Give me the Shadow Stages for each of the following Spiral Dynamics stages:

(1) Blue

(2) Orange

(3) Green

(4) Yellow

(5) Turquoise

(6) Coral

(7) Teal

E.g., is Blue the shadow of Turquoise?  Like that.  But think for yourself too, no speculating.  Draw from your own observation and experience.  If you don't know, just leave that one blank and answer the ones you think you can take a reasonable crack at.  The more detailed analysis you can give from your own observation and experience the better.  Just giving me the Stage Only is very conclusory.  You need to give me details that support your conclusions. 

This is my only tisk tisk that I have for the Forum.  There are far too many conclusory statements being made on here with no desire to back them up with reasons or detail.   And the reason why I know there's no desire is because even when I ask for reasons, nobody ever gives them to me.  So I've proved by observation and experience on the Forum that many if not most people are averse to backing up their conclusions with reasons or detail.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor I think it depends on your definition of "shadow stage". 

I think of "shadow" as unhealthy unresolved issues from a lower stage. Or having a lower stage getting "triggered".

For example, suppose I am a low Turquoise, my sense of community has expanded from Green. It know includes all beings and things. All beliefs and experiences are "my" beliefs and experiences. (The traditional definition of a separate/finite "me" breaks down at this point). . . During the Kavanaugh hearings, I became empathetic with what "I" saw as injustice and inequality toward women. (Notice has the "I" ego has returned). I got angry and went into social justice warrior mode (unhealthy Green).  After about a week, I was able to rise back up to a Yellow meta view of Yellow and still working toward Turquoise on the issue.

Another example: Debating vs. Exploring ideas. Debate is a solid Orange. It is dominated by rational logic. It is competitive and both sides want to "win". Each side wants to be "right" and prove the other side "wrong". Sometimes, an Orange-level debater tries to engage with me. I can often see the dynamic - yet occasionally I take the Orange bait and use reason and logic to prove my point. For a strong Orange-level debater, I may pull out some higher level relativism to "win". Then, I snap out of it and can rise back up to Yellow. I would consider this an Orange shadow.

3 hours ago, Caterpillar said:

I think people don't grow out of red. They get raised or educated out of it. And then they end up repressing it. So I think everyone who's not red has a red shadow.

Everyone has every phase integrated that they've past through to scaffold them to where they are.

Everyone has every phase that they've yet to integrate that lies ahead of them in their potential. 

So, a person contains all of it in their unconscious minds as scaffolding or waiting potential.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

Yellow and Turquoise seem quite similar to me. The only difference is the "subtle energies" aspect that turquoise takes into consideration.

I have permanently locked myself out of my account to force myself to focus on my work. Goodbye.

1 hour ago, StardewValley said:

Yellow and Turquoise seem quite similar to me. The only difference is the "subtle energies" aspect that turquoise takes into consideration.

Both are tier 2 and a huge jump up from tier 1. Yet, Yellow and Turquoise have very different dynamics

Blue seems to be the shadow of Turquoise.  I've observed this on a few occasions in others and in myself when I was at Turquoise.  When stressed, Turquoise can regress into Blue temporarily.  

Also, I think the shadow of Orange is Red.  When Orange gets stressed, I've observed that they can turn very Red.  

Red and Blue seem to be the two shadow stages:

1. Has a Red shadow: Blue, Orange, Yellow
  2. Has a Blue shadow: Green, Turquoise
  3. Has minimal shadow: Coral, Teal (Coral and Teal fully see through the illusion of Ego)
Edited by Joseph Maynor

This thread is mental masturbation.

I have permanently locked myself out of my account to force myself to focus on my work. Goodbye.

On 10/17/2018 at 1:50 PM, StardewValley said:

How come? Not saying I disagree, just curious as to why c:

Edited by Artaemis

On 10/16/2018 at 8:20 PM, StardewValley said:

I disagree.  Your comment is a conclusory judgment lacking any support.  So you call foul on me and I call foul on you.  Yet the world still turns.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

On 10/19/2018 at 5:58 AM, Artaemis said:

How come? Not saying I disagree, just curious as to why c:

The purpose of this thread is to indulge in spiral dynamics like its your favorite tv show. Sometimes when someone loves a tv show, they will read every page on its wikia (wikia is like a wikepedia website about a specific tv show, video game, politics idea, etc). This is the same thing. Well, I love to read about spiral dynamics and would talk about it all day if I had people to do so with. I could be projecting but I think that Joseph Maynor feels the same way. 

On 10/19/2018 at 6:25 AM, Joseph Maynor said:

I disagree.  Your comment is a conclusory judgment lacking any support.  So you call foul on me and I call foul on you.  Yet the world still turns.

Yes it is, but it's still how I feel. 

@StardewValley I actually agree with you that its a mental masturbation. Its like when you are scrolling down the youtube list of top 10 videos... This is very similar to that essentially. SD is way more complex than that.

By the way, I just heard Leo saying: Why is this a problem? Well, we have to go back to the shoulds and woulds, so you should check out my video on moralization. xD 

10 hours ago, StardewValley said:

The purpose of this thread is to indulge in spiral dynamics like its your favorite tv show. Sometimes when someone loves a tv show, they will read every page on its wikia (wikia is like a wikepedia website about a specific tv show, video game, politics idea, etc). This is the same thing. Well, I love to read about spiral dynamics and would talk about it all day if I had people to do so with. I could be projecting but I think that Joseph Maynor feels the same way. 

Yes it is, but it's still how I feel. 

I know you don't really say its necessarily a negative but I feel studying typing systems inside out in a kind of mental masturbation way can serve its purposes. 

I know as I studied personality theory kinda inside out, with no real pragmatic purpose in mind  (other than finding a true friend) and it shifted the way I treated people and myself.  I'm less apt to make unfair judgement. I'm less cruel toward myself. I can see why others may be cruel. I can see bias where others don't look.  I can see the bias in teachers and gurus and those in positions of power or authority.

The blind spots used to really really affect me and I assumed things simply out of ignorance.

Edited by Artaemis

3 hours ago, Artaemis said:

I know you don't really say its necessarily a negative but I feel studying typing systems inside out in a kind of mental masturbation way can serve its purposes. 

I know as I studied personality theory kinda inside out, with no real pragmatic purpose in mind and it shifted the way I treated people and myself.  I'm less apt to make unfair judgement. I'm less cruel toward myself. I can see why others may be cruel. I can see bias where others don't look.  I can see the bias in teachers and gurus and those in positions of power or authority.

The blind spots used to really really affect me and I assumed things simply out of ignorance.

Fair enough. 

I targeted typology specifically because I could feel intuitively that it had the most leverage in the long term but perhaps not in the short term - which would make it seem impractical (and mental masturbation) on the surface. Sometimes its best not to assume about people, you don't know the full extent as to why they may be practicing 'mental masturbation'. 

Edited by Artaemis

@StardewValley Your entire life is masturbation!! But it feels good though doesnt it. ;) The infinite chicken-choker! 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

7 hours ago, Artaemis said:

I targeted typology specifically because I could feel intuitively that it had the most leverage in the long term but perhaps not in the short term - which would make it seem impractical (and mental masturbation) on the surface. Sometimes its best not to assume about people, you don't know the full extent as to why they may be practicing 'mental masturbation'. 

Yeah I can see it's integrative value, meaning that you can study it so that it changes your perception of the world, like you said. But, there's a point where you can overcomplicate things to the point where you don't take any action. Rather than talking about the nitty-gritty of spiral dynamics and personality theory, why not just study them enough to get the jist and then go out and apply what you've learned? I'm pretty sure that this is an excess of stage yellow.

@StardewValley I was very severely bullied at some point for a long length of time and I found typing systems to be one of my only true ways out of the psychological hell of confusion. I'm still grappling with the aftermath (Chronic pain, along with trauma) in some ways and studying typology was/is one of the fastest routes to functionality and offsetting deep levels of social ignorance. I weighed the pros and cons of different methodologies and different levels of practicality and saw the affects in my own life.

Perhaps others have made a similar weigh in, especially if they are at higher levels of development as some say they are. You don't really know unless you inquire or communicate instead of making blatant judgments as many have done to me in the past.

Edited by Artaemis

Joseph Maynor, the Joker of the party :P 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.