John Iverson

I want to know, to all Actualizers here, who are the people that inspires you

40 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, kieranperez said:

@John Iverson care to contribute to your own thread? Lol

How about you?

I cannot settle it right now , i have some people that i look up to, but the reason i make this thread i want to find someone that it will make me settle

On 11/10/2018 at 6:47 AM, John Iverson said:

Who is rich roll for you

Rich Roll is an inspiration.  

On a superficial look, he appears to be a "youtube" personality.  But when you go deep, learn about his life experience and back story, and pay attention to how he handles/communicates certain issues, he has so much to offer. 

In a nut shell, he was an Ivy League swimmer in his youth and became a lawyer for 15-20 years.  He initially became a functional alcoholic, but slowly progressed into being a nonfunctional alcoholic, which led to the dismantling of his life.  After years of misery and instability, he asked for help.  Following his sobriety, he started training again and performed many incredible feats.  An example of which is he performed 5 iron mans in a week.  Part of his transformation into a sobriety and reinvigoration of his health (through sport) was that he took on a whole-food plant-based diet; he give a large amount of credit to this diet change for his ability to perform these sporting feats at his age (40's).  

He has a podcast (the Rich Roll Podcast) where he brings on a variety of inspirational sporting and spiritual-focused individuals. I would recommend any of the podcasts with guru Singh as a starting point.

Why is he an inspiration to me?  Although I did not have alcohol-dependency issues, I was struggling with my health.  Through his podcast he inspired me to take back my health, through a plant-based diet and sport.  60 lbs later, I am healthier than I have been for the past decade. 

I am very fortunate to have come across Rich Roll's content online.  

His drive in life, his ability to communicate with compassion, his focus on health and spirituality, and his humility are all characteristics I find inspiring.  

Professor Peter C. Gøtzsche. I recommend everyone who has a life purpose to study his work. Especially if you are interested in human rights and equality. 

Edited by Andreas

• Carl Jung
  • Terence Mckenna
  • Alan Watts
  • Patti Smith
  • Joan of Arc
  • Rumi
  • Frida Kahlo
  • Leo Gura
  • Phil Hine
  • Maya Angelou
  • Ann Sexton
  • George Carlin
  • Edgar Cayce
  • Björk

And many more. ;) 

Edited by VioletFlame

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love" 

Nikola Tesla, Sadhguru, Vernon Howard,  Alan Watts,  Leo... 

@John Iverson Iron Man, Batman, Brainiac, Damian Wayne and Jason Todd. I'm more internally motivated and see greatness in myself, rather than getting inspired by others.

Edited by saffron
for got to add the last part.

The Dark Knight, Jordan Peterson, Stephan Molyeneux. Steve Jobs, Alex Honnold, and ofc Leo (I mean how can you not be inspired by his vegatable soup am I right?) i'm sure theres more who i'm not thinking of RN. 

I think who inspires me depends a lot on where I am on my journey. There are qualities I wish I had, but I don't, and when I see them in others, I feel in-spired (in-spirited?)

As of now, there are many of them, in different industries and are doing many different things. There's quite a long list, so instead of naming them, I'll list the qualities they embody:

1.  Those who USE their life to improve other people's lives whilst completely enjoying it. 
  2.  Those who seek to know themselves so they can do 1.
  3.  Those who learn and teach what they learn so they and others can do 1. 
  4.  Those who USE their experiences (even painful ones) to grow so they can do 1.
  5.  Those who inspire others not to become like them, but to be their own inspiration to do 1,2, 3 and 4.

P.S: I also wish to thank you for posting this question, cause while typing out this response, I realized what the word 'selfless' actually meant. I had got it wrong all my life. 

On 04.11.2018 at 1:50 PM, John Iverson said:

So the only thing that you admire is yourself? Haha

Exactly, in the most profound way. At a superficial level, anyone else.  

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

On 11/15/2018 at 0:27 AM, VioletFlame said:
  • Carl Jung
  • Terence Mckenna
  • Alan Watts
  • Patti Smith
  • Joan of Arc
  • Rumi
  • Frida Kahlo
  • Leo Gura
  • Phil Hine
  • Maya Angelou
  • Ann Sexton
  • George Carlin
  • Edgar Cayce
  • Björk

And many more. ;) 

Can you give me in each person what they express, What they produce, what they design or create, what is that for you,..What is unique about them ..to each other.. what are their capable of doing that helps you to see other potentials in your life purpose and in life...

On 11/15/2018 at 2:09 AM, Metody said:

Nikola Tesla, Sadhguru, Vernon Howard,  Alan Watts,  Leo... 

Answer this blank

Nikola Tesla - ________________

Sadhguru - _________________

Vernon Howard - _________________

Alan Watts - ______________

Leo - _________________

what is in them for you, give me an answer that will give me their uniqueness to each other.. 

On 11/24/2018 at 2:46 AM, rNOW said:

I think who inspires me depends a lot on where I am on my journey. There are qualities I wish I had, but I don't, and when I see them in others, I feel in-spired (in-spirited?)

As of now, there are many of them, in different industries and are doing many different things. There's quite a long list, so instead of naming them, I'll list the qualities they embody:

1.  Those who USE their life to improve other people's lives whilst completely enjoying it. 
  2.  Those who seek to know themselves so they can do 1.
  3.  Those who learn and teach what they learn so they and others can do 1. 
  4.  Those who USE their experiences (even painful ones) to grow so they can do 1.
  5.  Those who inspire others not to become like them, but to be their own inspiration to do 1,2, 3 and 4.

P.S: I also wish to thank you for posting this question, cause while typing out this response, I realized what the word 'selfless' actually meant. I had got it wrong all my life. 

Aww thanks! After all this kind of post is for you :)

Wait , people here and people will read this post... if you will put people here that inspires you ...answer it by this, 

come to think of it that if someone doesn't know who is he/sha should look up to, he doesn't know a person , didn't know about that specific person, so answer it as if that if someone read your answer it has so much information to that person that makes him absorb by it and he / she will say wowwww! This is interesting to embody and i want this field to advance by me or create new in here... did you get it? Or wowww! Let me go dig deeper in this person and in this specific thing... 

35 minutes ago, Capethaz said:

Vernom Howard

Give me details, read above your first reply to this post????????

Warren Buffet. The amount of time he waited to start making money is admirable. 

His patience and wisdom are inspiring.  

Get the #1 Productivity Hack for 2019 (That no one knows about) Get it Here!

On 12/30/2018 at 10:07 AM, luismatos said:

Sadhguru man!

Why sadhguru man