The Blind Sage

Is LSD good Enough for spiritual purposes?

18 posts in this topic

I'm currently a 20 year old University student studying abroad in Australia. The only psychedelic I have access to is lsd. The first 2 experiences I've had were rather disappointing. Although I felt an increased ability to observe and be present it wasn't anything too profound. I felt as if though my brain was fried after the experience-it was utterly exhausting and overstimulating although enjoyable. To put it clearly, if it wasn't for Leo I would probably think they're a waste of time/only for a fun experience. I'm not sure if there is something wrong (either something I was doing or lsd is the wrong substance) or if I just need to keep going and be patient for results. I could order different psychedelics off the deep web and experiment for myself, but I'm afraid of the legal ramifications if I get caught as I stay in a University accommodation and have no other place to send the stuff to. So I'm stuck with lsd for now.

I'm quite inexperienced with psychedelics as you can tell. So I wanted to ask you guys:

Is LSD good enough for spiritual purposes or would a tryptamine be more suitable?
What did it take until the psychedelic yielded some tangible results (aka gaining an insight)

Just to reiterate; this post is not about the sourcing of psychedelics-only if lsd is a good enough psychedelic to work with in the long term.

My first trip on LSD was amazing.  I was so lucky.  It was my best trip on LSD because it was so unexpected.  The last trip I did in April of this year was my deepest LSD trip in terms of profound realizations and insights coming in for months afterward.

I've had a few underwhelming LSD trips but it's because when I first starting doing LSD I was doing it too much and when my tolerance was too high.   You gotta wait like 2 weeks between LSD trips to let your tolerance go back down or else you just waste your stuff.  

The best way to do LSD is like 200 mics once a year.  

Less is more with psychedelics after you've gone through your initial experimental phase with them.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

The main question is what do you do when you trip? Are you active, do you try to look everywhere or just go inside your mind without any distraction. My prior trips weren't very deep, but with every other trip my insights are much bigger because I understand how to use this tool. Don't feel bad if you don't get huge life changing insights. You have to work with what you get. Don't push yourself that you can get everything in a year time. It's a long process, takes time to implement the changes. Like one trip can click for you half a year later. Its SUFISTICATED stuff

Mahadev

Yes LSD is enough to give you some insights but it just doesn't give it to you you have to work for it. It is a tool. Try to do self-inquiry when you trip that does the trick for me. If you are not sure how to do it properly try to read Leo's practical guide to enlightenment. Do the exercises when tripping and see how it goes.

Higher doses also tend to be more insightful but it is important to focus on safety first when dealing with this substances. The insights with a higher dose could be owerwhelming and at that point you won't get it out of your body.

LSD is good enough.

There are three solutions, if you are not satisfied:

• Do it alone, if currently you are doing it with a trip sitter.
  • Slowly up the dosage.
  • Do more practice before your next trip. For example attend a Vipassana retreat or do Kriya for a month.

@The Blind Sage Of course you can! LSD is the most potent psychedelic that there is.

I have had some paradigm shattering trips with LSD. My body's tolerance is high with all drugs in general, so I didn't notice anything significant below 150ug. Everyone is different so, be careful as you increase your dosage. Also, meditate and set intention for what it is you want out of the trip. One cannot just take the drug and wait for it to give you the insight.

We are enslaved by anything we do not consciously see. We are freed by conscious perception.

- Vernon Howard

@Serotoninluv

First Trip:
160 ug. I woke up before the sunrise and spent the trip at a park. I spent it with 2 friends. Most of it was spent observing my friend who was having a paradigm shattering insight (breaking his stage orange models).

Second:
210 ug. I spent it near the coast with 1 friend. Most of the trip was spent sitting quietly observing the nature around us.

Although I knew it would have been better to do it alone, I wasn't comfortable as it was the first time I had ever dealt with a powerful psychedelic before. Since then, I've watched Leos video on how to use psychedelics, and have also read 3 books from Martin Ball including 'being human'. I'll be tripping alone next month and this time I understand what set and setting is ideal.

7 minutes ago, The Blind Sage said:

@Serotoninluv

First Trip:
160 ug. I woke up before the sunrise and spent the trip at a park. I spent it with 2 friends. Most of it was spent observing my friend who was having a paradigm shattering insight (breaking his stage orange models).

Second:
210 ug. I spent it near the coast with 1 friend. Most of the trip was spent sitting quietly observing the nature around us.

Although I knew it would have been better to do it alone, I wasn't comfortable as it was the first time I had ever dealt with a powerful psychedelic before. Since then, I've watched Leos video on how to use psychedelics, and have also read 3 books from Martin Ball including 'being human'. I'll be tripping alone next month and this time I understand what set and setting is ideal.

Those dosages take most people well beyond what you describe. Your lsd may have been underdosed or you may have naturally low sensitivity. 

@The Blind Sage

Micro dosing is more effective over a long period of time for self actualization and spiritual growth. 

(Assuming you meditate daily as well) 

Your intuition is your own personal genie.  Learn to trust that infinite intelligence.

@WorknMan

The batch tested positive for an indole. Also, a friend who's experienced with psychedelics took a tab and claims it was good acid.

Yep, pretty sure.

1 minute ago, The Blind Sage said:

@WorknMan

The batch tested positive for an indole. Also, a friend who's experienced with psychedelics took a tab and claims it was good acid.

Yep, pretty sure.

Are you sure it was dosed properly?

25 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Are you sure it was dosed properly?

The first time I took a single tab of what was supposed to be 160 ug
The second time I took 2 tabs of what was supposed to be 105 ug each.
A friend I took it with has been taking psychedelics for some number of years now. He says the experience it produced was not unexpected of the dose (for his trip). Also, I trust the dealer. 

I'm not sure how acid is produced so it's possible that I had a batch that wasn't spread evenly across all tabs?

I apologise for not painting a clear picture, the acid was astronomically powerful but more in a sensory phenomenal aspect-to the point where I was drained by the end of the trip. But there was nothing 'spiritual'/metaphysical' about it at the same time. The most profound it got was a mental state where concepts lose their self-evidence for a little while. Not that that's something that isn't profound, but I was expecting to just be handed an insight just because I took a drug.

After reading what people have said-I think I just need to be patient with the acid. I haven't done close to 1% of the spiritual work to begin to feel frustrated yet. I still have a lot to learn and the acid is probably just reflecting my crude level of spiritual development. I need to cultivate a practice of self inquiry.

Edited by The Blind Sage

@The Blind Sage Different people have different experienes. Some people experience strong visuals, others a strong headspace. You may want to create a mediitative space and trip solo.

Personally, I prefer psilocybin for introspective work. Lsd is more extrospective - it’s great for being at one with nature or everyone at a music festival. 

If you get more interested down the road, there are lots of different psychedelics- more than one of which will resonate with you.

I agree with you that level of development influenes trip experience.

@Serotoninluv I'd love to experiment with mushrooms especially, but no dealers offer it in Sydney :(. The deep web's an option but I'm wary of getting caught :(

I've been looking for a shrooms supplier for 8 months with no luck now. If only mankind weren't so fucking stupid to criminalise something that could be our saviour....fuuuuuu

There are suppliers in Amsterdam who will post you a growing kit. It arrives in a small plain brown box with instructions on how to grow mushrooms. Works very well and 2 to 3 weeks later, you have your own crop.