TheSomeBody

making my life porpuse real

8 posts in this topic

i have almost done the life purpose course ,i understand that my life purpose is about sharing insights,but now i have a big dilemma .

one the one hand, if this is my purpose so i think that i need to learn philosophy in univesity and get a professor there and later my work will look like a very high level because of my degree.

but on the other hand going to univesity would delay my work and my practices ( meditation, yoga) to get all the insights and i would learn tons of unnecessary meterials .

what is the better way?

have ADHD? click here if you want to treat it

2 hours ago, TheSomeBody said:

one the one hand, if this is my purpose so i think that i need to learn philosophy in univesity and get a professor there and later my work will look like a very high level because of my degree.

Not at all. I would delete this belief from your system.

Unless you're going into a technical field where you have to have certain knowledge, like engineering, fuck it. You definitely don't need to go to school for philosophy and have some professor validate you. No one cares about your degree. Do you even know where Leo went to school?

2 hours ago, TheSomeBody said:

what is the better way?

Do the actual practices and work than raise consciousness. Become an autodidact through your local public library and the internet. Once you have some money, you can buy more expensive courses and shit.

19 hours ago, aurum said:

Not at all. I would delete this belief from your system.

Unless you're going into a technical field where you have to have certain knowledge, like engineering, fuck it. You definitely don't need to go to school for philosophy and have some professor validate you. No one cares about your degree. Do you even know where Leo went to school?

Do the actual practices and work than raise consciousness. Become an autodidact through your local public library and the internet. Once you have some money, you can buy more expensive courses and shit.

umm

in university i can do all the research and get paid while i doing this work. it is pretty hard to do this work and get some money from it in early stages when you have pretty much nothing

Can't you just teach yourself philosophy? Leo is a good example of a philosopher who didn't need to go to uni to learn about philosophy.

In the book ''A guide to the good life'', the author who is a uni philosophy teacher, writes that today's philosophy programs are missing the mark and are not beneficial to students anymore. 

7 hours ago, martin_malin said:

Can't you just teach yourself philosophy? Leo is a good example of a philosopher who didn't need to go to uni to learn about philosophy.

In the book ''A guide to the good life'', the author who is a uni philosophy teacher, writes that today's philosophy programs are missing the mark and are not beneficial to students anymore. 

he did learn philosophy in collage .

umm i talking with a philosofer and he says that you need a teacher to understand this matirial.

also, i want to get money somehow, in university i can get founded for my research.

Maybe you can do a philosophy course that would take 1-2 years and give you a solid background?

While you will definitely learn a lot in the academia, expect a lot of dogma and bullshit that will clash with your core values.

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

On 15.10.2018 at 7:03 AM, Michael569 said:

Maybe you can do a philosophy course that would take 1-2 years and give you a solid background?

While you will definitely learn a lot in the academia, expect a lot of dogma and bullshit that will clash with your core values.

i am thinkin about a domain that needs metaphisics 

On 17.10.2018 at 4:06 PM, Sven said:

How old are you anyway