Nathan99

Am I On The Right Track.

6 posts in this topic

I want to start getting more serious about self inquiry. I've been meditating every day for about 3 months now. But Starting tonight, I'm gonna inquire on the self for 30 mins each day before I got to bed. I'm also gonna keep a journal so my insights don't go to waste, and so I have some way of organizing my thoughts. Provided I stick with this habit of 30 mins of meditation and 30 mins of self inquiry daily, am I on the right track to enlightenment?

Yes, but you will need to go at it much harder in the end to breakthrough.

But for starting, that is okay. You gotta start slow.

In the end you will need to go at it 100 hours in a row.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura 100 hours in a row? Like the buddha when he vowed to sit under the bodhi tree till he became enlightened? Is that a requirement for true enlightenment?

19 hours ago, Nathan99 said:

@Leo Gura 100 hours in a row? Like the buddha when he vowed to sit under the bodhi tree till he became enlightened? Is that a requirement for true enlightenment?

God no please dont do that.  My friend when he was in his 20's meditated 24 hrs straight because he believed it would help him attain enlightenment.  He did this a few times and he has had bad knee's ever since.  This is not a joke, dont meditate more then a few hours a time tops, unless you've worked you way up to it for years.  Don't even start with more then a hour tops a day for the most part, some exceptions, but just dont, not worth the turmoils you can kick off.

Edited by Mu_

You don't want to be on the right track, believe me ;) 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.