bejapuskas

Stage yellow pick-up

48 posts in this topic

@Emerald I was sleeping over at a cottage with my classmates this weekend. I actually noticed, how blue they are, we played some very hard psychological games and it was so obvious.... Thanks for making me notice that, I wouldnt be able to do that without you probably... I will also work on my lower stages of the spiral, as I am getting more accurate about my position in the spiral...

On 20/10/2018 at 0:21 PM, Spiral said:

To be completely honest I have never meet anyone I would describe as yellow. Most who believe they are, are either orange or blue.

The more I study this model the more I realize how deep it actually goes. Like a transition from orange to green is not a small lifestyle change. You might do a lot of green stuff while not being green at all. Meaning/value/purpose are extremely tied to your spiral dynamic stage for instance.

So yeah it's a very common trap to believe you're yellow or this or that because you had some personnal development under your belt and you have a little perspective but at 15 c'mon you're a baby even in the maslow hierarchy of needs.

@Lynnel I am seriously open to that, but... I am super lost... What are the differences, between the stages? When blue can act like orange, but actually be blue... it seems so contradictory, I feel like even after reading the book and speaking about it with more developd friends, I am still lost... How can I actually know, if I am colour X? From Leo's videos, it seems easy to just have the values of a priest, businessman or a hippie, it feels like I have had these periods already in my 15 year old life... What actually tells me, that a person is for example blue, when he/she acts like orange or green? How do I even achieve yellow? What other models should I study to grasp the whole meaning?

On 10/18/2018 at 4:13 PM, bejapuskas said:

@Lorcan Thanks for answering, but I think that you misunderstand my question, I am not needy or horny, I actually want a girl, that has a deep need for growth, just as I do. Socializing is not a problem of mine, same with the lack of sleep. Stop making out things in your head! :D I would never date a casual girl that I would probably find in a bar, I hate meaningless partying... 

@bejapuskas I just want you to notice what you wrote here. Regardless of your color, this is a very clear statement of your values, and - probably - explains what the original question was all about.

It helps to know what you want from a partner, and "a need for growth" is one of these things you want at this time. And it's not at all unrealistic to find that, even at 15 (or especially at 15, since it's an age when people still develop rapidly). You may not be able to find a girl who's been watching Leo, but you may easily find someone who's interesting and interested, curious and ambitious. You may even find someone who sees the value of conscious self-improvement effort even though they know no self-actualization theory.

Hope that helps a bit. Elisabeth

Edited by Elisabeth

@Elisabeth Thanks Elisabeth! I am actually starting to build a community and I will travel around the Czech republic, talking about Spiral dynamics and other interesting topics... I will probably find someone, but thats not the goal... I have 2 people who are quite serious, but... I need more. I dont want to find a partner this way, but its possible and it could give me an actual evidence, that people like this exist.

Of course, growth is not everything, colour isnt everything and I cannot find the perfect princess. But I wont be satisfied with a typical orange girl, I know way too many of girls like this. Green would probably do, but I am generally not attracted to anyone at the moment, I dont know if its a problem... And as I am going deeper, I actually think that I dont understand SD as well as I thought. If a person has a desire to grow and live meaningfully, that actually says a lot about him/her, its not as simple as some of the people here think it is.

21 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

@Elisabeth Thanks Elisabeth! I am actually starting to build a community and I will travel around the Czech republic, talking about Spiral dynamics and other interesting topics...

Really cool! Are you Czech? If so, drop me a message and stop by when you visit the main city ;) I started a self-actualisation group with some of my friends recently.

23 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

@ElisabethIf a person has a desire to grow and live meaningfully, that actually says a lot about him/her, its not as simple as some of the people here think it is.

I totally agree with that (although I don't think it really says anything about their SD color, some blue people have that too).