EugeneTheSage

Meditation power fading down

10 posts in this topic

Hi guys. I am meditating over the year and I have changed a couple meditation techniques throughout this time. It was a vipassana, isha kriya, mantra focusing technique and some other. So I have a deal: everytime I start a new technique my progress is skyrockets, I very focused and aware on the start. But after a two weeks I become totally unconscious and it hard to give my focus straight even a few times throughout the practise. Have you any ideas guys what is the reasin of it? I wanna get the answer what is the nature of it rather than just what should I do with it. Also I am interested in question how long do you keep one practise before changing it to another?

@EugeneTheSage What worked for me was, keep trying different techniques until you find that one that works really well for you. I found mine, and my results are simply over the roof in just four months! Leo’s booklist is a great place to find those huge range of techniques. Until you find ‘that one technique’ keep on trying different ones. Once you find it, stop all other techniques and go very deep on that one. Research all you can on the author of that technique and follow them deeply. Don’t become a dabbler.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@EugeneTheSage my guess is your meditation becomes mechanical/automatic

Like pretty much everything you do over time if you not stay actively conscious

Imagine / remember the progress of learing to drive a car, in the beginning you gotta be aware of every little move you do. Later u can do the whole progress without even thinking about it

Give your best to stay in "the beginners mind", every time, like u do it for the first time

1 hour ago, EugeneTheSage said:

But after a two weeks I become totally unconscious and it hard to give my focus straight even a few times throughout the practise.

What do you mean by "totally unconscious"? Do you mean distracted or not aware of anything?

After watching breath for a while it is natural to not notice it - nor anything else; this is not that you have gone unconscious it is rather pure consciousness.

After 5 years of meditation, I still have these periods of time where meditation doesnt work as I want it to.

You have to know that there is lots of stuff going on inside of you uncounsciously.

This is absolutely fine and required for progress. Mind is learning.

What I do when I dont get really deep into meditative state, I practice calming my Mind and have no thought.

Also I'm trying to sense my Body, do some chakra- balancing/ opening.

Cause remember - Body, Mind and Spirit are all going down this path - together.

keep skyrocketing!

EDIT: try quitting all techniques, be your own guru. Only you can see what is hindering you from getting the best results of your meditation. trying out techniques is like finding the right key out of hundrets for just one lock. check out the lock, and you'll see what the right key must look like.

there is always a chance of my post being pure bullshit

Edited by Bluff
inside

19 hours ago, ThinAir said:
19 hours ago, ThinAir said:

@EugeneTheSage my guess is your meditation becomes mechanical/automatic

Like pretty much everything you do over time if you not stay actively conscious

Imagine / remember the progress of learing to drive a car, in the beginning you gotta be aware of every little move you do. Later u can do the whole progress without even thinking about it

Give your best to stay in "the beginners mind", every time, like u do it for the first time

I agree with you, It seems like it gets to be very automatic, like the move that sportsman repeats thousand of times.

19 hours ago, dorg said:

What do you mean by "totally unconscious"? Do you mean distracted or not aware of anything?

After watching breath for a while it is natural to not notice it - nor anything else; this is not that you have gone unconscious it is rather pure consciousness.

I know I am unconscious, because all that time I not noticing my breath is going monkey chatter activity. Sometimes I thinking about it: who knows - maybe I noticing my unconscious more often because I became more conscious?

Happens that way with me, too. When I explore a new technique, the freshness of it becomes my fuel, but after the novelty wears off, I have to dig for the deeper fuel.....the fuel that drives my whole practice. 

Learn to channel the power of the breath into 1st chakra to get results. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

On 10/16/2018 at 6:08 AM, EugeneTheSage said:

I know I am unconscious, because all that time I not noticing my breath is going monkey chatter activity. Sometimes I thinking about it: who knows - maybe I noticing my unconscious more often because I became more conscious?

Noticing that you have gone unconscious is becoming conscious again.

The mind chattering away is not a problem as long as you are aware of it, what is a problem is you becoming involved in it and thus losing awareness.