Ayilton

Quiet By Susan Cain 10/10

5 posts in this topic

I love this book , its fun and packed with wisdom ! Learn about introversion and how underrated it is , in the society that we live. 

A manifesto for all the introvertas , it turns out introverts think deeper , take advantage of this pratical insights to improve your life , align your priorities with your personality type ! 

@Ayilton Introversion is also a big weakness because you don’t like social settings. Like it or not, an introvert can’t make a very big difference to mankind. That’s because the world is one big social setting that you must become comfortable with, and unless that happens you won’t be able to properly change it. There are ways to become an extrovert, but it takes some inner work.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Good book! Dont remember much from it but it has a good premise. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@How to be wise There is a shadow in being an introvert, the same as in being an extravert. As long as we are aware of it and it does not rule our behaviour we may appreciate the way we are (introvert or extravert), no need to change our core to do it. As much as I appreciate some traits of extraverts I would not change (even though I can manifest such behaviour on some occasion).