Andrea Marchetti

Marijuana as an Ally: how to not abuse

12 posts in this topic

Hello fellows,

I've came across Castaneda's books, this is my first approach into shamanism and I've found out that I have, for years now, an ally: Marijuana. I've been using it at first often, then rarely, then I rejected it and then I tried it again, realising that it's, in itself, neutral and just an instrument.
My whole research into spirituality started with the experiences I had with marijuana, which is quite different from the common effect. Basically it's a marijuana experience focused inwards, beyond the first panicky effect of ego dissolution, where peace and the laws of reality starts to express themselves in the form of love and intuitions. In my case (I guess it's a peculiarity) it's really fast-paced mentally, or maybe I should say low-paced... I don't know, it's strangely both... Anyway, this brought me to use it as an escape from my miserable ordinary life and also as a way to boost my ego with spiritual shit, which you can see it's quite dangerous, that's why I rejected it. Nonetheless, it also brought me to search for a better way to live my life and a desire to find the same thing on my own. So both good and bad sides got amplified.

Now I'm looking for an healthy way to approach it, I'm pondering whether it's right for me to use it at all or not, how can I not abuse it, if it's dangerous for my mental health (meant as the level of awareness, not in the common psychological "not-normality" sense). Techniques to gain power over the bad sides of the experience. I wanna have control over, not the negative emotions, but over the effects of what I feel have on me. While I write I realise that, somewhere in the back of my mind I know, more or less, what's right or wrong. Yet, I'm doubting it.

Is marijuana your "ally"? Can you share you experience? How do you use it? How often? Do you have any advice? Do you know any good bibliography on the subject?

Edited by Andrea Marchetti
wrong syntax

@Andrea Marchetti If treated with total respect the smoke can be a great ally. Sit silently in nature like in the deep woods for instance and the smoke will show you truth.

In spiritual work, I think marijuana is like a tightrope. Some people can stay on the rope and get somewhere very productive with it, but most people fall off the rope and end up abusing it, using it as a crutch and exaggerating to themselves the spiritual benefits gained.

I enjoyed reading your post, by the way. Extremely clear and well-written. Good morning.

i defintiely get great insights during my w33d highs

but i think the balance between fun/spirtual work on weed for me is 50/50

the side effects of w33d which i categorize as fun include, binge eating bad food, reproductive activities ;) and other distractions which my ego sneakily tells me is spirtual work but i tend to be all over the place and not always be contemplating

looking back, i had come to the conclusion at one point that i'd get the food and other urges out of the way during the inital high and leave the remainder of it to contemplte. which was good. but then i got stuck on the process wherein weed is good for me cuz of the spirtual work so i will keep doing it. but it came with this other 50% fun baggage which is full distraction / desire / personal pleasure...

gotta be careful . if you are truly being honest with yourself and use it just for spirtual work. then it's good - be aware of the sneakyness of the ego. it gets you good.

aka you can delude yourself like a champ for years/months!

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

Marijuana does need some time to "recharge" or the insights will be more muddled, egotistic, or none at all, in my experience.   I don't know how directly this is related to tolerance, but I've also heard it has to do with depleting energy in the astral or etheric bodies... whatever those are. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

@Andrea Marchetti I could see if I can find one, but honestly I just have one of those brains that soak up everything I hear over the years and then spew it out as if I know its true. HAHA. Story of my life. I mostly likely heard this in other forums, since there wouldn't really be any scientific way to prove it does this energy depletion (that I know of)

I have extended experience with the plant. 

Recently I'm using it only in the form of edibles. 

Is very good for healing once you get the hang on it and know what you are doing.

But it will interfere with testosterone in a way, so maybe not using it so often is optimum. 

Edited by Hellspeed

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

if your goal is to not "abuse" it, you have to set proper boundaries around your usage of it. So maybe use it biweekly and create a ritual around it. Use the time to meditate and self-reflect.

On 16/10/2018 at 11:38 AM, seeking_brilliance said:

Marijuana does need some time to "recharge" or the insights will be more muddled, egotistic, or none at all, in my experience.   I don't know how directly this is related to tolerance, but I've also heard it has to do with depleting energy in the astral or etheric bodies... whatever those are. 

I have this experience too. I am addicted to weed and the biggest problem is that weed does give me great insights, it's almost guaranteed BUT, as you said, if i smoke frequently, the trip gets less and less valuable and more "low consciousness". It's a tough addiction for me because of this, on one hand, it gets out of control pretty quickly (smoke everyday, eat junk food, decreases sleep quality, brain fog, adhd symptoms, anxiety), but on the other hand, it was crucial for me at several moments in my life that i was struggling with some problem and i smoke it and had a big insight. I am experimenting with it in order to not gave in to cravings and cycle it like use it once a week or something like this. 

@Recursoinominado yeah try it... It took me a while to get to a week and lately I've reverted back to every other day or so, but I also use very little per day. 

It also helped me through some tough shit... But it's like a two egded sword because it  can sometimes hinder as much as help. 

The best method to use it is to get the insights and then make yourself apply them while sober. Even if you've lost the motivation, make yourself do it anyway. (unless it's the insight of something like "I should run around the streets naked to make a huge blow to ego."  yes, there's ultimately nothing wrong with doing that, but you will end up in jail and scare the neighbors.) 

One should also attempt to get in touch with insights you get while sober.  Sometimes I think it's a matter of paying much more attention to them while intoxicated, as if they didn't exist while sober. 

I’ve found both psychedelics and cannibis to be spiritual allies. It’s hard to form a habit with psychedelics or get addicted to them. It’s easy to form a habit with cannibis.