Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Adam M

Considering going Full Autodidact.

12 posts in this topic

Hey guys I'm 18 years old and just finished a couple of vipassana retreats in Thailand.

I have always been a gifted student and have always enjoyed learning about the world from a young age which is why I love actualized.org so much.

I feel that going to college/university to would be a waste of my time and money because I learn best on my own. Plus, I have all the information in the world available to me on the internet for relatively cheap.

I have a great business idea that involves learning (my top value) and I think I'm just going to work on that while I just spend most of my time reading, taking notes, contemplating, and meditating.

What do you guys think? Is going full autodidact a valid path?

I would like to hear your own stories or some feedback :)

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

@Adam M as long as you're able to commit to hardworking, it should be fine. it doesn't matter if you're a genius.

an important detail is that going to college is a way of getting out of your comfort zone. i actually recommend that you do it.

college is a waste of time only if you allow it to be. you can be responsible to make college a GREAT experience (i did it).

Edited by ajasatya

unborn Truth

I am feeling excited for you!!.

Try reading "The Teenage Liberation Handbook: How to Quit School and Get a Real Life and Education"............

"you can download free books from b-ok.org "

*Follow your heart!

*BE LIKE THE SUN SHINING, BE YU.

Try going through  https://www.greatbigscaryworld.com/, its run by jamie, a full time traveller, he has a free pdf and the pdf is about being an " avant garde" , an inspiring free pdf to inspire anyone who wishes to follow their heart and live by their dreams.....

Check out articles from https://liveyourlegend.net, was run by scott dinsmore and scott was all about helping people create a business around their passion .....you dont have to buy their products...scott has left behind a huge collection of articles , read them , you might like it, because, some of his articles revolves around to help one decide if college is for them or not,plus, he has very informative and helpful articles.  A inspiring guy

I am happy for you!.........................

Autodidactism is good choice for entrepreneurs.

But you can't be an action faker, validate your business idea NOW. There are lots of apps and services that can help you do that. Read marketing books, take online courses. Massive action is needed.

It's not an easy road, it's harder. But the pay off is so much greater!

5 hours ago, Adam M said:

I think I'm just going to work on that while I just spend most of my time reading, taking notes, contemplating, and meditating.

With that attitude college is a much better option. You won't kickstart any successful business unless you give it the utmost priority. You have to sacrifice maybe 5 years and put spiritual pursuits on the backburner.

@Adam M

I think it's a great idea. How are you going to support yourself financially while you work on this business?

@Girzo ah yes, thank you for the great advice. Thankfully reading, meditating, and contemplating are also an important part of my business pursuits but I do understand that I will have to make sacrifices. 

@zenny wow thanks for your help dude, will definitely check out these sources

:):)

@ajasatya I will definitely not leave college out of the picture...I recently learned about the california institute of integral studies which is a progressive college in cali that offers degrees in psychedelics and conciousness....so may be worth checking out

Sometimes though I feel that people use college as a way to STAY in their comfort zone because there is less motivation to create opportunities for yourself..

1 minute ago, Adam M said:

Sometimes though I feel that people use college as a way to STAY in their comfort zone because there is less motivation to create opportunities for yourself.

it can be college. it can be your parents' house. it can be an ashram. it can be the streets... any context can be the paradise of the lazy person.

similarly, you can start working really hard RIGHT NOW.

unborn Truth

Yesss autodidact is the way to go !!! I personally love it. Definitely do it if you feel it’s right for you !! :)