Rilles

Physiological Reaction To An Insight?

27 posts in this topic

yes. thoughts and beliefs can entail anxiety. zen all the way through it.

unborn Truth

every time i stumble upon a significant insight a feel certain feelings in the body

@i am I AM I posted the video sloppily, he contradicts himself, first he says he didnt know what was going on and that he thought he was off his rocker, and then he says it wasnt frightening... anyway... im not into debating... maybe its all just ??

Dont look at me! Look inside!

I had my second Dark Night of the Soul when I realized that all Thought and Experience has nothing behind the scenes.  I also realized that I exist all alone and basically lose myself in Ego the same way some couch potato loses themselves in TV, as a way to distract myself away from reality, from what is true.  Egos want Enlightenment until they realize Enlightenment is what ultimately takes Ego away from you.  And this is more than the Egoic self -- Ego is larger than the Egoic self.  Ego also includes external reality and other beings.  Yeah, Ego dies in Enlightenment Work.  That's the elephant in the room that no Spiritual Ego wants to accept.  And when your Ego dies as a Spiritual Ego, it is a big wham-o.  It's like grieving the death of all Thought and Experience.  But in that death comes awareness of what actually exists, which is the true Self.  When Maya dies and the true Self is all that's left, that's when you'll discover what God is.  And that will be a cognizance of a new life, a different life than you thought you had before.  When one door closes another door opens.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Rilles Both. Yet the peaceful overwhelms (oversees) the less "positive" feelings. Of course, it's possible that, or everything varies, so always take what I say with some salt.