Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
danton

Building my fundations first

13 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

I know this post could belong in every other categories and maybe it should be. But, I put it here cause I think maybe it could resonate with a lot of us and make some people rethink their self-development strategy.

I've always seen concepts like Meditation, Consciousness, Enlightenment, Spirituality  as the last step of being fully self-actualisation.

Although we can start to meditate and become more conscious and self-aware at every stage in our journey towards our higher-self, because those are our basic tools (to build our inner house from bottom-up). we can start to use from the beginning.

However, I made the mistake having had some insights into my higher spiritual self and I thought my inner house was strong enough so I could focus on building the roof now (of course this house is not my human ego, let's say it's my spiritual-self, if this word make any sense). Anyway, they're cracks in my inner house in the fondations and in the walls. If I continue to work more and more on this roof, eventually the full building will collapse.

Like Leo said a few times: "WE CANNOT SKIP STEPS".

I really like listening new videos from Leo, I'm very passionate about it. But...

Today, I don't listen to those videos anymore, I'm not there yet although my ego tries to make me think so.

Since about 1 month, I started to listen to video #1 of Leo 4 years back. One video a day, or one every two days if they are long. I take diligent notes. I reread my notes every 10 days and I reread them again after a certain time. In a few years, I may catch up to you guys!

Listening those earlier videos, I clearly realize that my fondation is not as solid as I though. I don't just listen to those early videos, I try to find ways to act on what I learned to integrate them. I've never been this motivated in a my life, cause I think I've found my life purpose. This journey towards my life purpose is a few decades long journey, cause it's BIG and I'm passionate about it. At one point, yes I will have to build my roof, I need for my life purpose, but not until the rest of my inner house is strong enough to support it.

Congrats to those who read this until the end, I'll make it shorter next time.

Cheers!

David

@danton Before you start to chase after ideal dreams, it’s very important to fix any problems you have in your life first. That’s what it means to build a foundation. Check out Leo’s booklist for practical information on how to solve any part of your life.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@danton You're all good man! You are spot on with your house metaphor. You need to build a solid foundation first, but that does not mean that you can't browse roofs for your future, its always good to keep an eye on what your aiming for ;) 

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” ― Meister Eckhart,

@How to be wise My "ideal dreams" are mostly inward. Of course, if I come closer to the person I want to be it will have an effect on the outer world. After a long search of many many years, I think I found a lifetime project that will help me grow a lot inside and at the same will help the world, we will see...

@danton Yes, that is totally the right mindset. I fully resonate with that. Many people jump full boar into spirituality with a life in shambles. 

@Joseph Maynor I'd rather keep it for myself at this stage. I view my life purpose as something very personal that I don't have to share unless I need to.

@danton Why do one or the other? You can have a spiritual practice alongside your ordinary life. Better yet incorporate the practice into your life so that's fully integrated with your daily chores.

I dare you everyone to start from leo's first video. There is 355 total I think, like a year.

He releases these days one a week, so we could catch him in ho may years if we watch one video a day?

But, for me I watch 10 videos, I in 2014 now ye. I take notes, I reread my notes every then days. And I reread my notes, from the beginning every month.

I will catch up on Leo in 2020, as long as he doesn't release 4 hours videos….hehe.

And I practise the exercise by the I meditate 30 minutes now + 5 minutes visualization + 5 minutes affirmation.

I could watch all those videos in 5 months but that would not get the job done.

Do you want me to set up a schedule for you folks to start for video 1 in 2013 (there are 355 or so total)?

I could do that for U and myself, right now am at video on january 2014.

If anybody want a program (the same as me), until we get back to Leo in 2020 say Yes!

I tell you It will be a tough schedule.

You cannot just listen without taking notes and reading them again, its part to the program.

I Have faith in Leo he is the best I've ever seen.

By the way, you can skip a video, but as long as you develop a tiny meditation schedule with 5 min affirmation and 5 min visualisation. Like 15 minutes mediation every day + my program which is not that important at this point.

We could start a facebook group if U want.

It is very helpful to give yourself some basics so you don't need to worry about survival; food, water, shelter, a job to provide these things. That gives you free time to focus on other aspects of life like spirituality. 

But at some point, when we do have such things, we switch to accumulating knowledge to improve the self (if we are seeking to improve). Knowledge can be very helpful, but too much time devoted to intellectual pursuits becomes counterintuitive to the spiritual path.

You probably already have more than enough knowledge to attain self-realization.

"Complete your journey, you know everything now. If you are true in your attitude. You should not still be mesmerized, or being on to such influence or distraction...   that the goal is missed. The goal is your self without a goal."

Meditation seems like something someone should do as long as they have food and water. I started doing it when my life and mind were very chaotic and difficult. It made it much easier to stay focused and work through my everyday problems. My mind was so full of garbage I couldn't even think straight, I would make many mistakes at jobs simply because I couldn't pay the necessary amount of attention needed for the tasks I was doing. My job situation and in turn pay exponentially increased after committing to sitting on the cushion.

Edited by Elysian
Spelling