Marinus

Movies and consiousness

5 posts in this topic

So I don't know where put this topic

I like MARVEL and many people these do, because the cinematic movies are very popular. So I think I'm mostly at stage green, but I have some orange shades. I don't which stage these movies belong to but the whole Hollywood industry seems to be orange. Superheroes do things for the greater good, but the popularity is more about the action scenes and cinematic experiences.

I want to transcend orange, but I struggle to give up action movies like this and similar media, like anime and live action series. The one replacement I can think of is media focused on stage green and above, like YouTube content. The only problem with these videos is that it makes me tired to learn constantly. Also stage orange has valuable self help content, but of course action movies don't belong there.

• Besides the film industry I like to play Minecraft, because it is a way to express my creative ideas and it gets me in the flow state.
  • Does someone know how to give up (films) this interest and focus more on stage green and above? 

I would give up Minecraft before movies. 

Are you familiar with the Civilization game series? They are on Civilization 6 now. 

It's a great game. You can a learn a lot about History from it. And it also simulates Spiral Dynamics. 

@SFRL I will look into that. Why would rather give up Minecraft, is it a personal choice or does it more harm in your opinion?

@Marinus Minecraft seems to get really repetitive and addicting. It's basically the same thing over and over again. And before you know it time flies out of the window. 

Edited by SFRL

@Marinus You don't really have to give up anything in order to move up the spiral. It might help in some cases, but it's not necessary. And I also think it's unwise to just take a whole genre or hobby and label it as being a specific stage. You can be at Turquoise and still watch action movies every single day, I think.

But yes, I agree that Hollywood is Orange. I'm disgusted with Hollywood in general. I want Hollywood to integrate the higher stages like Yellow and Turquoise because I know it would make the movies way better.

My advice is for you to focus on moving up the spiral if you want, but only start making decisions when you actually get to whatever stage it is you wanted to get to. Don't anticipate everything. You don't know what Green will make you do until you get there.

The man who changes the world is the man who changes himself.