deci belle

The Buddha Way

36 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, who chit said:

The words to be written have a spontaneous flow to them as they rise within that silent space of non-psychological awareness.

I within the last month have gone through this. My intellect capacity is very poor. Before the holistic insight of intelligence/truth/awareness I couldn’t communicate anything. The confusion was way to deep as thought was always contradicting itself due to psychological time/desire. When that psychological time stops so does the attachment/dependence/identification which seems to make thought run corrupt. When insight/truth comprehends the whole of reality/thought then communication is the product of truth directly. Thought is the function that relays truth, but truth is not in essence the product of thought/reality. So words arise spontaneously when they are not born of the reactionary nature of thought. I feel what you are saying correct @who chit?

3 minutes ago, Jack River said:

I within the last month have gone through this. My intellect capacity is very poor. Before the holistic insight of intelligence/truth/awareness I couldn’t communicate anything. The confusion was way to deep as thought was always contradicting itself due to psychological time/desire. When that psychological time stops so does the attachment/dependence/identification which seems to make thought run corrupt. When insight/truth comprehends the whole of reality/thought then communication is the product of truth directly. Thought is the function that relays truth, but truth is not in essence the product of thought/reality. So words arise spontaneously when they are not born of the reactionary nature of thought. I feel what you are saying correct @who chit?

You're on it man. This is good to see. B|

@Emanyalpsid once there is freedom the division between truth and reality/thought falls away totally. You see that reality/thought is simply a function of truth itself. Words no longer arise from reaction/choice/confusion, but instead from order/nonreaction,choiclessness. 

Edited by Jack River

22 minutes ago, Jack River said:

Words no longer arise from reaction/choice/confusion, but instead from order/nonreaction,choiclessness. 

This. ?

Edited by who chit

PM wrote:

Wonderful post, deci.

I'd like to add a much more mundane aspect of this approach that I think is extraordinarily valuable.

To study oneself in the more literal sense is also of great benefit on the path, especially for those to whom the more subtle levels of awareness and insight are elusive.

I would advocate that we look at ourselves unflinchingly - our thoughts, our moods, our sensory experience, our motivation - all of it. Just watch, no need to even change anything or interfere. Develop familiarity with what is going on rather than simply riding the thought/emotion train day in day out, reacting in unawareness and living as an automaton. Live in awareness, no matter where we are on our path.

As we being to really take stock of all of this and free ourselves of our conditioned responses and patterns, we are naturally guided to look at the looker as well. That is when investigation and insight begin to reveal the more subtle and profound aspects of our true nature to which your refer. 

So while I do not disagree with anything you wrote and appreciate your ability to express deep insight, I believe those same words and teachings can be applied at multiple levels to guide us at different stages along the way.

Merciii~ yes, layers of transcendent application of reality's expression accord within and without simultaneously, absolutely.

Nana i ke kumu  Ka imi loa

57 minutes ago, Jack River said:

@Emanyalpsid once there is freedom the division between truth and reality/thought falls away totally. You see that reality/thought is simply a function of truth itself. Words no longer arise from reaction/choice/confusion, but instead from order/nonreaction,choiclessness. 

This is the universe thinking it exists upon itself.

It is a pedantic formality to refer to "dependent origination" which is ordinary consciousness in the throes of appearing to justify Cause. This is pure intellectualism on the part of a recreational philosopher. What would be the point in pinching pebbles of which anyone can discern the source?  Who can refer to one's inherent causeless nonoriginated essence, hmmmm? Furthermore, what might be your part in its application, sir?

You are stuck in borrowed words… but carry on as you will, dear.

Moving right along for the benefit of those with the will to enlightenment.

But though it is possible for those having penetrated a practical experiential basis in the real can see how it is possible to apply Dogen's elevated living words on multiple levels of understanding, there is only one mind which all levels of experience have in reference to recognition of one's being that is nonoriginated. Therefore, in terms of this mind, and in terms of effective and immediate wordless insight by those whose practical work of self-refinement is real, there are no levels.

What is the mind of the nonoriginated self the Buddha says to refer everything to? It is the mind that does not think. One's own awareness not construed by the thinking mentality is immediate wordless insight. Just this mind is the Unborn.

When wordless insight is present, don't think about it— in developing a subtle continuity of unminding concentration in the midst of everyday ordinary situations by open-minded wordless stable insight one enters into the only kind of practice worthy of the name. The Unborn is truly all there is. When you get this, just don't let it turn into other states.

After a long, long time of stability in resting in the Unborn, eventually there is awakening to reality as is which finally obliterates one's uncertainty and doubt.

This mind is the same in all sentient beings be they buddhas or ordinary deluded people. But "only those who cultivate themselves to conform to essence can direct the course of nature and not be caused to wax and wane by nature".

It is all well and good that all sentient beings have this and are this enlightenment already, but even for those who have seen essence, their original face, if they cannot avail themselves of this knowledge, it is the same as if they had no knowledge.

Bankei never wore out his unborn mind. He just told ordinary folk the same thing over and over without ever changing his story until the day he died that one simply must apply one's own everyday ordinary unborn mind by not turning it into anything else by compulsions following thoughts based on selfish perspectives relative to the personality that thinks.

The galloping mind is the scourge of human being. Just don't let the unborn awareness perpetually present without beginning turn into other states by thinking unawares. It is thinking unawares that carries one away from the perpetually pristine unborn mind.

Don't stop this thinking mind— just don't follow it unawares. When you let the human mentality go on without you, the unborn is already just your true self activated in terms of the capacity of impersonal objective observation.  That's your mind.

As for those who cultivate themselves to conform to essence— it is just resting in the Unborn as all things act in concert. This is the place where one sees Return. Return is just the celestial arising from within the mundane. Those who see the spontaneous arising of the celestial see the source of Change, and therefore do not go along with change.

It is not a matter of mundane or elevated aspects differentiating people. Those who can rest in the Unborn for an instant are buddhas for an instant. Those who rest in the Unborn for a lifetime are buddhas for a lifetime. It's only just now.

This mind is the same in all sentient beings be they buddhas or ordinary deluded people. But "only those who cultivate themselves to conform to essence can direct the course of nature and not be caused to wax and wane by nature".

This may help those who truly wonder why understanding reality matters.

Nana i ke kumu  Ka imi loa

6 minutes ago, deci belle said:

It is all well and good that all sentient beings have this and are this enlightenment already, but even for those who have seen essence, their original face, if they cannot avail themselves of this knowledge, it is the same as if they had no knowledge.

Right on?

39 minutes ago, deci belle said:

As in 24/7 choiceless awareness ?

Then experience doesn’t get attached too, or time isn’t in a constant state of clinging to mind content/the familiar/ the known. As in no more self identifying with its content which projects the fixed nature of experience or the old/the known/thought. I think I am following the way your laying it down?. 

Edited by Jack River

Pretty ironic that you are telling me that I'm stuck in borrowed words, dear. ;) 

I only referred to dependent origination as one must use words in trying to explain things, dear. The insight into the nature of reality is not intellectualism, dear, it is experiential knowledge as I showed with the flower, dear. If a cause arises, an effect arises also.

The whole teaching of buddhism is to forget about using words as they come from thinking. And thinking comes from the believe that reality exists upon itself. If one thinks reality exists upon itself, one can give meaning to it through itself. And you, my dear,  are giving a lot of meaning, by using a lot of words.

By not thinking one is able to penetrate reality, which I also explained, dear. But not thinking  is not enough, one must be aware of what is happening and how this comes to be. Where do your thoughts come from? How come you write all the things you write?

So either you didn't understand my previous reply as you don't have insight into the nature of reality yet, or you are trying to somehow downplay my response with fancy wordplay, which serves no other use than mental masturbation, dear. Or worse, a combination of both.

Moving right along for the benefit of those with the will to enlightenment. And for those with the imagination to interpretate your words to form their reality to this interpretation.

Edited by Emanyalpsid

42 minutes ago, deci belle said:

it is just resting in the Unborn as all things act in concert. This is the place where one sees Return

Those who can rest in the Unborn for an instant are buddhas for an instant. Those who rest in the Unborn for a lifetime are buddhas for a lifetime. It's only just now.

Yes indeed.
I refer to it as "resting in ones own being".  And It certainly is "where one sees Return."

Beautiful,truthful words. Thanks  @deci belle .mantra-om.jpg

Edited by who chit

It's not hate, just an opinion, the soup needed a pinch of salt xD

Edited by Hellspeed

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

6 minutes ago, who chit said:
48 minutes ago, deci belle said:

it is just resting in the Unborn as all things act in concert. This is the place where one sees Return

Those who can rest in the Unborn for an instant are buddhas for an instant. Those who rest in the Unborn for a lifetime are buddhas for a lifetime. It's only just now.

Yes indeed.
I refer to it as "resting in ones own being".  And It certainly is "where one sees Return."

Beautiful,truthful words. Thanks  @deci belle .mantra-om.jpg

Yep. It goes way beyond experience this nothingness or nonbeing/headlessness. It’s the ground and the constant. Experience is just the function of that ground. It’s so clear now my Brahmans xD

@who chit I’m with you dude..with all you dudes?even the haters:D

Edited by Jack River

1 hour ago, Jack River said:

@who chit I’m with you dude..with all you dudes?even the haters:D

Back atcha' man.
The haters>:( need love too. In choiceless acceptance there's no discriminating. :)