna will become a belief but I believe his beliefs have the capability of self-killing after while because they can help us develop our unique self inquiry skills

Yes

1 hour ago, Your place at Heart said:

This is why we need to develop self-inquiry skills or as we call it "critical thinking"  that become part of you that cut any bullshit and filter out crap that is subjective to you.

Bigger and more important yes

Crazy thing is asking how to get rid of these beliefs actually sustains fear. And that fear clings to belief. When we ask how to we are actually feeding fear/belief/self. Holistic insight reveals this. This insight is so huge that the “me” gets stoped in its tracks totally. 

Edited by Jack River

14 hours ago, Mu_ said:

how are you aware of your breathing and that its slow and shallow, if your not aware of it? 

I know how I breathe because I can be aware of it for a second or two without the problem I described. The problem was with long focusing on the breath while meditating. 

14 hours ago, Mu_ said:

Look into what is aware when your not putting your concentration on your breath, or anything for that matter.  That awareness is key, its a sense you can trust.

I think that I can get that awareness you're talking about. 
But then, I don't experience anything out of the ordinary. Reality doesn't collapse, I don't realize that I'm connected to everything or something like that. I'm still this separate thing. I can deconstruct any meaning from my perceptions and be in that state, but then it becomes just neutrality, detachness, random perceptions. Nothing good or bad, just the thing itself. Any motivation to do something seems weird  to me.. But I'm not nihilistic it the sense that I view all of that as something negative.
I haven't had any mystical experience yet, although I understand all the theory pretty good. This is an annoying gap.

14 hours ago, Mu_ said:

Now my second question to you is, what is your intent with this work your doing to understand yourself, your goal rather, if you have one that is.

I don't have nothing more interesting or important to do, and I have a ton of interests. I'm interested in how reality works.

12 hours ago, Telepresent said:

Firstly, as fun as mindfucks and insights can be, that's not (in my experience) where the significant changes in understanding come from. They come from an incessant little chip-chip-chipping away at all the things you thought you knew, but it turns out you were believing all along.

The thing is, I feel that I have already exhausted this method, Or that I'm super deluded to think so... I can't think of an idea or a should statement that I cling to anymore, I don't judge anything really. I guess that you can find me judging sometimes, but that is only because I'm not as aware most of the time. If I'm aware, I can't really judge or cling to some idea, I can understand the motives of all people no matter what they've done, and even when I can't, I know there must be a motive and I don't really care what it is. I can't find what to chip, but I know it seems arrogant and that most likely I wrong somehow. 

I guess that I can be against the idea of me suffering eternally. Just the pure feeling of suffering without anything to associate it with, without being able to do anything to stop it. Can we work with that? 

7 hours ago, Your place at Heart said:

Jed mckenna's books <---- these are so ego killing that you will hate the day you were born.

Read 2 of his books already, loved them. I didn't feel the way you described. I love to burn bullshit. Spiritual autolysis is the chipping away that Telepresent described, and as I said, I can't find anything to burn.

6 hours ago, Mu_ said:

Do you trust your doubt in everything or do you doubt that as well?  Do you trust your pinpointing every belief or do you doubt those to?  Do you trust your non-identity, non-ideology....or doubt these as well?

I don't trust anything. Every word I say, I immediately feel opposed to it. 

Thanks to other for suggesting Yoga and Shadow work. 

fasting, fasting, fasting. Fast from life, from food, from society, from media, from people. Eventually there will be pure calmness, pure bliss, pure awareness where you "see" what truly is and the old patterns are eventually replaced with the new. Once you are hit with Truth, there is no otherwise.

Absolute surrender, you find all by losing and letting go of all.

B R E A T H E