frnsh

About the Purple stage of Spiral Dynamics

21 posts in this topic

Hi, 

I've started watching the videos related to the stages and as we all have percentages of the stages in us, I have been having a problem with my purple side. 

Some time ago I made this topic: 

And now I wonder if my purple side has created this issue. I still have it and not sure how to proceed. As Leo is not going to make a video about this stage, I made this topic. I would be thankful to hear some tips on this. :)

Yes it is, that is why I'm asking about it. Health of all our sides is one of the purposes of this process anyways. :)

Watch this entire video. In it, he describes the stages and what you must do to fully integrate each stage. (Although, not in comprehensive detail)

Part of full integrating stage purple from my interpretation from the video is about having good relationships, enjoying having fun with others and around others.

On 10/15/2018 at 3:20 AM, CreamCat said:

Having healthy Purple is important.

Care to define what “having healthy purple” means?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

19 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Care to define what “having healthy purple” means?

@Joseph Maynor Unhealthy purple leads to tribal wars. TJ Reeves defined healthy Purple well. Refer to

for details. In summary, Purple is about tribe(family and friends and your associates), tradition, and ritual. It is magical and tribal.

This video is healthy Purple, too. This video is also Beige because it focuses on eating well. Thomas Frank treats a morning routine(morning ritual) as a magic to improve his life. You don't analyze a magic. You utilize magic because it works. Unhealthy purple would turn into cargo cult which obsesses over rituals that do not work anymore.

Edited by CreamCat

1 hour ago, CreamCat said:

@Joseph Maynor Unhealthy purple leads to tribal wars. TJ Reeves defined healthy Purple well. Refer to

for details. In summary, Purple is about tribe(family and friends and your associates), tradition, and ritual. It is magical and tribal.

This video is healthy Purple, too. This video is also Beige because it focuses on eating well. Thomas Frank treats a morning routine(morning ritual) as a magic to improve his life. You don't analyze a magic. You utilize magic because it works. Unhealthy purple would turn into cargo cult which obsesses over rituals that do not work anymore.

Nobody's at Purple.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

3 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Nobody's at purple.  

Virtually nobody is solid purple. But, Thomas Frank embodies Purple well. I am trying to embody healthy Purple, too.

I want to get A+ on Purple. TJ Reeves talks about getting A+ on each stage of spiral dynamics.

Edited by CreamCat

4 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Nobody's at Purple.  

I would to hear more of you thoughts on this. You need to watch TJ Reeves video (the one I linked)

In brief

Thomas Reeves says

If you want to be the best, you have to revisit each stage and make sure you are proficient in each stage, otherwise, if stuff in your foundation is fucked up, than everything else will be fucked up.  The basic idea is, if your not doing good at embodying the best bits (the healthy manifestations) of the early stages, you will end up being fucked up one way or the other.

In the video he attributes

Beige = Healthy Nutrition, Exercise (At least 30 minutes worth of walking), Meditation, Proper Breathing.

Purple = Having a healthy and fun social life, having at least 5 good friends, scheduling of time, rituals

Red = Getting shit done, being assertive, having purpose, acting on the purpose, being the hero

Blue = Having principles and discipline on those principles. 

Watch the videos. He starts describing that stages at roughly 40 minutes in. Each avenger represent a stage in the spiral.

On 14/10/2018 at 0:32 AM, frnsh said:

Hi, 

I've started watching the videos related to the stages and as we all have percentages of the stages in us, I have been having a problem with my purple side. 

Some time ago I made this topic: 

And now I wonder if my purple side has created this issue. I still have it and not sure how to proceed. As Leo is not going to make a video about this stage, I made this topic. I would be thankful to hear some tips on this. :)

Im just curious what do these beings look like ?

6 hours ago, CreamCat said:

That vid is orange

13 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

That vid is orange

Yes, it is. Thomas Frank is Orange. His face color is also a bit Orange. But, that video is also Beige and Purple.

Orange can exist with other colors in a person.

Edited by CreamCat

It seems to me that this tj reeves guy has his own spiral dynamics logic and model, I'm not sure that's how it works 

6 minutes ago, Pernani said:

It seems to me that this tj reeves guy has his own spiral dynamics logic and model, I'm not sure that's how it works 

I think he’s veered off the Clare Graves model. I’m not sure if he has a misunderstanding or wants to modify it into his own version.

@Serotoninluv he mentioned couple times that he's building a cult 

my opinion would be to not listen to TJ about spiral dynamics. he has a lot of it wrong and he has classic resistance to a bunch of stage green concepts. it will hinder your progress if you believe it 

Edited by d0ornokey

Getting caught in the illusion of progress hinders progress too:(. Why wait to see through this falsity dudes. End it today. So gnarly how the intellect feeds itself. 

Edited by Jack River

As a good friend once said

”Walking the path of measure only prolongs the burden of measure.”

Edited by Jack River