Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Misagh

Answers to some common questions about enlightenment pt. 1

21 posts in this topic

What is enlightenment?

Enlightenment is the realization that you are not an entity within reality, but rather reality itself.

How to be enlightened?

You are already enlightened, however you have chosen to pretend not to be. Ignorance (as opposed to enlightenment) is mostly a distraction. It is fueled by the strength of your worldly attachments for the most part. Regardless, the only thing you have to do to be enlightened is to simply *be* enlightened.

How has one chosen to be ignorant?

Ignorance is mostly taught by society. Since birth, a particular region in reality (the body you are currently inhabiting) is singled out and said to be you (John for example, or Sarah, or whatnot).

How can one shed this ignorance?

By realizing that you are not this specific region within reality, but reality itself. To use an analogy, you are not the figure depicted in a photograph. You are the photograph itself.

What is the nature of reality?

It cannot be put to words. Were it so, it would be limited. Words divide. Reality is integrated and whole. However, all these Isms we are attaching to reality can never capture the truth. Regardless, sages have tried to do so. Reality is therefore described with words such as:

Infinity

Omnipotence

Omniscience

Existence

Intelligence

Consciousness

Bliss

Pure limitless potential

God

Etc.

What is the Self?

The self is just another word used to describe reality. However it is a good one at that, because it carries the connotation that reality is in fact, you.

What is the world?

The world, or Maya, is a holographic projection off of reality, created by the individual’s mind. Simply put, the mind interprets raw reality (pure potential) to look a certain way, and that appears to the Self as the world.

What is the ego?

The ego is a collection of emotionally charged thoughts and memories, often mistaken as the true self. The ego has a fascination with imitating reality and that often causes quite a bit of confusion.

What is “I”?

The “I” is a like a flagpole around which the ego assembles. It is the first division of reality. “I versus the rest.” You can trace back reality in this direction: Ego -> I -> The Self

What is God? 

God only exists in relation to the lowly ego who has found itself alone and powerless in the world. Both God and Ego are the Self, pretending to be something else other than itself.

If "I" attain "enlightenment" will I become like superman?

No.

But..?

You do not "attain" enlightenment. You already are enlightened. 

F$%K you Misagh! Who are you to tell me all these things you ignorant, egoic, etc. etc.

*gently flips the table and floats away.

There is a voice that doesn't use words. Listen! - Rumi

There is no I therefore there is no one making the choices of my life?

What then decides?

What am I to do?

@Misagh These are great concepts. Be aware they are just concepts. Be aware if you believe them to be true. When you do, let go of the attachment so you may expand. 

@Serotoninluv

There is no such duality here. There is no "I" who believes in anything. There is no need for expansion either, it is already there, everywhere. There is just the concepts, they are signposts. In fact, I could tell you that I am the signpost. You worrying about someone being out there who might be kept ignorant because they believe in these concepts are an illusion emanating from your mind. You see, the Self willing to show itself its true nature assumes the mantle of the prophet. That's what Mohammed said: submit to the will of Allah and don't ask questions. And Christ said be your true self. These are all the same "concept." There is use in not holding on to concepts, but that is only of value BEFORE you are enlightened. If you make a virtue of ridding yourself of concept, that only leaves you with an empty mind. An empty mind could be helpful to attain self-realization, but it does not ensure it. 

@Hafiz

I realize that right now the answer to those questions might be of value to you, but I'm here to tell you that searching for them will only confuse you. The answer is that there is no "I" who is making you your decisions. There are no decisions being made by anybody FOR anybody. Things happen spontaneously through the mysterious power of the Self. Your heart beats by itself, and there is no will behind it other than divine will. The truth is that you are the divine. But your divinity is not some childish concept that could be transmitted through simple words. Be divine. as you are. Be enlightens as you are already enlightened. 

@Misagh You just double-downed on coceptualuzing. It seems like you believe them. Reagardless of how nuanced, deep and sophisticated the ideas are, they are just ideas. 

Journey to the place beyond language and thought. A place with no distinctions.  When you return you will realize all these ideas have no more relevance than a bird chirp. You will smile and know a new freedom.

@Serotoninluv Refer to the last question on the list please :D

You are trying to tell me to enter samadhi, which I am permanently in, and yet there are concepts there! How odd! xD

Edited by Misagh

38 minutes ago, Misagh said:

@Serotoninluv Refer to the last question on the list please :D

You are trying to tell me to enter samadhi, which I am permanently in, and yet there are concepts there! How odd! xD

It doesn't seem like you have direct experience with deeper levels. You speak through ideas and concepts, not through direct experience. Ideas are no substitute for direct experience. 

Some 5-meo-dmt would dismantle your entire fortress. 

Just me 2 cents 

1 hour ago, Serotoninluv said:

It doesn't seem like you have direct experience with deeper levels. You speak through ideas and concepts, not through direct experience. Ideas are no substitute for direct experience. 

Some 5-meo-dmt would dismantle your entire fortress. 

Just me 2 cents 

You seem to expect me to communicate to you with telepathy. Of course we have to communicate through concepts in an online forum. Come to my place and maybe you are open enough for shaktipat. Words cannot communicate direct experience of course, they only produce an image of it. Although that was mentioned under "What is the nature of reality?" question. However you skipped the text just so you can tell me how wrong I am and how right you are. You don't seem to realize that this duality doesn't exist. I speak to you as if i'm speaking to myself. 

Also you comparing your DMT experience with actual enlightenment is the height of ignorance, unworthy of further discussion. People will always abuse drugs and mistake their mystical experiences with "deeper" levels of enlightenment and that is an unfortunate fact of life. I highly doubt you had a "direct" experience with reality when you were so busy freaking out over the walls of eyes and the so called "entities."

You did not get what enlightenment is, only on a perspective of the mind. 

Enlightenment is a reconsolidation of the body/mind, everything, you come out as a totally changed human being. It has nothing to do with the things that one realized what truth is or not, is beyond all that. Literally, one is born again, as if one has been in a wheelchair and now walks. 

Compared to a dormant state, an awakened human being will be able to do supernatural things in the eyes of the dormant, even physical strength is increased greatly, everything in that sense. 

Edited by Hellspeed

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@Misagh From one perspective, spirituality is like fluency in a language. I’m a native English speaker and it’s pretty obvious to me that I’m fluent in English. Moreover, I’m fluent in “proper” English. 

The assumption that my form of English is “right” was a barrier to exploring deeper levels of English. If I’m already fluent in the “proper” form of English, then other perspectives of English are incorrect and don’t apply to me.

Challenging and letting go of this belief opened up a whole new world of experience with English. I’ve traveled to many countries and have been exposed to various dialects and forms of English that I never knew existed. My favorite is a Kriol English spoken in the villages of Belize. It is sooo beautiful. It flows like music.

You may be fluent in a form of spirituality similiar to how you are fluent in a form of English. If you want to stay within your form of spirituality, fine. Just like it’s fine to stay with one’s form of English. Some people fluent in a form of English have no interest in learning another form - that’s great for them. Other people want to explore various forms - that’s great for them. 

Just consider that each of us may not be fluent in all forms of spirituality - just like no one is fluent in all forms of English. When someone presents themself as *My form of English is the only form of English and it applies to everyone*,  they may appear naive to someone fluent in another form of English. 

This is just the one perspective - it’s not the entirely true. Yet neither is any other perspective. You will likely get varios perspectives that may be helpful. 

@Misagh If you are enlightened, don't justify it. You don't need to. It's perplexing in the beginning, but I suggest you take a perspective as if you are reborn, because you kind of are. This is important because it helps in acclamation to the new reality. It's natural for people to doubt your awakening. Honestly whoever your advice helps, it helps, that's all there is to it.

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

7 hours ago, Nahm said:

48403E64-25A8-4E60-ABA8-DCA4FE9F9B05.gif

This is hilarity taken to the next level Nahm!  It would be fun with swapping different out pictures like Saddam Hussein haha, Ghandi, Barack Obama.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Misagh I would like to see more details about your own Enlightenment.  You describe Enlightenment as if you've abstracted it from any particular case and are describing it in the most general of ways.  What I'm curious about is what it's like to be an Enlightened Misagh.  I need the theory to be interwoven into your own stories, essays, and anecdotes.  It's like someone knowing a bunch of law but they don't put the law into the factual contexts where the law actually functions and lives.  Ditto for physics.  We can imagine someone who knows a bunch of principles of physics but lacks understanding of how those principles of physics apply to actual contexts.  We need the context of Misagh to make the principles come to life.  That said, after reviewing your ideas, it looks to me that you resonate with a Turquoise metaphysics.  More detail from you would help to clarify this matter.  Don't strip yourself out of the conversation.  I feel like a lot of people think they need to strip themselves out of the conversation to get at the essence of what is true.  No no no no no!  For Enlightenment Work, theory don't mean squat unless it's a shorthand to something you've observed yourself.  What you say has to have a basis in seeing in this work -- namely, you self-observing and having a very alone insight that you then clothe in language and bring to show and tell with others.  Theory has to come out of seeing in this work.  Theory without a basis in seeing in this work is hearsay conjecture.  And people trade around Thought in this work that all sounds the same to me, like somebody else's Thought.  When you have your own Thought, your Thought won't sound like everybody else's Thought.  That's because your Thought arose out of your own seeing and has your own fingerprint on it.  That's what creates uniqueness in Enlightenment theory.  The more uniquely I hear people describe Enlightenment, the more my ears perk up and listen.  The more jargon I hear, the more I assume that person is just clinging to a bunch of theory which is not grounded in their own self-observation work.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Saumaya itachi > sasuke. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

8 minutes ago, Saumaya said:

Itachi>everything

I like Sakura’s chakra control

Why the hell do I keep seeking then? 

If I’m already enlightened, then what will happen when I “drop” the idea that I’m not enlightened.

Will my life at least be more interesting and fun?